Why do motorcyclists have a bad name???

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
This is from Wisconsin. Stupid stunts like this give all of us a bad name.

Motorcyclist passes deputy, allegedly pops wheelie, gets charged with OWI no. 7

UNION GROVE - What apparently started with a wheelie ended with a seventh drunken driving charge for a Kenosha man.
A Racine County sheriff's deputy on Main Street in Union Grove said he saw a man come out of a bar at 10:48 p.m. Monday and get onto a motorcycle. As the man rode away, the deputy said the motorcycle was weaving.
Once the motorcycle passed the deputy, he said the operator did a wheelie.
The deputy followed.
He made a U-turn and turned on his lights, but the motorcycle did not stop. When the motorcycle turned onto Highway 11, the deputy turned on his siren; the motorcycle took off eastbound.
The deputy said he was going 85 mph, trying to catch up to the motorcycle. After a mile, he terminated the pursuit.
He was still headed east on Highway 11 when he heard another deputy report the motorcycle had crashed in the ditch near the intersection of Highway 11 and 56th Road.
The first deputy went to the scene and saw the motorcycle in the ditch on the north side of the road, and the operator of the motorcycle nearby.
The motorcycle operator smelled of alcohol, the deputy reported, and had glassy eyes. While waiting for a rescue squad, he reportedly said "All I had to do was pull over," and "I freaked out. I got scared."
The operator - identified as 32-year-old Michael Robert Schneider - was taken to the hospital on a backboard. A blood sample was drawn for testing; the results are not yet available.
He is charged with his seventh drunken driving offense and trying to flee an officer for allegedly fleeing from a deputy Monday night. He could face up to 13 1/2 years imprisonment and the loss of his driver's license for up to three years. He has six prior drunken driving convictions from Kenosha and Dane counties going back to 1997.

7th dui. The way our system works he will be out in 6 months. He should not be able to own a bike or car for that matter.

You are correct WAR. You and I both know all to well that Wisconsin has the most leniant(sp) drunk driving laws in the land. Thanks to the Wisconsin Tavern League. Maybe some day that will all change.
In Wisconsin DUI #1 and #2 are NOT criminal charges.

I was out riding yesterday, and going a little fast getting towards my home (actually, 21 over). When I pulled off into my neighborhood, I saw a police car moving pretty quickly in the distance behind me with his lights off, but I knew he was coming for me. I quickly slowed down to the speed limit and rode thru my neighborhood while he caught up (thinking "he's going to write me in front of my house with all my neighbors watching"); When I got to the intersection before my house, i stopped to the side and waited for him to pull up, lift my visor and said "Hi officer"; He said, you were going a little fast out there, I clocked you at 51 (I could have easily been doing 71). I said, yep, that's a little too fast, my house is RIGHT THERE and I'm going home its dusk and in about 3 minutes I won't be able to see. If he was going to write me, i was going to ask if we could go a block away so all my neighbors didn't get to watch :laugh: He just told me to be careful and let me go. I got LUCKY. It doesn't hurt that there are only 3 officers in this hamlet, and the wife of one of them works for me....:thumbsup:

Hollister.

hollister.jpg

From the land of sky blue waters...

Unreal.

Good to see your mug, Firedog.

I think everyone encounters moments of stupidity, it's just that some have them more frequent and extreme than others. :laugh:

What was this guy doing out in public in the first place. With that many previous offenses, he should have already been locked up. Had he not already proven that he was a danger to the public? :rulez:

Our justice system (minus the enforcement officers) is a joke... :banghead:

In other news... It's great to see you posting again, Kevin. I hope all's well with you. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
First off thank you all for the welcome home messages. I missed you all.

Now to the subject at hand. Wisconsin does not prosecute DWI, DUI, OWI's like any other state in the nation. (That I know of). We go very easy on impaired drivers unless you kill someone, then we may add a bloody nose to your punishment.
These are true cases from Wisconsin recently.

#1: A member of the State Congress was just arrested for his 3rd (if I recall may be 4th) DUI,OWI,DWI in the last year. His total punishment so far? Censure in congress and a possible recall election.

#2: An aquaintance of mine popped for his 5th in 3 years. Under 30 years old. Total jail time? Less than a month. Sentence for 5th? 30 days on work release and then 30 days house arrest. 3 days before he was to report to jail he put a bullet in his head. He just could not face doing time on work release.

There are many more, but I feel these are enough. Every time the state starts talk about stiffening the laws our Tavern League jumps in and gets it squashed. Just like when we tried to raise the tax on a barrel of beer from .25 to 2.50. Our beer tax has not changed since the 1950's but our cigarette tax has gone up $3.00 a pack in the last year.
The Tavern League of Wisconsin needs to see what they are doing to our state.
Yes we are a heavy drinking state, but our laws need to change. I am not pro big government but this needs to end.
Sorry for the rant

that is a horrible miscarriage of justice but i thought bikers had a bad name just because so many of us are big, bald, and ugly! :laugh: good to see you back on here :beerchug:

IMG_3693 (Large).jpg

A friend of mine who passed recently had more than a dozen 'deweys' in TN.
Over half resulted in accidents. I think its all about the $ !
He never spent a day in jail and had a licnese till his demise.
Also since 'DUI' technically is not a violent crime it seems to me that if you do the crime and can pay the fine you get no jail time ?

ps..I missed your Avatar....

This guy definitely puts the sport in a bad light. But I think just because he was on a bike does not totally single us out. His 7th DUI could have easily have come in a cage don't you think?

hey, Kev. Good to see you around. Really weird about Wisconsin. My oldest just hooked his first DUI (uh, yeah, we can talk about it later). Intially gonna set him back three large (there goes the AK he was saving up for) and then there's the smudge on his record. He drives for his job and that may become a thing of the past. It seems like the consequences are gonna be the tuition for a school I hope he graduates from. Otherwise...

I WILL IMPOUND HIS AZZ FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE!!!

...ehm, anyways, I hope he's learned a good lesson and like I said good to see you around!

Last edited:
Back