My Busa Stereo Upgrage

Go to the mtx website if that amp is still made. I'm sure if its not there is a similar replacement. Heat is a factor as small packed amps need heat disspation. So on hot days the amp might shut off being used a lot. I'm a big audio guy
Posted via Mobile Device

I always noticed those mtx amps never got hot at all.. i dunno how because they had very few heatsinks...

So I've been playing around making some fiberglass speaker boxes and trying to figure out the best way to do this without it looking like a backyard job, I know where I've gone wrong and am now starting a new approach. Basically I am going to make a bracket to attach to the two tank bolts that will hold up my psp...all the done up cars seem to put in play stations. Hopefully I can chrome or polish the bracket, and looking at some marine speakers to install on the fairings. The sub in the hump is pretty sweet...really liking that but I like to take passengers now and then, I guess with the right amp I could just disconnect it, but the one I have right now needs the balance, and any others I have found in my area don't fit the spot I allocated for it.

Any thoughts? I post some pics when I start making some progress.

If you want to spend a little cash for a great all-purpose mount.....TechMounts are great! Nice platform for most mobile devices..... If you are looking at speaker mounts, you may hafta get creative. Check out my BusaTunes website, Flash Intro Page for some ideas; I have come up with a couple designs, the newest is nearly flush-mounted (about 1/4 inch raised)...I haven't updated the site yet...coming soon! Check it out, let me know what you think! G

17114d1257963711-necropost-warning-pinhead-necro2.jpg

oh, and welcome to 2011

altec-lansing-backbeat-noise-isolating-ear-bud-headphones.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok, that's enough :beerchug: posting for me

Thanks for sharing Thinker,its in my wishlist.I am already using 2 batteries at the moment.Will ask you for more details and advice when i am ready for it:beerchug:

The only thing keeping me away from adding a stereo to my Busa is cutting the left and right dash panels to add speakers. The wiring and adding a 6" woofer to the hump would be cake. I'm just not comfortable enough to cut my panels without KNOWING I want to keep it that way. I'm also pretty sure I don't have the room underneath them due to my HID installation...

I would think about adding speakers underneath the dash, although the room under there is minimal as well and doesn't look as BA.

Back