Big- Bore or Bling? What yo thing?

I vote for the big bore bike as long as the rest of the bike isn't roached out. You know, all go and no show???

I would have to say chrome and paint. I am a big power kinda person but if you can't handle the power you already have properly why get more. The Hayabusa in completely stock form is capable of running a 9.7 and maybe better and I mean stock height everything. How many of us can post a timeslip with that time and with no mods, not me. You wanna go faster? Educate yourself and practice, don't get a turbo. If you can hump a stock busa down the track and lay down a 9.7 9.8 with a 1.62 63 65ish 60' make more power and run with it. Just my opinion. If you actually watch Tool Time you see Tim taking a tool too big for the job and screwing everything up.

I would have to say chrome and paint. I am a big power kinda person but if you can't handle the power you already have properly why get more. The Hayabusa in completely stock form is capable of running a 9.7 and maybe better and I mean stock height everything. How many of us can post a timeslip with that time and with no mods, not me. You wanna go faster? Educate yourself and practice, don't get a turbo. If you can hump a stock busa down the track and lay down a 9.7 9.8 with a 1.62 63 65ish 60' make more power and run with it. Just my opinion. If you actually watch Tool Time you see Tim taking a tool too big for the job and screwing everything up.
Not everybody drag races. I have my first gen wide open at redline many times on every ride (believe me I get everything out of it), and its just a little too soft for me. I'd love a big bore or turbo, and thats probably going to be my next mod :laugh:
For alot of folks believe it or not, a stock busa could use more power :thumbsup:
And for those concerned, yes I have plenty of wide open spaces where I live to safely do it, as do lots of other folks I'm sure :beerchug:

Last edited:
Just courious , Which would you want more and why? If you could get a Really nice Freshly built Big Bore Bike ,( Busa) Built by a top knotch mechanic , That looks Very very Nice Or a absolutely beautiful custom painted , totally chromed out Busa with low miles and basic upgrades which would you want ? Why? PS both bike are basically the same price...

I thought about both 4 my busa this winter.
I decided do nether +go with a crossover delay timer set up.

leave on button 2 step rev limiter.:please:
will cost me $700 fun tickets.:please:

Back