My Busa Stereo Upgrage

Posted on Aug. 18 2003,9:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well Rhythm I see you struck again. I met you nearly a year ago and I see your ideas finially got out there! Good lookin out, Thinker you'll love it. Did you wire it so you could unplug the sub and and ride double up???[/QUOTE]

Wuz up JD! So was up with JW>>>>is he o'k or what ? I called and left a message on his phone before he left for Fl. on business last week . Stop by the crib when you get time Playa and leave a damn message whenever you call the crib I hate that private I.D. call $h!t you got and I usually will not answer the phone if it register this way. Check you on flip side Pimp.

Gone!!!!!!!!!!

Very cool thinker........could you fit an 8" in the hump.....almost looks like there's room.........I just may have to put this on my winter list.

Well Rhythm I see you struck again.  I met you nearly a year ago and I see your ideas finially got out there!  Good lookin out, Thinker you'll love it.  Did you wire it so you could unplug the sub and and ride double up?:super:?:super:?:super:

CHick magnet you!
What up Ice?

First off, I have to give credit where credit is due. I got this idea from my friend "Chicago". He has a stereo on his Busa, and as a matter of fact he has been doing this on every bike he has had for 15 years....that includes his Busa, R1, Katana 1100, FJ 1200, and FJ 1100.. When I joined here, I asked if anyone had any ideas about doing this, and everybody thought I was crazy. So I dummy-ed up and started talking about my secret mod. I finished it just before Laguna, and my boy from Chicago and I were both rollin with Busa Stereos. The sub is an upgrade to the stereo.

Now I have been talking to my boy Rhythm a lot and learning a lot about how subs work and are made. He knows how to do everything, and s he puts it, "Great Minds Think Alike!"

Buyt to get back to your question, Yes I hooked it up with plugs so that I can easily disconnect and go with my Corbin seat or my other Hump. The stereo still works in this manner.

Monster, an 8" sub would probably fit. I just went with the reccomendation of my stereo guy.

That is too cool! However, I find myself asking, what next?!? How are ya goin' to top that? No doubt you will, but...  :beerchug:
I have a few things on the list, but no more double secret mods.

Digigear
Alarm
Re-painting Inner fairings
Chroming some parts
Chrome Wheels
Front Seat replacement

I will start on them when it starts raining around here.

what kind of front speakers do you have ? I didn't know you could hook up an amp to a mp3 player .
cool.gif

I want one of those!! I want to be able to crank up the tunes and have it blaring and have the base thumping and people looking around trying to figure out where the Hell that music is coming from !! lol

I just did my stereo mod last week, speakers in the helmet and my MP3 player.. it works, I can hear the music no problem at 130+

Awesome! Is it loud enough (without distortion) to hear clearly inside a helmet cruising at say... 75--or, at what speed does wind noise negate hearing it well? Just curious. I am very interested in this creative mod. I usually use high-end ear buds with a mini-disc player or a small FM radio, all running through a "pocket" amp and it sounds incredibly good but it's a pain in the butt to rig and wear. Your setup looks like the answer.
smile.gif

This will never replace an in-helmet system. You can hear it great up to about 50 and decent up to 70, but the quality isn't all that hot. If you live in an urban area, if you cruise the strip, if you park next to outdoor cafes, if you hang out at Starbucks or Hooters, this is the ticket for you. It is loud and the quality is excellent.

I believe the new version of my amp is too big, so finding one that works will be a challenge.

off the hook man i just wired a kenwood amp an old bose 301 and my archos jukebox mp3 up to my riding lawnmower just to piss of my neighbors i think ima do the bike now

hey i like the up grade if you dont mind can i get the specs on the amp(model #). i would like to hook my busa up.Thanks

Back