Big Bore Kit

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
I have made up my mind to do a big bore kit on the Busa this winter. I want to do a small shot of NOS and/or turbo down the road. My bike has 26k on it so I am figuring I will start the major upgrades with a good solid rebuild. (might as well go big bore while I am at it...)

Keeping in mind that I want to do a turbo/NOS down the road, which big bore kit will be the most reliable for the additional upgrades down the road. I want something that will stand up against the turbo/nos when I install it. I also don't want to run into any over heating issues with the big bore. Which one should I buy? I am always under the philosophy that bigger is better...
biggrin.gif
but I have heard that the 1500 big bore kits have a tendency to over heat in town. I also want this to be a nice touring bike for long rides as well...

Any suggestions/experiences? What is the best route for what I want to do for the MONEY.

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094845518 -->

I know nothing about turbos, but how they work. As far as big bore kits go, I've always got into discussions with these mechanic/racer guys and they seem to all be in agreement that the 1397cc big bore is best for the Busa. I've considered the big bore also, but will definitely go turbo sometime soon. As far as turbos go, I would PM The Great Ninja Eater on that topic or maybe even Johnnycheese. I'm sure these guys will have a wealth of knowledge to pass on to you. Good luck dude.

Brian

When asking bout the turbo, be sure to ask for all the info on Everything you'll need so that the engine stands up to your riding style.

Dude, call Johnnycheese (Shop # is 512-990-0686) and get his input. He should be able to put you on the right track.
wink.gif

From what i have seen NLR makes or gets Turbo Pistons for a 1363 boar kit but i haven't seen turbo pistons for a 1397 which is the popular upgrade i'm sure you can get them in turbo pistons but at what cost? i did the 1363 and am really happy with it so far and i run a 40 shot of nos granted in the next year or so i plan for a turbo upgrade mabey still a mabey to me i did wana do the 1397 granted i was told with the higher compression and doing alotta riding it would wear down faster true or false i guess not sure if with lower compresion it may go alot longer but i have 1363 with 12.5:1 compression granted no big miles yet and no dyno results yet either still waiting for paint to get done Grrrr
mad.gif
but hopeing to see some numbers in a couple weeks

Back