Camera's again?  Yup, Again.  So far 2 Leica's

the exhaust is a marvel... cruising it sounds like a typical BMW but when you hammer it, it REALLY barks up... does the coupe have the same motor? if so.... I hope your license is bullet proof... these things gotta get tickets as fast as the Busa..
Yeah 300HP Twin Turbo inline 6 and a 6-speed. Bonus is with two zip ties around a vacuum line it's easy to get that growl outta the exhaust all the time, not just at higher RPMS.
laugh.gif

License isn't bulletproof, but it is laminated in traffic attorney so that's kept my record clean thus far...

Yeah, 0-60 4.8 60-0 in 115ft, amazing handling, and yet comfy and quiet when just rolling down the Highway, pretty much it's the Mustang GT only tighter and better finished. Bonus is with the twin turbos 360-370HP is a plug in module and $1300 away.
wowold.gif

Sorry this is about camera's not the pretty car...

Then again.. How about a combo... THIS was taken with my tiny little SD1000...

IMG_0696.jpg

super.gif
I wanna be you when I grow up ...

Cool job, lots of $$$ and really cool toyz
coolold.gif
But no go-tee

That G9 is amazing! I didnt know it was still a compact and only about $350 online

Dimensions
Depth 1.67 in.
Height 2.83 in.
Weight 0.71 lb.
Width 4.19 in.

I am looking to upgrade my lighting and want to be able to use CLS feature on my Nikon Speedlights so that means a D300. If I weren't in Iraq, I would have a small studio set-up at home. Can't really use stuff like that here, that is unless I can convince a few of these lady soldiers to pose for me.

That G9 is amazing! I didnt know it was still a compact and only about $350 online

Dimensions
Depth 1.67 in.
Height 2.83 in.
Weight 0.71 lb.
Width 4.19 in.
I'd be wary of anyplace getting it to you for $350 though, sounds like "fell off the back of the truck" pricing but heck yeah snatch it up for that price...

I am looking to upgrade my lighting and want to be able to use CLS feature on my Nikon Speedlights so that means a D300. If I weren't in Iraq, I would have a small studio set-up at home. Can't really use stuff like that here, that is unless I can convince a few of these lady soldiers to pose for me.
Yeah, I wouldn't take anything you want to keep to the desert, you know as well as I that sand and heat are the bane of Cameras.

If I get more into photography I'll probably end up with a good quality D-SLR. Canon or Nikon, I don't really have a preference. I'm just looking for something that can take good pictures, and still be portable enough for me to carry around without looking like a target.

Does your G9 have light leak? Dpreview.com has a bunch of posters who say its a problem for them. Problems with hot pixels? is the RAW feature worth getting? Im looking for a full featured full manual control non DSLR as I too do not want to be a target nor do I want to lug around a big camera. I used to lug around a film SLR (canon A2) but it was too big for the snap shots that accounted or 80% of my pix. The G9 looks to be the one to tote everywhere and get "artsy" when the opportunity arises. Ill probably get one next week.

Does your G9 have light leak? Dpreview.com has a bunch of posters who say its a problem for them. Problems with hot pixels? is the RAW feature worth getting? Im looking for a full featured full manual control non DSLR as I too do not want to be a target nor do I want to lug around a big camera. I used to lug around a film SLR (canon A2) but it was too big for the snap shots that accounted or 80% of my pix. The G9 looks to be the one to tote everywhere and get "artsy" when the opportunity arises. Ill probably get one next week.
First thing I looked for was the "Light Leak". I'm pretty sure it's little more than Nikon Lover Propaganda at DPreview, which is my favorite camera review site FWIW.
smile.gif

I've handled three G9s and I haven't found a trace of issue with the LCD, it's sharp and works terrific.

I DO however have some Stuck pixels in the sensor. NOT the LCD but the sensor itself. There are 4 of them, now four out of 12Million isn't bad I suppose but I'll still be contacting Canon shortly.

We'll see. 4 out of 12mil is pretty minimal and will involve about 1/2 a second in Photoshop to fix but still.

So far I am loving the G9. The Macro is to die for, the build quality is top notch and the ability to use their speedlight flashes, twist on accessory lenses, along with it's flexibility is pretty unmatched. I will likely be keeping this one, even over the Leica D-lux 3. The Leica has a better lens, and does have that little bit of Leica Cache, but so far the Canon has impressed me more.

Here ya go, here's the full size shot @ 12Meg, cranked down to 72dpi for posting...

IMG_0708guzzi.jpg

Then we start closing in on the crop... Same image, I am just drilling down...

Yeah I spent lunch at the Moto Guzzi dealer... Thinking pretty hard about a Griso...

IMG_0708lcrop.jpg

And one more, this is at 100% Keep in mind that the original image is 3000X4000pixels... Or Freaking Big.

IMG_0708100crop.jpg

Back