Berkeley Co. Deputies Release Dash Cam Video In Fatal Motorcycle Pursuit

Lesson 1 : Don't run

Lesson 2: Especially on a Harley.

I was thinking the same thing. A high speed chase at speeds up to 85 mph.

Anyone consider maybe had the asshat biker been wearing a helmet instead if a brewers hat he might have lived?

I was a Milwaukee resident for over 20 years and that town sucks even worse than its baseball team.

Too bad for the biker though but if you're going to run, do it on something you can take a corner on faster than 15 mph.

Not true. Prisons in New York State give "indigent" prisoners free college, bring counselors in to run programs like AA and drug programs, they try to encourage prisoners to better themselves by taking courses and learning how to live properly in society and deal with their problems. Prisoners take all these programs, not for the benefits that the programs might provide, other than making them look good at the Parole Board because they spent their time constructively. Then the parole board hits them with two more years anyway because of the political climate, and because they think all inmates can never be rehabilitated and also because they don't give a rats a**. Eventually, what happens is inmates realize that taking programs will NOT help them get released, so they refuse programs and go out in the yard and work with weights and get really big. That's when prison officials realize that they better weld the weights to the bars so the COs in the yard don't get hit over the head. So prisons don't actually warehouse people, they sometimes have a way of making people bigger and meaner and more nastier then they were when they went in. And that is why they call it the Department of Corrections.

It is very frustrating for those who are really trying to do good, staff and inmates alike.
it must be tough to know everything frank. any pain involved?

you guys have never been inside a prison... never seen how daily activities are conducted... a lot of these guys have never been raised... they have no parents or next to no supervison ever.. nobody ever showed them how to act like an adult... in the jail... EVERYONE gets up at 5:45am... STANDING COUNT.. fully dressed... id visible... no talking... next is med call out... after that is CHOW at 7:15... next back to the housing unit for lock in and ANOTHER COUNT... next is gallery rec.... at 8:30 we start doing laundry... 9 am.. for those eligible is work detail... or for some programs (mostly for the drug offenders)... at 10 am... Shake down of 3 cells of my choice... 10:15 hopefully I can start showers... 10:30 is the medication run.... the IDEA HERE is to teach them how to LIVE like a human being... the climate is crap.... u have no idea... but this is as far as I am gonna gonna... the department TRIES to provide structure to a persons life that HAD none... some oif these guys cant read.... I think its pretty sad when u sit behind a keyboard and denigrate an entire system.. does it always work? hell no... and even better because THOSE gjuys need life sentences... and they will be DEALT WITH... I don't care how big u are.... a smash in the mouth can topple the biggest man... espescially if u are TRAINED with ure hands... that is the LAST resort.... but we NEED these places (prisons) to protect U GUYS.... show a little respect... I would never denigrate an entire system.. or a way a person earns a living in a dangerous environment.

Not true. Prisons in New York State give "indigent" prisoners free college, bring counselors in to run programs like AA and drug programs, they try to encourage prisoners to better themselves by taking courses and learning how to live properly in society and deal with their problems. Prisoners take all these programs, not for the benefits that the programs might provide, other than making them look good at the Parole Board because they spent their time constructively. Then the parole board hits them with two more years anyway because of the political climate, and because they think all inmates can never be rehabilitated and also because they don't give a rats a**. Eventually, what happens is inmates realize that taking programs will NOT help them get released, so they refuse programs and go out in the yard and work with weights and get really big. That's when prison officials realize that they better weld the weights to the bars so the COs in the yard don't get hit over the head. So prisons don't actually warehouse people, they sometimes have a way of making people bigger and meaner and more nastier then they were when they went in. And that is why they call it the Department of Corrections.

It is very frustrating for those who are really trying to do good, staff and inmates alike.
is that why these guys are hanging themselves? Ill tell ya what.... the only guys that really get big are the lifers... and those guys are almost NEVER a problem.. they are busy trying to screw the fat nurses.

At midnight, traffic was basically non-existent. I think the safer and more prudent method is to drop the chase and meet him at home. The officer in this case just acerbated the situation. Biker was way way in the wrong, but the officer in this case, i think was too aggressive. Pretty sure i saw a plate on the bike. Easy to be waiting at home for him.
what if its stolen?

you guys have never been inside a prison... never seen how daily activities are conducted... a lot of these guys have never been raised... they have no parents or next to no supervison ever.. nobody ever showed them how to act like an adult... in the jail... EVERYONE gets up at 5:45am... STANDING COUNT.. fully dressed... id visible... no talking... next is med call out... after that is CHOW at 7:15... next back to the housing unit for lock in and ANOTHER COUNT... next is gallery rec.... at 8:30 we start doing laundry... 9 am.. for those eligible is work detail... or for some programs (mostly for the drug offenders)... at 10 am... Shake down of 3 cells of my choice... 10:15 hopefully I can start showers... 10:30 is the medication run.... the IDEA HERE is to teach them how to LIVE like a human being... the climate is crap.... u have no idea... but this is as far as I am gonna gonna... the department TRIES to provide structure to a persons life that HAD none... some oif these guys cant read.... I think its pretty sad when u sit behind a keyboard and denigrate an entire system.. does it always work? hell no... and even better because THOSE gjuys need life sentences... and they will be DEALT WITH... I don't care how big u are.... a smash in the mouth can topple the biggest man... espescially if u are TRAINED with ure hands... that is the LAST resort.... but we NEED these places (prisons) to protect U GUYS.... show a little respect... I would never denigrate an entire system.. or a way a person earns a living in a dangerous environment.

It's way more complicated than people realize. The do gooders are up against not only reality, but a political system trying to get points. You got the rehab people on one side, and the "protect society" people on the other. And you have parole commissioners appointed by the governor, who most times ignore the New York State Rules and Regulations, and instead do the political bidding of the governor. As a resident, it is challenging and grueling to work your way out and become normal. Those who have spent time on the inside know the reality of it.

My viewpoint comes from my time as a paralegal helping indigent prisoners with parole appeals, work release appeals, divorces, etc. I've seen the good and bad. Ali has a tough job, he is "doing time" himself, everyday. He gets to go home, but has to keep coming back to the same stuff. And no matter how nice he wants to be, he has to watch his back every day because he is wearing grey. . .

Lots of good debate.

Ali123 props for doing what you do I’m sure it takes a certain guy to do that everyday. I always tell people you couldn’t pay me 6 figures to do daycare. I assume what you do is a lot the same only difference is some of the people want to kill you.

Wow just rewatched this video and top speeds of 110 he hit this guy going 90mph. It looked slower the first time I watched it. Bumping him at 90mps is signing his death certificate.

thanks guys... its easy to give in to the negativity... Most of these COs with 20 plus years are straight wrecked... but some are not.. I think its when u give in to the negativity and general bad atmosphere that things get bad... convict or CO... I cant worry about the 500 bad apples... just hope a few of these guys learn something about how the world works... try my best to be fair.... and stand my ground... and in my career ive only had 3 uses of force (documented)... one was really bad... attempted riot... but I lived.. learned something and came back the next day.. I don't even fear any violence anymore.. I fear the disease I may get from exposure to blood... its strange.. bizarro world... and I cant enjoy a meal at a restaurant unless I'm sitting in a corner booth... I CANNOT have people walking in back of me... ill leave the restaurant.

It's way more complicated than people realize. The do gooders are up against not only reality, but a political system trying to get points. You got the rehab people on one side, and the "protect society" people on the other. And you have parole commissioners appointed by the governor, who most times ignore the New York State Rules and Regulations, and instead do the political bidding of the governor. As a resident, it is challenging and grueling to work your way out and become normal. Those who have spent time on the inside know the reality of it.

My viewpoint comes from my time as a paralegal helping indigent prisoners with parole appeals, work release appeals, divorces, etc. I've seen the good and bad. Ali has a tough job, he is "doing time" himself, everyday. He gets to go home, but has to keep coming back to the same stuff. And no matter how nice he wants to be, he has to watch his back every day because he is wearing grey. . .
its very very very true about a political black hole... I cant get caught up in that mess though... apointees change all the time... and sometimes they don't have a clue.... but not this commissioner... he is decent :)

and I cant enjoy a meal at a restaurant unless I'm sitting in a corner booth... I CANNOT have people walking in back of me... ill leave the restaurant.

I have heard the same exact thing from more than one inmate that made it back to the real world. They are very uncomfortable in crowds, and always have to sit with their back to the wall. Just how they stood in the prison yard . . .

I have heard the same exact thing from more than one inmate that made it back to the real world. They are very uncomfortable in crowds, and always have to sit with their back to the wall. Just how they stood in the prison yard . . .
at least a few make it out... I wish I could take u guys on a tour of the prison... its quite a sight...

So have any of the members here had a successful (or unsuccessful) police chase they would like to
share ? :race:

Okay, I'll go first. I have had probably over 50 pursuits in the last 30 years and have only been caught once. One time I was headed east on the Long Island Expressway on a black turbo Z1R with wheelie bars, doing a little over 100 mph in the high speed lane when I passed a Highway Patrol car parked on the center median. I looked in my mirrors and saw dirt flying and a patrol car swerving hard onto the highway. So I did what any 20 year old young American boy would do - I ran! Cranked the bike wide open, was doing about 180 mph past cars and splitting a few lanes . . . once I got way out on him, I jumped into an off ramp, ran the red light to make a hard left and stopped in the middle of the overpass to look to my left. I saw that same Highway Patrol car coming, he was at least 3/4 mile away with his lights blazing. I took off, got the bike home and into a garage. The following week one of my customers asked me if I had a black bike, and I asked him why. He told me he worked in the police garage and related a story about a high speed chase a week before. He told me they had put a helicopter down in the eastbound lanes to block all traffic. They never caught the guy. Too bad they didn't know that guy got off the road an exit before the road block . . .:banana:

Okay, I'll go first. I have had probably over 50 pursuits in the last 30 years and have only been caught once. One time I was headed east on the Long Island Expressway on a black turbo Z1R with wheelie bars, doing a little over 100 mph in the high speed lane when I passed a Highway Patrol car parked on the center median. I looked in my mirrors and saw dirt flying and a patrol car swerving hard onto the highway. So I did what any 20 year old young American boy would do - I ran! Cranked the bike wide open, was doing about 180 mph past cars and splitting a few lanes . . . once I got way out on him, I jumped into an off ramp, ran the red light to make a hard left and stopped in the middle of the overpass to look to my left. I saw that same Highway Patrol car coming, he was at least 3/4 mile away with his lights blazing. I took off, got the bike home and into a garage. The following week one of my customers asked me if I had a black bike, and I asked him why. He told me he worked in the police garage and related a story about a high speed chase a week before. He told me they had put a helicopter down in the eastbound lanes to block all traffic. They never caught the guy. Too bad they didn't know that guy got off the road an exit before the road block . . .:banana:
I ran once... and got caught... was in w. spfld Massachusetts.. I was 18 years old on a 1999 Yamaha r6. I was doing about 70 in a 30 and I ran a red light (just turned red) .. I look over in the opposite lanes of traffic, and I saw the lights and heard the siren.. cop blows a U-turn and hes chasing me... I panicked and nailed the throttle... I was way out on him by this time.. I went around a turn and I thought I was outta sight... turned down a sidestreet... went behind a restaurant... then behind a DUMPSTER.... a minute later... I heard the siren closing in and I saw the cruisers headlights... he pulled right in front of the dumpster... felt like the biggest a-hole on earth. he drew his weapon on me, and told me that I better PRAY I own the bike....

Allegedly....out for a ride with some friends. Hop on the highway and 4 bikes start to speed up and break away from the group. Naturally I go to keep up. It's late so there is 0 traffic. We do come up and pass 1 car, and as I pass I see a spotlight on the drivers side and a light bar in the back window. Unmarked car (Impala). I look down and see 130-ish on the dash. I thought for a second what I was gonna do and as I do the other bikes take off faster. So I buried it. With -1/+2 gearing, unrestricted, I had the bike maxed out. Dipped off an exit and waited. Heard then saw an unmarked dodge charger come flying by the underpass full tilt. Waited another min to make sure we were good, and rode calmly into town.
Gas light was on as I had not planned on making a high speed run, and when I finally got to a gas station, put in 4.45 gallons of gas.
Also, apparently the Impala knew he had no chance, so they radioed the charger (2 of them in that county) to come get us. We had a head start and we were doing 180+ so we won the race.

Back