Berkeley Co. Deputies Release Dash Cam Video In Fatal Motorcycle Pursuit

A most agree with Timmy "dont run" no matter how fast you are your never faster than their radio !!

So...How many innocent lives does the numbnut on the Harley have to risk before the "corrupt" officer takes action? He ran many redlights, rode into incoming traffic, failed to yield (there is NO WAY a Harley is going to outrun a cruiser). I don't have a problem with what he did. I think the 'bump' was intentional, but the 'pit' was not.

So...How many innocent lives does the numbnut on the Harley have to risk before the "corrupt" officer takes action? He ran many redlights, rode into incoming traffic, failed to yield (there is NO WAY a Harley is going to outrun a cruiser). I don't have a problem with what he did. I think the 'bump' was intentional, but the 'pit' was not.

At midnight, traffic was basically non-existent. I think the safer and more prudent method is to drop the chase and meet him at home. The officer in this case just acerbated the situation. Biker was way way in the wrong, but the officer in this case, i think was too aggressive. Pretty sure i saw a plate on the bike. Easy to be waiting at home for him.

I don't know. When I see pursuit speeds that exceed 100 MPH and other innocent cars all over the place I'd say call off the chase. The bike rider was a dirtbag, but that last part where the car was stopped and the bike had to slide by it could have turned out a lot worse for the car and the driver inside of it. Not to mention the number of cars that were pulled over along the way. Hit them doing 100 and you have more problems than catching a guy speeding on a bike was worth.

Someone has to do it....

In the article, "with the motorcyclist slamming on the breaks".

Must be those new-fangled super-stoppy thingies.

Spelling, it's not for everyone.

The police need to be policed.
There are plenty of good ones, and that many more bad ones. No different than any other group really.
I have heard from a Va Trooper's own mouth, how he is sick of the ego trip training new guys have been getting for years now.
Too many times have I been in a car on the highway, doing the speedlimit, and a car passes me at about 10mph over the limit.
Then, about a minute later, idiot cop blasts by at 100+mph. Only to see him with the "speeding suspect" pulled over a mile up the road. Yeah, that was totally nessacery.
I'm not cop bashing.
I'm not defending riding or driving like an idiot.
But, what's worse than a speeding bike?
One to a dozen speeding cops chasing after him.
With a visible plate especially, gps, drones, a radio, and other modern tech...there are better ways.
As said, the police need policed.
And, they need to do a better job of it internally. Why? Because all it takes is one person to ruin it for someone else.
Get a couple idiot cops doing these things, and people don't just hate those cops...they hate all cops.

Anyone consider maybe had the asshat biker been wearing a helmet instead if a brewers hat he might have lived? I'm all for the cop ending that situation, what would the headline been had he caused an accident while running one of those many red lights and resulted in killing a family of 4 somehow? Poor biker?? Naw, that dipshit for making reaponsible bike owners hated be the general public!

Last edited by a moderator:
video looked kinda bad. I have never heard of any law enforcement agency that is ok with ramming a bike. Ever.

We have a local state trooper who is known for hitting bikes. Last year, he took out almost ten guys in separate incidents. Apparently, he had a bike run on him once, and he intends on never letting it happen again. Complaints were useless, I think his CO at the barracks patted him on the back. When he hits the lights, if you don't pull over immediately, he crashes his cruiser into the back of the bike and starts writing.
Yes, he is still on the job, yes we know his name, and yes - you better pull over.

We have a local state trooper who is known for hitting bikes. Last year, he took out almost ten guys in separate incidents. Apparently, he had a bike run on him once, and he intends on never letting it happen again. Complaints were useless, I think his CO at the barracks patted him on the back. When he hits the lights, if you don't pull over immediately, he crashes his cruiser into the back of the bike and starts writing.
Yes, he is still on the job, yes we know his name, and yes - you better pull over.

A Va state trooper can legally ram, run over, kill, any motorcycle rider that refuses to stop, as long as they don't have a passenger.

At midnight, traffic was basically non-existent. I think the safer and more prudent method is to drop the chase and meet him at home. The officer in this case just acerbated the situation. Biker was way way in the wrong, but the officer in this case, i think was too aggressive. Pretty sure i saw a plate on the bike. Easy to be waiting at home for him.
u should work for internal affairs..

Back