cams or 1397?

Maybe try a Gen II or exceeding 150 :laugh:

150 is not a problem even on my 636, I'm talking 1/4 mile. I was at indy yesterday and the only time a Busa won was when it ran another Busa, not every time but even in the ametuer racing the 1k's Almost I say because someone will have somthing for that of someone they know who won or whatnot but almost every time a 1k versus busa head up the 1k wins and at my local track the same.

Maybe, but most gen 2 will beat 1K modd for modd. I have yet to see 1k, run 5.80@123 with a stock motor, and just a pipe,pc, exstension.

Last edited:
Sorry I still didnt answer your question. But a 1397 with heads and cams, with net you about 200hp+ at the wheels. Now add a wet or dry shot etc? Gearing, a intake cam, dry shot will be cheaper then the 1397. Also how much do you weight. That plays a big part in a roll on? Hope this helps.

Maybe, but most gen 2 will beat 1K modd for modd. I have yet to see 1k, run 5.80@123 with a stock motor, and just a pipe,pc, exstension.

Seen it 08' cbr100rr been done, I love the busa dont get me wrong just the new 1k's are sick

240 hp out of a stage 1? c'mon now. i see guys with stage 1's at 6 lbs. of boost all day and the best i've ever seen is 221 at the wheel. and that was serious extensive tuning.

Mine made 228rwhp on 5lbs and went 250rwhp on a 7lb spring. Not to mention it was 95 degrees and 70-80% humidity.

I can tell you from what i seen the gen 2 still dominates, not even the k9 gixxr or fireblade. I don't know about the new R1 thou.

I said it in a post last year ( chasing the 1000s ) the new 1ks are no joke. The gixxers and zx10s are 2 bikes that are hard to beat, not only are they lighter, they are smoother due to less torque. I raced against a gixxer 1k with bolt ons that ran a 5.80 consistantly.

1k's are lighter and make more power, but less torque. That don't make them smoother, it makes them harder to launch. It comes down to rider 99% of the time. From a roll you may be in trouble, but from the dig the busa has the advantage.

They are tricky to launch until you get use to leaving on the high rpms, but traction is not as big of a problem. A busa is a heck of a bike to learn to race, the power and tourque is harder for beginer drag racers to get use to. A rider that leaves the line at 8-9k
on a liter bike is in for a shock on a busa.

I wouldn't brag the gen 2 up too much...the new 1000 still out performs it in all areas...

X2 like I said I have a K3 busa and love it and yes they are more tricky to drag race I think than a Liter bike but I agree with most of you there is pro's and cons of each, I still like the busa but the new 1k's are sick and will go 5.80's with a good rider and bolt ons, I don't see many R1's at the track but the others for sure are quick But I'm gonna keep trying on the old Busa

They are tricky to launch until you get use to leaving on the high rpms, but traction is not as big of a problem. A busa is a heck of a bike to learn to race, the power and tourque is harder for beginer drag racers to get use to. A rider that leaves the line at 8-9k
on a liter bike is in for a shock on a busa.

gadson put a 636 down the 1320 faster than most will ever put their modded busas

the 1ks are plenty to destroy the busa....they just need people who can ride them

gadson put a 636 down the 1320 faster than most will ever put their modded busas

the 1ks are plenty to destroy the busa....they just need people who can ride them

thats for sure, Busa's used to be king until people learned to ride and found out what the smaller bikes could actually do. My first pass down the 1/4 on my busa was in the 10.20's @139 2 years ago, sad considering my 636 strapped lowered and jumper mod with stock exhand cat conv went 10.62 @129 before that stock bike and I am no great rider

Last edited:
How much does he weight? Now trust me I respect all 1000:thumbsup:. But with the same weight riders down hear. I have yet to see a 1000 run the same numbers as a zx-14 or gen 2 busa. Now have you seen a 230lbs rider with a 1000 runs this numbers with a stock motor? This is no disrespect to anyone on hear.
Picture2513.jpg

Last edited:
round here all the busa run low 9's like 9.04 hell even my non professional butt did a 9.72 @ 138 your problem is your runing the 1/8 and not the quarter....busa always wins in the quarter...mod for mod weight for weight

also I quaruntee you those 1000's have non stock sprockets on them in the least and your runing 17/40 still...change them out and gear it for the 1/8...

Last edited:
Stage One Turbo with a .080 spacer, APE HD valve springs, APE studs (head lift will occur) and 94 pump gas. 250 HP all day with a solid tune, very fat up top..there are some Haun kits out there for around $3900.00...pushed this same set-up to 290 HP with Octane Booster, saw the owner riding it a week ago, one year later and still flying. :beerchug:

Just put a 1397 in my 05 Busa. I thought it made a huge difference; until I raced my buddy on his 06 gsxr1k.
Were side by side, I thought I would pull away from him! Maybe a longer stretch I would, but he's right next to me. I do have 50lbs on him though? I'm 6'3" 210lbs, he's 5'5" 165 lbs.

Whats your compression? Is the head still stock? Did you change the cams? If you did change the cams are they custom grind? Who degreed your cams? Did you get the adjustable cam sprockets? Is the bike tuned properly? Did you make the neccessary upgrades to go along with the 1397? I've seen some REAL fast 1397's and some sorry ones too. its in the combination.

Theres alot of factors in a top performing engine. We have a stock bore 1300cc Busa with head/cam package and drop in pistons that will run 8.8's in qtr mile on motor with a stock clutch.

Please don't listen to anyone who recommends a $4000 hahn kit when far superior kits from RCC turbos are available for a mere few hundred more. The external gate and stainless hardware by far make up the difference, not to mention updated fmu's and customer service.

Second, if you add a .080 spacer you will need 7+ psi to exceed an actual 250 rwhp on a busa...This is race gas/intercooling/water injection required areas of boost. Run the right stuff....not some octane booster from the shelf at your local gas station. I recommend real 1.4 ratio of race gas. If your tuner recommends differently...its your call...your bike. (less psi is needed if the cr is higher ie gen 2's...however the compression=heat=detonation...so keep that in mind)

Remember gen 2 owners....the .080 spacer does not give you the same compression the gen 1 guys get....their advice is not the same for you.

Back