Beaten by a GSXR1K

If you guys are the same weight then he is always going to beat you until a certain MPH. The 1000's are way lighter and then when you have some normal mods on them they still roll out faster than any busa with a pipe on it will until a certain MPH. Seen countless races between busas and GSXR1000....rarely ever does a busa catch them until 100+MPH

Yeah, it seems the litre bikes are just plain out better at accelerating. I'm 170lbs, the other guy is about 150. I had a full tank of gas, he was running on fumes.

And hey, you can't fault us for defending our busa's!

I'm with everyone else on this thread. You can't take a stock Busa and race or roll on a modded liter bike. You have given him huge advantages that no bike can over come without an extra 40hp. To be even close to apples to apples, you would have to do the rollon in the next lower gear to see how you do. That would match his sprocket change at the very least. Then if he stays even with you or barely pulls a little bit, you can see how much money it takes to really go faster/quicker.

Please redo this roll on event as I sugest and post the results. It would be very interesting! :thumbsup:

Was your Busa a Gen I or Gen II? I've got a 07 1K and a GEN II and I think the Busa is faster...

Races are over a certain distance or to top speed, Oh unless you race in the roll race series oh thats right there is no roll race series. Well there is the land roll race no thats the LSR not the LRR. Sorry guys but given the parameters of so called roll racing the results are anecdotal at best.

I was on a group ride today and there was a guy there with a totally done up 2006 GSX-R 1000. He had a Yoshimura 4-2-1 pipe with the Japanese can (the one with two exits on one can), a power-commander and map, and K&N air filter.

He asked if we could do a 6th gear roll on on the highway and I agreed, so out we went. Anyhow, his bike pulled away from me in 6th and 5th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd. We tried starting in 6th from 200km/h roll on, which put me at 6k rpm, and tried in the powerband in each of the other gears, but his done up gix 1k was the faster bike over my stock K8 hayabusa.

watch out for kaws too:laugh:
DSC04338.jpg

I have an 05 GSXR 1000 with a full Akrapovic system, Power comander and -1 front sprocket and theres no way you could take that with a stock busa on role ons... do the same to your bike and then race him, dont forget to flash the ecu to get the top speed as well. and if that doesnt work sell your busa and get a MTT Y2K MTT - Leading Turbine Innovation
:rofl:

Does it really matter if a 1k beats you? I get passed up by 1k's, HD's, 600's and scooters all the time. I don't ride to show off the power of my bike. I ride to enjoy this beautiful beast of a machine. That being said, I let them pass me so I can set up for a fly by... I'm petty like that.
cool.gif

Amen to that :thumbsup:

I have a bunch of friends with 1k's and I can walk them on roll ons (some are very close). Have HPC hook you up with some gearing and mods and try again...take it out of C mode. :laugh: I do believe the 05/06 gixxer does run the best of the group. All these bikes are crazy fast anyways...

Although power to weight is very important, I would have to agree that rider input plays a huge role. I have a buddy with a KTM SuperDuke and my Buell XB9 can roll him pretty much anytime until he really gets up in the revs. Of course, he rides like a wuss, too. I have another buddy with an 07 K1 and have to admit that it has BALLZ!!! I can't compare it to my 01 Busa until I get back from deployment and ride her for the first time but if she is anything like the K1 then I am sure that the helmet is going to have a hard time containing the ear-to-ear perma-grin. March can't come soon enough!!!:thumbsup:

Even though this thread is very old, it's a gearing/rider issue. The 1k is regeared and the BUSA is 100% stock. In order for you to get the same drive he has in 6th, you would probably have to roll on in 4th. Not to mention the weight advantage for him and the additional mods. Sounds to me like he knew where his bike would dominate and played ALL the right cards for the race... :laugh:

Better luck next time on the street scene.... :beerchug:

Even though this thread is very old, it's a gearing/rider issue. The 1k is regeared and the BUSA is 100% stock. In order for you to get the same drive he has in 6th, you would probably have to roll on in 4th. Not to mention the weight advantage for him and the additional mods. Sounds to me like he knew where his bike would dominate and played ALL the right cards for the race... :laugh:

Better luck next time on the street scene.... :beerchug:

Like he said :thumbsup:

Tell him you wanna start from 160. If he's geared down, he wont go anywhere cause he'll be topped out already.:rofl:

Does it really matter if a 1k beats you? I get passed up by 1k's, HD's, 600's and scooters all the time. I don't ride to show off the power of my bike. I ride to enjoy this beautiful beast of a machine. That being said, I let them pass me so I can set up for a fly by... I'm petty like that.
cool.gif

Lol...I hear ya!

Fact is both bikes are better than just about any rider out there, so who cares?

Back