Busa stereo options??

I can't lie......I'm jealous lol. I want this in my busa so bad. Sometimes it keeps boring listening to wind plus it keeps me from speeding. Nice. What's the nice round price to have a system installed on 2 wheels?
If you were to do just a component setup up front amp and a 6 or 8 sub would probably cost you 500 to 700 if you did it your self by the time you got done with speaker cable and power cable and figerglass but if you took it too a shop your probably looking at around 1000 plus for a decent nothing crazy setup

That sounds about right $1000. U are right....its not like custom shops gets busa's everyday to install a stereo system on it lol. Good info BlkDrgnZ28.

Unless I can get a step by step diagram....looks like I might have to fork up the money to have it done.

Unless I can get a step by step diagram....looks like I might have to fork up the money to have it done.
Well it wouldn't be hard to do at all you would just have to find a spot to put the amp maybe im thinkin under the driver seat cause i've seen battery relocator mounts that put your battery in your lowering links on a 2-4 drop then you could mount the amp where your batter is run a power cable right off the battery to the amp use the batterys ground. Hookup your signal wire off your constant brake light or cheap switch, then run speaker cables up to the front speakers with some sort of quick connects. Run a 12 ga back to your sub on a quick connect, and find a sub thats either free air or that would have the proper air space in the hump i was thinking just filling hump with water (while nothing in it) and then measuring the volume to figure out displacement and then mounting and sealing up or porting and the front side of the hump which would make a little louder just more complicated. And just mounting the input off from the ipod into the amp and figuring out some way to take a base charger that you sit in and mount it into the inner farings or the triple tree to keep it charged for the longer rides cause im using my old ipod for riding since i don't really care if it gets broken and the batterys shot. I know how everythings gotta go in i just dont know where to fit the amps properly i know i can get a 1 or .5 fared cap on the inside of the tail on the right side to help with headlight dimming and to take it easier on the battery with more boom on on the heavy hits just need to quite being so lazy and use my rebate money for this even if its just getting the amp and 5.25's hooked up and work on the subs and rear speakers a lil later

This isn't rocket science.

I have installed my own stereo's since 1995 when I blew my 78 Camaro's wiring
harness and learned what NOT to do. LOL Forgot to disconnect the battery on that one.
cursin.gif

So really once you guys know how to hook up a amp, speakers, etc, it's childs play.
Fabrication, now that is where you need some skills.....I won't know if any fab
work is needed , but so far I can see under the left fairing where Rythm's speaker is
there are some electrical components in the way that have to be relocated. Once I
work that out, it shouldn't be too complicated. The hardest part is figuring out where
to mount things, and that's not rocket science either. Square in the circle type of
mechanics started in kindergarden.
tounge.gif

Rhythm's is definitely pimp, no contesting it. :)Looks like he's got skillz in fab'n
or outsourced it. Either way, VERY nice layout. Thanks for posting those pics too.
I will just share what info I find and probably will do some pictorials as
I go along. I've been helped ALOT on many of the forums I frequent including
my muscle car forum for the past 7 years. So I'm willing to give back to the
communities whatever I discover.
smile.gif
(BTW that's not a crack at anyone, that's just me)

Now that I know Rhythm got 5.25's to work, that's the goal now.
The hardest part of this install is finding hiding places for components.

To be honest, I think I might hit up the local stereo shop I frequent and ask da boyz
if they can just mount my 5.25" with some custom enclosures and get a quote.
That part is not my specialty, but I'll post pics and prices for the rest of ya.

Rhythm's set is/was sweet for sure. Having seen it in person, assembled and disassembled, there really aren't any super secrets involved. You just have to figure out how to get stuff mounted and powered. You have to find places for amps and inputs.
Totally agreed.

As far as those who like the simplicity of helmet headphones, that's all good.
Me personally , I don't want anything in my ears leaving me unable to hear traffic.
I drive around Chicago.....anyone who drives in a major metropolitan city KNOWS
you need to hear.......it's 10x worse on a bike. Taxi drivers damn near TRY to kill you.

Dude, I live in Lemont and my bro-in-law has a pad on Grenshaw... we should hook up for a ride sometime  
beerchug.gif

Also, need help hooking stuff up? my father in law has an electronics shop bet he'd help free of charge...  I might want to put in a system myself  
beerchug.gif

PM me sometime.

beerchug.gif

I always liked the idea of a system on the busa...Looking forward to watching it as it unfolds...Goodluck....

Dude, I live in Lemont and my bro-in-law has a pad on Grenshaw... we should hook up for a ride sometime
beerchug.gif

Also, need help hooking stuff up? my father in law has an electronics shop bet he'd help free of charge... I might want to put in a system myself
beerchug.gif

PM me sometime.
Where's your father in laws electronics shop??

I just looked up where Lemont is because I had no idea where that is.
I'm in Schaumburg which is straight North of you on I-355 by the Elgin O'Hare intersection. Maybe.....eh....45 mins away.

I'm diggity down for some ridin.
I might swing out by you to check out your Father in Laws shop.
I can always use a good connection in electronics.
smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Back