Busa stereo options??

Aceshigh

Registered
I remember one of the old school players on here having a stereo
system with a sub in his hump on here, forget his screenname but
I wanted to know if any of you have installed small speakers that
you can power somehow and use an MP3 device while you're riding??

ANYONE does this and can layout some pics and details???
Thanks.

I just took a few minutes to lay this all out on paper and I think
I'm going to give it a shot and then I'm going to share ALL the
information publicly.

So if anyone would like to add input (Thunder or Rhythm) it would
be greatly beneficial but I think I've got it figured out and I'm
going to pass it along to all riders in a write up. I just have to
make a stop at the local car stereo amp shop to find 2 small amps
for this to work, and a small crossover. The rest is cake.

I think all I need is the following:
60W amp fed from fused 12gauge power line directly off battery.
Audio fed to amp from Ipod via Stereo to RCA 3foot long cord >
29121.jpg

then you wire the speakers into the amp + / - and cut out the holes
in the fairings and mount the speakers. In theory this should work
as long as the Busa alternator (wherever that is) can supply enough
power to it.

The blue wire (messenger) for the Amp to turn on/off will need a
signal so I'm thinking a toggle will work.
smile.gif

I found this 6.5" JL Audio sub on ebay for $120 that accepts 40-150w
So that should suit the hump well enough.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem

Any input on the theory?? I will write up a tutorial and pics this
week and keep everyone informed on the outcome.

The Busa doesn't have an alternator it has a stator. But I believe it will support the power. Not sure if the battery will

Send Rhythm or ICEMAN a pm. They are on every now and again but they could help you out with this if you can get them to reveal their secrets.
beerchug.gif

i actually was thinking about doing the exact same thing sony makes a perfect amp its a slim line pretty tiny 2 channels by 50 watts 4 ohms which would be perfect cause i was planning on doing 4" marine components to get the tweater aimed better for better sound and to tuck in under the wind and was looking at a few different sub options the first one being either the jl audio 6w3 which is what you posted, a 8w7 but not sure wether it would have enought power and if the hump would be the proper and amound and wether or not to go sealed or ported and put the port right out of the back of the hump into your back pretty much, and the third sub option would be a polk free air 8" sub thats also pretty low powered just want to figure out the best way for good bass and to be able to hear it up to say 90 mph or so. i was planning on using the ipod into the amp setup jsut like you have goin on there and i've tried looking info up for sure with no luck so if either you or me get done with it first let me know or i'll keep you up cause i've been thinking about  this for a long time. heres the sony amp i was looking at on crutchfield

http://www.crutchfield.com/App....&tp=115

and good luck getting either of them sharing on the system setup i think theres a page on here and they were being all hush hush about it like it was a huge secret so good luck with that one lol

and good luck getting either of them sharing on the system setup i think theres a page on here and they were being all hush hush about it like it was a huge secret so good luck with that one lol
Yeah I did a search and found thunders thread from 2003, then another from 2005
and I figured they want to keep it all top secret , but I sent them a PM and email
anyways. Personally, it's 5 years later and I don't see the need for secrecy but
whatever....I'm not the type to beg people , I'll do it on my own.

The Sony amp you posted looks somewhat large bro, I know it's thin but it still
has a LARGE footprint and the Busa doesn't have much room to hide something that
big I don't think. I was browsing the HDforums because of course those big geezer glides
do have some ass kickin stereo's but all the options they were pushing were f'n
retarded......amps and speakers in the $600 range.....they get ripped off IMO.

As far as amps go, this is what I have found so far.
THe Mitzu on ebay for $30 is junk.
MOST of the options below $50 are probably junk as well.
They recommended this one. The THD isn't bad at 0.2% so I think I'm
going to give it a shot, can't lose for $56+ sh, if it sucks, hello Ebay.
http://www.uniqcycle.com/Product....chSpecs
If it works, I'm going to buy another and get that sub.

Speakers, I'm thinking of trying out these Boston's.
They're 5.25" though....not sure if it will work. Gotta measure my fairings.
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-NEW-BOSTON-5-25-5-1-4-100w-2-WAY-CAR-SPEAKERS-S55_W0QQitemZ350051810507QQihZ022QQcate

goryZ14941QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-NE....iewItem</a>

The key thing with speakers to pay attention to is the Sensitivity ratings.
Anything in the 80's will "crackle" at higher volumes.
90+ is good. These are higher then most in the 92 range.
I would prefer Infinity Kappa's but I'm going to give them a shot.

This is a snapshot of Thunders 4" speakers I think....so 5.25" should work.
post-6-26937-Stereo_Oval.jpg

well i was thinkin 5 and quaters to but in the thread they said it was a pain to have room to put the magnet in on the left side cause of all wires not to mention when i was lookin at it a few weeks ago 4" were doable but i think 5.25's where just pushing it trust me i'de rather have the 5's way more options out there as far as marine components go cause i think if you get the tweeters just right, kinda under the windsheild i think that will help with the sound being lost in the wind cause your gonna loose your high freqs first in the wind and the higher the db rating the louder you'll be able to play them with less power and less distortion i was also thinking about doing a half fared cap or a whole one depending on how small i can find them

and yeah i've looked at a lot of the ones on ebay and think they all look like crap kinda anoyed but o well wish they made a nice amp specifically for motorcycles not the cheap crappy ebay ones

I'm going to go grab some 5.25" speakers just for test fitment tomorrow and I'll let you know.
I'm not sure I'll do components because of the fact you need 2 crossovers as well.
That's even MORE crap to try and find a hiding place for that I don't think I want to do.

So we shall see for now.
I'm ordering this weekend and I'll post back up what I find if they work or not.

I would try looking for a small marine amp so you never have to worry about it. Just an Idea. This is pretty good stuff I will keep watching.

if you go with compnent speakers, you can hide the crossovers in the nose piece. i set of 5.25 components amped would sound real nice with a woofer in the hump.

I can tell you that Rhythms sounds amazing. He had us all listening to it at the Cyclefest parking lot out in CO a few years back at the first MnG. He built custom enclosures for his tweeters and mids, has the sub in the hump and did something with the rectifier for power. I didnt get the entire view, but evidently the power setup hinges on battery and the rectifier size....I wanna say he got a bigger of both but dunno where/how the rectifier was upgraded.

All I know is that it sounded great, even riding next/behind him through the mountains in SD
cool.gif

I can't lie......I'm jealous lol. I want this in my busa so bad. Sometimes it keeps boring listening to wind plus it keeps me from speeding. Nice. What's the nice round price to have a system installed on 2 wheels?

Tyrone's set-up was done up right.... Either him or JD should be able to help you out. They are both stellar people.

Rhythm's set is/was sweet for sure. Having seen it in person, assembled and disassembled, there really aren't any super secrets involved. You just have to figure out how to get stuff mounted and powered. You have to find places for amps and inputs.

Doing it yourself with no experience could be hairy, but a custom install shop could knock it out in no time. I find it easier to just wear headphones though.

Tunes on the busa is pimpin' for sure though.

yeah the headphones are nice but snag the cord even the littlest amount and they get pulled out the ears just enough were you can still kinda hear it but you can barely hear at speeds plus it would be baller to have setup when out cruising the clubs on a friday night def don't see too many sportbikes with a boomin system

Back