Beaten by a GSXR1K

It was all in fun, I was a little dissapointed yes, but they're both incredible machines and its hard not to enjoy going fast. I found the gixxer could pull away from me until about 150 mph (250 km/h), at which point I started gaining, and by 180+ I was overtaking him.. although I could barely hang on! We also had a severe cross-wind that was pushing us around.. I was leaning off the left side of the bike at 180mph just to keep the thing straight.. pretty freaky thats for sure.

So now I think its time to do some performance stuff.. maybe a brocks exhaust for some power?

Yeah it happens. Just wait until a newer model of the 1k comes out, good luck without a turbo or some engine mods. Most of those liter bikes are putting out as much Horsepower as the Gen I busa did.

I got passed by a BMX it didnt seem to have many mods on it.

The girl riding it though did have a red face and seemed to be out of breath
laugh.gif

You can see the contender in this picture, from our group ride. His evil gixxer standing inconspicuously to the left of my hayabusa..

BT050801002s.jpg

I own both a older Busa and 04 1k..Ill tell ya My 1k pulled hard on any busa Ive come across.my buddies with intake cams lots of gear,pipes pcs ect ect!!..actually like hunting for them when Im out on it!!LOL...
cool.gif

like said hard to be power to weight ratio..the newer 1ks have 165hp or more stock!!!!!!!

not bashing a Busa as I once thought"that 1k isnt going to pull Me"..boy I was suprised when my buddie did also!!!!!
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

I was on a group ride today and there was a guy there with a totally done up 2006 GSX-R 1000. He had a Yoshimura 4-2-1 pipe with the Japanese can (the one with two exits on one can), a power-commander and map, and K&N air filter.

He asked if we could do a 6th gear roll on on the highway and I agreed, so out we went. Anyhow, his bike pulled away from me in 6th and 5th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd. We tried starting in 6th from 200km/h roll on, which put me at 6k rpm, and tried in the powerband in each of the other gears, but his done up gix 1k was the faster bike over my stock K8 hayabusa.
I know the liters give first gen busa's all they can handle...but they're spanking the 08's too!!!......man oh man. Guess its time to bow down to the new Kings of Acceleration
bowdown.gif

I was on a group ride today and there was a guy there with a totally done up 2006 GSX-R 1000. He had a Yoshimura 4-2-1 pipe with the Japanese can (the one with two exits on one can), a power-commander and map, and K&N air filter.

He asked if we could do a 6th gear roll on on the highway and I agreed, so out we went. Anyhow, his bike pulled away from me in 6th and 5th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd. We tried starting in 6th from 200km/h roll on, which put me at 6k rpm, and tried in the powerband in each of the other gears, but his done up gix 1k was the faster bike over my stock K8 hayabusa.
How much do you weigh compared to him? Equipment, leathers..all that.
even 50-60 lbs can make a HUGE difference

you need to be in the 8K+ peak power @9500rpms to roll the busa out, 6K is to low and not where the busa needs to be for roll ons. so next time out, any gear roll ons be above 8000 rpms , trust me different story, 6 k to low to leave at any gear for a busa
thumb_up.gif
Busas have taller gearing as well get the beast up there near the peak power, different story
lurk.gif

Another factor is gears.You cant compare a 6th of a busa with a 6th of a gixxer.6th of a gixxer is round 4.5th of a busa.The same with lower gears too.Well, try the same with one gear less at least.I think power will beat weight.Busa has higher ratio gears

Yeah but thats even harder.the only kinda fair way i see it is to be in the same gear when tryin a rollon..We do 2nd gear and have tried others with the same results..

but understand what you saying about the ratios also..bike weight difference is the key!!..Me and My buddie are about the same body weight..

My other buddie has a 08 and he know how to tuck,twist and hit his shift points..when the weather gets nice were going to try my old 1k and My 1397 busa..
guns.gif

I had an 03 k1 that was big bored and nitrous. it only made 170 peak power but it pulled like a freight train all through the rpm range on the motor/no nitrous. my girl got stolen last july in tulsa, ok. but replaced it with an 08 busa..... just two weeks ago on my buddies 07 k1 i installed a thin head gasket, degreeable cam sprockets and degree'ed cams, and had tuned. it pulled 172 after tuning with a shinko tire, the tuner said that the shinko is so sticky on the dyno that it actually fights against itself and the bike would pull about 180 or so with a different tire. anyways my point is that with a bike that makes this much power with about 100 pounds less than busa it should not be blown off. the gixxers are fast as hell especially with an extended wheel base. but, a modded busa has more potential than the small engine gixxer. there is no replacement for displacement!

I had an 03 k1 that was big bored and nitrous. it only made 170 peak power but it pulled like a freight train all through the rpm range on the motor/no nitrous. my girl got stolen last july in tulsa, ok. but replaced it with an 08 busa..... just two weeks ago on my buddies 07 k1 i installed a thin head gasket, degreeable cam sprockets and degree'ed cams, and had tuned. it pulled 172 after tuning with a shinko tire, the tuner said that the shinko is so sticky on the dyno that it actually fights against itself and the bike would pull about 180 or so with a different tire. anyways my point is that with a bike that makes this much power with about 100 pounds less than busa it should not be blown off. the gixxers are fast as hell especially with an extended wheel base. but, a modded busa has more potential than the small engine gixxer. there is no replacement for displacement!

If you want to see a bunch of grown men whine and cry like a group of little school boys, just post up a thread like this that will challenge their beloved busa. They whimper and whine about gearing, weight, torque, etc. etc. with every excuse known to mankind. Some even suggest cheating by using a lower gear for roll ons in order to be the "Winner". Insteasd, they become the "Whiner"
please.gif
Could this be the reason so many busa owners spend enormous amounts of cash to stretch, lower, turbo, nitrous, PC, pipe (Just to name a few) their prize, in order to maintain the king of speed?
whistling.gif

I ride the K8 Busa, I have rode a 06 GSXR1000 and a 06 CBR1000RR. Yes the Busa has more top end power without a doubt, But the 1000CC Supersport bikes cannot be taken lightly, they are capable especially with a more experienced rider at winning. If the rode you are playing on is more twisty than straight the 1000cc supersports do handle just a little better than the Busas. If it is a long straight rode and you stay in the throttle without a doubt the Busa is the better bike. IMO (rider experience being equal) ever which rider has the better day will probably walk away the winner.

Just look at Prostar  Super Street..  Johnny Turbos suki 1000 is killing all the turbo Busas and zx14s in that class  ... Look at the Super sport class ... Stock wheel base Kawi and zooks 1000s running against stock wheel base Busas and zx14s this year..The 1000s own the class running in to the 8.90s  where as the busas and zx14s are 2 to 3 tenths slower ..Point is there is allways someone faster ...

Yeah, it seems the litre bikes are just plain out better at accelerating. I'm 170lbs, the other guy is about 150. I had a full tank of gas, he was running on fumes.

And hey, you can't fault us for defending our busa's!

Back