Cameras?  Cameras....  Bought a Leica, Sold Leica

(VaBusa @ Aug. 16 2007,10:09) P.S. Thanks for the tip on the new Harleys...my Dad just missed getting one and regrets it and I know Mike wants to ride one, but since he barely pulls out the Road King he's got, I'm not too worried right now...
OH and the New Nightster has me kinda
SHOCKED.gif
I think it would be too small for me, but I love the look. 08's are arriving here September 8th, and we've got a pretty large allocation this year.

You know Harley offers some pretty good trade in/trade Up allowances right? Your Pop's might be able to upgrade pretty easy.

laugh.gif
 Poor you, having to shake off the 15-20 year olds...too young for too much plastic at that age, so perhaps you should  
poke.gif
tounge.gif
 I know how you love the plastic gals LOL

Even though we have the old ragtops, we're planning on putting 'em on the drag strip.  Yep, open nights when you run what you brought, allows ragtops, why the hell not?  It should be fun...he's got a rollbar in his, because you know, he tends to roll cars  
wink.gif
We won't beat any records, but it's good fun nonetheless...he's pushing 300 hp and I'm right around 265...nothing earth shattering, but faster than Dad's T-Bird
biggrin.gif
 He wants that nitrous shot bad...I envision tickets galore and perhaps divorce soon after LOL

Glad to hear life is good Rev...miss seeing you around here; too lazy to keep up anymore (me that is)  
smile.gif

More Car pics... Sorry it's just been my focus the last few months.

L1000206.jpg

My parking spot... It's safer out there on that Island...
L1000323.jpg

OK OK, I'll find something else to post pictures of... Lemme go get my razor....
SHOCKED.gif

L1000343.jpg

(VaBusa @ Aug. 16 2007,10:52)
laugh.gif
Poor you, having to shake off the 15-20 year olds...too young for too much plastic at that age, so perhaps you should
poke.gif
tounge.gif
I know how you love the plastic gals LOL

Even though we have the old ragtops, we're planning on putting 'em on the drag strip. Yep, open nights when you run what you brought, allows ragtops, why the hell not? It should be fun...he's got a rollbar in his, because you know, he tends to roll cars
wink.gif
We won't beat any records, but it's good fun nonetheless...he's pushing 300 hp and I'm right around 265...nothing earth shattering, but faster than Dad's T-Bird
biggrin.gif
He wants that nitrous shot bad...I envision tickets galore and perhaps divorce soon after LOL

Glad to hear life is good Rev...miss seeing you around here; too lazy to keep up anymore (me that is)
smile.gif
That sounds like a hell of a lot of fun... The Mustangs at the Track I mean.

As for the 15-20 year olds, I dunno... I seem to have drawn a line in the sand for myself, and I am not even talking to em' if they are under 24-25 or so... I photograph the young ones for Ads and such, but if you remember I value intellect and ability to think far more than the Giggly freaking empty heads. NOT saying they are dumb, just saying that they have A LOT to learn before they actually become interesting.
crazy.gif

You what you and Mike should do? Would be fun anyway. You are both motorheads and are contemplating going to the track a lot, you guys should get together and Build a Wicked barely Streetable Mustang or something similar. get that up to about 550-600hp and just have a blast. Sounds like something that the two of you could actually pull off.

(Revlis @ Aug. 16 2007,14:00) That sounds like a hell of a lot of fun...  The Mustangs at the Track I mean.  

As for the 15-20 year olds, I dunno...  I seem to have drawn a line in the sand for myself, and I am not even talking to em' if they are under 24-25 or so...  I photograph the young ones for Ads and such, but if you remember I value intellect and ability to think far more than the Giggly freaking empty heads.   NOT saying they are dumb, just saying that they have A LOT to learn before they actually become interesting.  
crazy.gif

You what you and Mike should do?  Would be fun anyway.  You are both motorheads and are contemplating going to the track a lot, you guys should get together and Build a Wicked barely Streetable Mustang or something similar.  get that up to about 550-600hp and just have a blast.  Sounds like something that the two of you could actually pull off.
All of my comments about your obvious obsession with the plastic young chicks was in jest...I remember plenty about you, most notibly your complaints about all the gals in FL (hear that Brenda?)  
tounge.gif
 he he

That would be a blast, the car idea...those pesky kids of ours come first though...Mike's currently building them custom go-carts, gas powered motors with electric starts so they can tool around the neighborhood, pick up chicks
laugh.gif
THEN, he's looking in to getting them on the racing circuit near Langley Air Force Base in "kid carts"...each cart runs about $1500 USED, not to mention a trailer to get 'em there, track fees, t-shirts for the fans LOL...yeeeahhhh, our days of modifying toys for Mom and Dad are coming to yet another close...it's all for the kids LOL  But hey, it's a helluva lot of fun...  
cool.gif

It is a good idea though; I'll have to mention that to him...wonder how much I'd have to beg to get a turn at racing it
zzwhip.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Aug. 16 2007,11:12) I love that Leica shots. Always been a Canon guy myself. I have SD450 and Rebel XT now.

beerchug.gif
Yeah, if you're thinking about getting a new digital, and want that in between the elph and SLR the Leica is the bomb. It's the lens that just makes it what it is. Just awesome. Hell I might end up with another one down the road.

But I am thinking that the New Canon S5 or the G7 will be the way to go. I like the S5s Zoom and the tilt-out LCD a lot too though, but it lacks a lot of the manual controls the G7 has.

(VaBusa @ Aug. 16 2007,11:10)
(Revlis @ Aug. 16 2007,14:00) That sounds like a hell of a lot of fun... The Mustangs at the Track I mean.

As for the 15-20 year olds, I dunno... I seem to have drawn a line in the sand for myself, and I am not even talking to em' if they are under 24-25 or so... I photograph the young ones for Ads and such, but if you remember I value intellect and ability to think far more than the Giggly freaking empty heads. NOT saying they are dumb, just saying that they have A LOT to learn before they actually become interesting.
crazy.gif

You what you and Mike should do? Would be fun anyway. You are both motorheads and are contemplating going to the track a lot, you guys should get together and Build a Wicked barely Streetable Mustang or something similar. get that up to about 550-600hp and just have a blast. Sounds like something that the two of you could actually pull off.
All of my comments about your obvious obsession with the plastic young chicks was in jest...I remember plenty about you, most notibly your complaints about all the gals in FL (hear that Brenda?)
tounge.gif
he he

That would be a blast, the car idea...those pesky kids of ours come first though...Mike's currently building them custom go-carts, gas powered motors with electric starts so they can tool around the neighborhood, pick up chicks
laugh.gif
THEN, he's looking in to getting them on the racing circuit near Langley Air Force Base in "kid carts"...each cart runs about $1500 USED, not to mention a trailer to get 'em there, track fees, t-shirts for the fans LOL...yeeeahhhh, our days of modifying toys for Mom and Dad are coming to yet another close...it's all for the kids LOL But hey, it's a helluva lot of fun...
cool.gif

It is a good idea though; I'll have to mention that to him...wonder how much I'd have to beg to get a turn at racing it
zzwhip.gif
I could just see the two of you enjoying building the hell out of Mustang... Not worrying about street ability, just power...

Hey need carts for the Kids, we sell these down stairs
carter carts
gtr250_images_006.jpg

We also have Shifter Karts, and all manner of stuff. FWIW.

sounds like a good time though either way, carts for the kids or Mustang for the adults... Toys are good.

You going to personally deliver these carts?
biggrin.gif

Hey, back to you - what besides tinting the windows have you done to the BMW?

(VaBusa @ Aug. 16 2007,12:00) You going to personally deliver these carts?
biggrin.gif

Hey, back to you - what besides tinting the windows have you done to the BMW?
Well not a darn thing... I just got my tracking info for my wheels and tires though, should have them on next week or so. Otherwise I am not going to mess with it. It's pretty much... Well, perfect.
smile.gif

Audio is good

Exhaust sounds great

Engine is a gem, 0-60 in 4.8 is fun.

So yeah, other than wheels and tires fortunately I am done.

Although, there is a simple piggy back tuner for about $1300 that gets me a reliable 360HP 400TQ... Very tempting...
rock.gif

Wife loves it, it's got subwoofers under the seats so... Yeah a lot of bass and it's better than a Harley vibe wise.

Back