cams or 1397?

stevenbusa

Registered
what would you guys recomend? i really just want more power to beat 1000 bikes. Im not looking to be the fastest but these newer bikes are killing my 03. I live in phx and i know the heat and a bigger compression don't work well? what would be the hp difference compared to the cost of say another fan,battery,and other things with a big bore? also what would be the best compression for such hot weather? just courious what to look into for my next mod...thanks

stage 1 turbo, get it installed and tuned correctly and it will last LONG time if you don't mess with it or up the boost. Make 240HP on pump fuel and be faster than any of the newer bikes. Not to mention it cost less or the same as a Head/cam built 1397 or 1441

stage 1 turbo, get it installed and tuned correctly and it will last LONG time if you don't mess with it or up the boost. Make 240HP on pump fuel and be faster than any of the newer bikes. Not to mention it cost less or the same as a Head/cam built 1397 or 1441
+1 :thumbsup:

come on guys do i really need 240hp to beat a 1000? i figured a nice cam or big bore would feed my need for speed.And nos will be in the future just want more power without a button.

Just put a 1397 in my 05 Busa. I thought it made a huge difference; until I raced my buddy on his 06 gsxr1k.
Were side by side, I thought I would pull away from him! Maybe a longer stretch I would, but he's right next to me. I do have 50lbs on him though? I'm 6'3" 210lbs, he's 5'5" 165 lbs.

what would you guys recomend? i really just want more power to beat 1000 bikes. Im not looking to be the fastest but these newer bikes are killing my 03. I live in phx and i know the heat and a bigger compression don't work well? what would be the hp difference compared to the cost of say another fan,battery,and other things with a big bore? also what would be the best compression for such hot weather? just courious what to look into for my next mod...thanks

Go with a set of 12:1 1397 pistons and a small set of Web cams.

PM me if you have any questions.

John

my 03' is no slouch but with these 1k's out there now I think next year I might just join the crowd if I cant beat them.

im 6'2 and 250 i weigh 800 with the bike well thats what the recycling center scale said lol. yeah i would get a 1k but can't find one that is comforable

240 hp out of a stage 1? c'mon now. i see guys with stage 1's at 6 lbs. of boost all day and the best i've ever seen is 221 at the wheel. and that was serious extensive tuning.

been looking into this as well and when it comes down to it turbo is the cheapest way to go. for doing cams and 1397 kit its the same as most stage one turbo kits only difference is a little less power.

a 1397 kit will cost around 1k and cams with everything is around 1500 or so and a stage one turbo kit runs around 4200 for a new kit and around 3k or so for a used one

stage one turbo kits are all bolt on parts so you wont have to take apart the engine and pay for the cost or put your own time in that you would if you went wiht a 1397 kit with cams

Who cares if you can beat them? Ask them to join you for an all day ride. Them laugh at them as they start whining about the time and distance. :laugh:

240 hp out of a stage 1? c'mon now. i see guys with stage 1's at 6 lbs. of boost all day and the best i've ever seen is 221 at the wheel. and that was serious extensive tuning.
The stage one kits I've been around were running 8lbs....busa's and 14's. 6 is safe for sure though.

:poke: the power isnt the problem, your in the wrong gear .....try a gear or 2 lower and watch what happens to them when you do a roll on....if IM at 55 i will down shift to 3rd then at the very last moment drop to 2nd and hit it, i get a nice 3 foot burn out and jump 25 feet ahead of everything, a sprocket swap would cost you about 18$ to go down 1 in the front, id try that first.....

Back