Two riders down in Tulsa

Very sad news. RIP fallen riders.

May God send his holy spirit to comfort the families and the driver of the Jeep in this tragic time.........

Damn, that's sad.

I'm confused about the "Lost air" statement? :dunno:

i hate to hear stuff like this... +1 to the 'lost air' question... nail? pothole? ...?

People have no respect for "our space"

Don't see how you place any fault or blame on the cagers in this one?

Their tire lost pressure and threw them down. He got hit getting up by a Jeep who could do nothing is what the article says. Very sad..
Was giving his friends wife a ride home. Very sad..

TwoTone describe the Broken Arrow hgwy for me.
Is it major and 80-90mph or a rural road?

Their tire lost pressure and threw them down. He got hit getting up by a Jeep who could do nothing is what the article says. Very sad..

Major 6 lane expressway, new blacktop with a smooth surface. 65 mph speed limit, more like 70 to 75. Its a good road.

Getting a flat on a bike can go real bad. Ask me how I know.

This article again makes me think I should drop a line to Pashnit and get some tire pressure alarm/indicator goodies.

This can happen to any of us.

This is a very sad news, while at the same time being a reminder to everyone to get TPMS for their bikes.

If he had enough time to get up.. after being dazed and confused.. Seems like possibly enough time for the jeep to get evasive. Jeep driver might have been txting or talking on cell phone.

Heart go out to the families with prayer.

I wasn't there, but as an operator of any motor vehicle you are responsible for maintaining control of your vehicle. If a car had a flat and the vehicle behind it struck it that driver would be charged and found at fault. I wasn't there, but I feel like things should have gone differently and the driver of the jeep will probably face a civil action. Very sad that they died.

If he had enough time to get up.. after being dazed and confused.. Seems like possibly enough time for the jeep to get evasive. Jeep driver might have been txting or talking on cell phone.

+1 .....

prayers sent for everyone involved!

on a side note, my TPMS has already saved me twice and i've only had it on for less than a year...thanks Pashnit! :beerchug:

loss of air pressure just sux at speed, and when riding 2 up it may just make things worse i bet....anyways its sad they couldnt get out of the way....rip rider and passenger....

I wasn't there, but as an operator of any motor vehicle you are responsible for maintaining control of your vehicle. If a car had a flat and the vehicle behind it struck it that driver would be charged and found at fault. I wasn't there, but I feel like things should have gone differently and the driver of the jeep will probably face a civil action. Very sad that they died.

How can anyone with out knowing any of the circumstances or variables of what transpired make any statement of fault? I can't understand why these threads always turn in to a blame game based solely on conjecture and zero facts. To top that people even add in their own facts ie: the Jeep driver was using a cell phone.

Even if you were there as a witness you may not see the whole picture. It may not even be true that the tire lost air. Who knows? Certainly no one here.

It would be just as ridiculous to say that it was the Riders fault for having a thread bare tire. Or that the woman was so fat she blew out the tire or that her husband wanted her dead so he requested the ride for her and slit the tire. Maybe he stumbled in front of the truck because he was drunk.

Back