Motorcyclist Wheelies in on coming traffic while police in pursuit

trev0006

Registered
This is just nuts.

Motorcyclist%20Wheelies%20in%20on%20coming%20traffic%20while%20police%20in%20pursuit%20-%2001.jpg

from the article:
"A group of stunt riders performing extreme freestyle motorcycle stunts and tricks on public street's and highway's get the attention of law enforcement. Police chase a large group of bikers running from the cops. In the end police finally give up because chasing bikes for minor traffic violations is not worth the risk of the public."

pictures, video, and full article

Well I agree that the police should NOT chase under most circumstances.
It puts the bikers life, the public's life and the cops life in jeopardy.

Sooner or later there will be a time and a place to catch them, and they will get whats due them.

hell they were behind him long enough to get a plate number. Just wait outside his residence tell he gets home.

actually I disagree. its the bikers riding like idiots day in day out that put the lives of others at risk with their wheelies and lane splitting at a 100 mph.

pursuing them is wat the police do. who else is gonna stop them if not the police? see bikes have this understanding that cops can't chase them. therefore, they jus take off every time and assume the police will no longer pursue them. wrong!

and many of em are stolen. if someone stole ur bike ud want the police chasing the little azzhole to get ur bike bike I'm sure.

and ppl say "why did the police chase him? they caused him to crash" lmao..... no, he decided to break the law and run from the police and either lost control of his vehicle or smashed into a pole or tree.

chasing someone on a bike rarely puts the public at risk. I've been in countless MC pursuits and never once hav I seen a MC hurt a cager. its always the other way around so the only person who is at risk is the person choosing to break the law and put himself in a predicament to get hurt or injured.

Well I agree that the police should NOT chase under most circumstances.
It puts the bikers life, the public's life and the cops life in jeopardy.

Sooner or later there will be a time and a place to catch them, and they will get whats due them.

the only person who is at risk is the person choosing to break the law and put himself in a predicament to get hurt or injured.

Wrong.

The police have died here chasing people. Can you take a 30mph corner in your police cruiser following a bike that is capable of doing the corner at 60 mph or more?
So if you drive around a corner to fast and slide into a tree and get killed - would that be worth it to you? Did the bike rider get injured? No. So how can you say your above quote?

Don't get me wrong I think they should be caught. But there is a time and place for everything and chasing them is not always the best plan of action.
Some counties even have NO CHASE policies - and for a good reason.

But you live in a different state and I'm sure you will do what ever you think is right regardless of what I say or think. Just be safe out there as it is not worth dying
to catch some low-life, right? Have a good year.

FAR more police have died from going to domestic calls then chasing motorcycles. does that mean the police shud no longer respond to domestic violence calls cause their dangerous? who makes them dangerous? the guy breaking the law and running from the police or the police officer doing his job trying to stop him from running?

see ur mentality is the same mentality that most bikers have. they must have a no pursuit policy so I'm just gonna run from the police cause they can't chase me. I get it. that is the mentality but that no pursuit policy is directed at cars more then bikes cause its cars that hurt other ppl not bikes. sure, bikers can get killed themselves but its really sad that in todays world ppl think the police simply can't chase bikes.

it really sends a poor message and criminals have latched onto that and now often commit robberies and park their bike s couple blocks away and leave their helmet with their bike and go back to it and then leave the scene and think they are free and clear cause ethe particular area they are robbing has no pursuit policy.

or they go to the city (NY) and buy weight (drugs) and transport them back cause if someone tries to stop them they just take off and are very hard to catch. I also know several criminals who only travel by bike cause they have murder or robbery warrants and a bike is the easiest way to get away.

a time and a place for everything? really? and where exactly do you think the stolen MC who is running from the police is gonna get caught if not by the police that day when he is running? where? you think he's gonna decide to turn himself in and report the front desk of the police department with his proper ID and do the right thing. not happening.

Wrong.

The police have died here chasing people. Can you take a 30mph corner in your police cruiser following a bike that is capable of doing the corner at 60 mph or more?
So if you drive around a corner to fast and slide into a tree and get killed - would that be worth it to you? Did the bike rider get injured? No. So how can you say your above quote?

Don't get me wrong I think they should be caught. But there is a time and place for everything and chasing them is not always the best plan of action.
Some counties even have NO CHASE policies - and for a good reason.

But you live in a different state and I'm sure you will do what ever you think is right regardless of what I say or think. Just be safe out there as it is not worth dying
to catch some low-life, right? Have a good year.

Different depts. have different policies. I'm sure that officer discretion plays into the decision as well. Just give all the motor cops Busas like OHP used to have here in Oklahoma. If memory serves, there were only 2 here.

Just give all the motor cops Busas like OHP used to have here in Oklahoma. If memory serves, there were only 2 here.

I think other states have also done the same (the OK Busas below)

2696084_1024.ts1153004823376.jpg

Texas with a Gen 2

220602d1305733543-polica-busa-gen-2-photo.jpg

Back