My Busa Stereo Upgrage

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
The original stereo sounded pretty good, but not good enough. I wanted more bass and more volume. So I decided to try to put a sub-woofer in my hump. So I bought a spare cowl from Rythm, and got a sub-woofer education for free. :tounge:

So I took the hump to my favorite stereo store and they were all excited. They had never done anything like this before. I almost tried to make them pay me to do it. Anyway, their best guy worked on it, and built a 6" sub and enclosure into the hump.

I had him put a grill on it to protect it from stray stuff that might be in the trunk. Believe it or not, I still have room for my disc lock and tools.
Here it is:

Sub_Woofer_1.jpg

But I wasn't done just yet. The sub is no good without a decent amp. My current amp was a 40 watt job from Radio Shack, not good enough.

We found a 200 watt amp that fits in the trunk nicely. The way it was explained to me is that 50 watts go to each of the front speakers, and 100 watts to the sub.

Here is the Amp:

Amp_1.jpg

The conclusion is a system that sounds 2 or 3 times better than the first. It is louder, clearer and the bass kicks. Apparently, the Amp improved the sound of the front speakers as well. You should here Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight" and "I Don't Care Anymore".

Wow!

Here are both sub and amp.

Amp___Sub.jpg

For those who may have missed previous posts with the front speakers and IPOD.

I have since added a cleaner, lower profile, 90 degree interface to the IPOD.

Stereo_Oval.jpg

...something else to add to my list of mods! My husband's going to leave me!
Looks nice Greg...I didn't realize you'd put a stereo on the Busa (slow blonde...)

Enjoy! :)

Nice setup G :drool: So I guess you opt not to use the cylinder type amp and not to fully enclose the 6" speaker into the hump? As long as it soundz good thatz what matters. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

Nice setup G :drool: So I guess you opt not to use the cylinder type amp and not to fully enclose the 6" speaker into the hump?  As long as it soundz good thatz what matters. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: .
I went with this Amp cause they had it, it is nice and flat and just fitts perfectly with minimal modification, and I got it for $99. I am still struggeling with understanding subs, but the guy decribed what he did in a very similar fashion to your description. There is an enclosure built and sealed in the hump. I do not understand what else you mean by fully enclosed. In any case, it sounds off the hook.

He used some sort of cross over and set up the Busa to take over where the fronts leave off. So I regular sound plus a lot of bass!

It is just what I wanted. i couldn't be happier!

The guy thought that my battery should do fine, but I am watching it closely. Yesterday, I ran it for about 2 hours, sitting in the hot sun (don't know if that matters), and it started fine. Waiting so see if I will need a secondary battery, but so far so good.

I plan on doing the "secondary" battery install when I get my next Busa just to be on the safe side . Once again G >>>>>nice go'n Pimp and anytime you need help or advice just give me a holla.

Peace out brotha-man.

The guy thought that my battery should do fine, but I am watching it closely. Yesterday, I ran it for about 2 hours, sitting in the hot sun (don't know if that matters), and it started fine. Waiting so see if I will need a secondary battery, but so far so good. [/QUOTE]

I like to suggest that you should hook up your battery to a battery tender when you get home if your going to use your soundz daily . Just to play it safe>>>>>>>>>my.02.

That is too cool. I never even thought you could do such a thing. Now my mind is spinning thinking of doing the same thing.

That is too cool. I never even thought you could do such a thing. Now my mind is spinning thinking of doing the same thing.
[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Busa Zone EAKbusa . If it can be done you will probably see it here first ;but check out the other Busa site too . The Hayabusa seems be the " best bike" for trickn out for lQQks and Speed. You'll have more luck finding after market modz for this baby than any other bike .

That is too cool! However, I find myself asking, what next?!? How are ya goin' to top that? No doubt you will, but... :beerchug:

Well Rhythm I see you struck again. I met you nearly a year ago and I see your ideas finially got out there! Good lookin out, Thinker you'll love it. Did you wire it so you could unplug the sub and and ride double up?:super:?:super:?:super:

CHick magnet you!

Back