check the link from cycle world

i certainly couildnt believe that suzuki would put out a new product that wouldnt beat its competition.

its funny how some of you judge a bike before you know any real info on it. even though the 179hp and 110lb/tq is a guesstimation, im certain that the busa will take over the title of the fastest production bike on the market.

if u dont like the bike thats fine. but suzuki did improve most of the things we had been asking them too. a couple of decent mods to this beast and u are looking at 200rwhp. i cant complain with that.

beerchug.gif

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but why would so many want the bike so radically changed when we're all (most) Busa fans? We like the gsx1300r, so why expect a gsx1400r? That would make the Busa obsolete...

I'm glad Suzuki did what they did...not a fan of everthing they've done, but I'm glad they've held true to what the bike was built for originally and didn't completely overhaul our beloved Busa. If you want a major overhaul, it's time to just buy another brand of bike...

lurk.gif

(VaBusa @ Jun. 28 2007,07:35)
beerchug.gif

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but why would so many want the bike so radically changed when we're all (most) Busa fans?  We like the gsx1300r, so why expect a gsx1400r?  That would make the Busa obsolete...

I'm glad Suzuki did what they did...not a fan of everthing they've done, but I'm glad they've held true to what the bike was built for originally and didn't completely overhaul our beloved Busa.  If you want a major overhaul, it's time to just buy another brand of bike...

lurk.gif
+1

Everyone wanted new tech add to engine, got it

Everyone wanted brake upgrades, got it

Everyone wanted lighter, didn't get it, but new emissions hurt IMHO

Everyone wanted new inst cluster w/shift light and gear ind, got it

Everyone wanted it to still look like a busa, got it (some changes, but still looks like a Busa)

Everyone wanted more Power, got it. I'm sorry but a 12% increase is a big boost.

I know alot of people had real high hopes. 1400+CC, 50lbs lighter, Turbo, supercharger, Etc. sorry for your luck.

It'll take some time to get used to the new look, but from what i see we (as a community) got what we wanted. and at a decent price point.

The only decision i have is weather i wanna sell my ;04le and get an '08, or keep my busa and add an '08. Current financial limitations say i'll have to sell mine for it, but we'll see what happens with release date. and what happens between now and then.

(Cykill @ Jun. 28 2007,10:52)
beerchug.gif

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but why would so many want the bike so radically changed when we're all (most) Busa fans?  We like the gsx1300r, so why expect a gsx1400r?  That would make the Busa obsolete...

I'm glad Suzuki did what they did...not a fan of everthing they've done, but I'm glad they've held true to what the bike was built for originally and didn't completely overhaul our beloved Busa.  If you want a major overhaul, it's time to just buy another brand of bike...

lurk.gif
+1

Everyone wanted it to still look like a busa, got it (some changes, but still looks like a Busa)

Everyone wanted more Power, got it. I'm sorry but a 12% increase is a big boost.

I know alot of people had real high hopes. 1400+CC, 50lbs lighter, Turbo, supercharger, Etc. sorry for your luck.

It'll take some time to get used to the new look, but from what i see we (as a community) got what we wanted. and at a decent price point.

The only decision i have is weather i wanna sell my ;04le and get an '08, or keep my busa and add an '08. Current financial limitations say i'll have to sell mine for it, but we'll see what happens with release date. and what happens between now and then.
+10000000000000000000000000

my thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Cykill @ Jun. 28 2007,09:52)
beerchug.gif

lurk.gif
+1

I agree here. It has been a long time coming. It would have been nice to have some of these changes added during the last 4-5 years.

I would like to have seen a bit more weight reduction. But as cykill pointed out, some of the reduction may have been masked by the added emission equipment. I wasn’t hoping for unrealistic weight loss. This is not a liter road race bike, it is a GT class sport touring machine. A bit lighter wheels and a pound here or there. We may have got it. Let’s wait and see what one weighs with an aftermarket 4 into 1 exhaust on it.

So….. I guess I’m looking for a front end and wheels for mine!

Suzuki if you are listening, throw us a bone (even a minor one) every couple of years besides Bold New Graphics.

I'm waiting for some heads up comparisons myself. Love the Busa. Never felt the Busa had been truly, clearly defeated to start with. I see what goes on at the track and the standing miles, LSRs. The Busa's set records and are reliable, while the 13.5 blows up. I hope the mirrors didn't change and the azz end is ugly as heck. I guess after market tails will fix that. I'm just waiting at least a few year models for them to work the bugs out. Overall I'm happy.

I'am surprised that there are so many Totally Neg statements
wow.gif
. I hate this, this is just ugly, what did they do !!! All this and NO ONE has seen one yet (well 99.99999% on this board hasn't) in the flesh. I for one will wait, I'am just glad it isn't so radical that it makes our series Busa look old and out dated in a year or two. I suggest we wait until we can see one first, before saying how ugly or bad it is. It might just fool you ! And that tail, well, those hips could hold Nitro bottles for someone
jump9.gif

I agree with you all! Everybody got a lil something! As for me selling...No Way! In a few years everyone will be looking back for a Busa 99-07 as the bike to have!!! My 2 cents!!

I think they went aero on the tail and had to meet DOT standards on the signals, maybe instead of a tail section, everyone will just be buying under tails

According to the article they raised the windscreen and lowered the tank allowing for more cover. The spec sheet I saw raised the bike a good bit in overall height.

Back