Beaten by a GSXR1K

Yea but a GSXR1K is made for midgets
laugh.gif

GSXR1000_01400.jpg

Yeah, it seems the litre bikes are just plain out better at accelerating. I'm 170lbs, the other guy is about 150. I had a full tank of gas, he was running on fumes.

And hey, you can't fault us for defending our busa's!
there are alot of factors involved so you really can't say who is faster.
i say if everything matched, same exact rider with top skill, same weight rider, no modification, the 08 busa will be right on with gixer1000 or maybe slight edge to busa on roll on.
more horse and torque, advantage to busa, 100 pound heavier disadvantage to busa.

Yeah, it seems the litre bikes are just plain out better at accelerating. I'm 170lbs, the other guy is about 150. I had a full tank of gas, he was running on fumes.

And hey, you can't fault us for defending our busa's!
I don't blame you for defending your Busa or any other bike you own ...Hell we all do it...These days the bikes are so close in power that i comes down to the rider anyway ...

My 02 will pull the busa in 6th gear....its in the power band!!! Where the busa is out of its element for stomp'n A$$!! Yes, the new 1k's are strong runners....I even think thay are better built then the busa. But I love my fat girl.....she has been good to me!!! She even let me get know her better at the dragon!!! Tried to throw me off a couple of times, but I had to talk nicely to her!!! Now the 02 1k is the naughty girl!!!!! Lets me get into deeper trouble in the corners, and she is a sprinter, got to watch out for her!!! She had me up and out of the seat a ew times!!!HIGH SIDE and lucky saves!!!!

My 02 will pull the busa in 6th gear....its in the power band!!! Where the busa is out of its element for stomp'n A$$!! Yes, the new 1k's are strong runners....I even think thay are better built then the busa. But I love my fat girl.....she has been good to me!!! She even let me get know her better at the dragon!!! Tried to throw me off a couple of times, but I had to talk nicely to her!!! Now the 02 1k is the naughty girl!!!!! Lets me get into deeper trouble in the corners, and she is a sprinter, got to watch out for her!!! She had me up and out of the seat a ew times!!!HIGH SIDE and lucky saves!!!!
This thread is answering some of my questions
thumb_up.gif
I just bought an 03 copper busa. Its all stock with 6000 miles on it, and it came from the orignal owner who took extremely good care of it. But it just doesn't seem to run as strong as I expected. I thought maybe it had some kind of problem, but it runs perfect, it just seems a little down on power and doesn't seem to wind up that quick. But I'm coming off an 02 gsxr1000 that had yoshi cams, a pcIII, yoshi full exhaust and a tre. I thought the busa would have more power and better acceleration than my 1000, but maybe I'm just expecting too much?

Your 4th is like his 6th with him being one down in the front. The roll ons should have been your 4 to his 6. Thats not exactly right but closer than 6th to 6th.

I love my Busa don't get me wrong just got home today from a two day group ride and the busa did it all but I also have a gixxer 1000 and believe me its a scalpel compared to my busa its definitely quicker than my 04 busa that 1000 is just a monster
firedevil.gif

08_busa_6__2_.jpg

having a Busa and a 1000.......................PRICELESS!!!!

Both great bikes and made by Suzuki!!...We win either way if You ask Me!!!

Does it really matter if a 1k beats you? I get passed up by 1k's, HD's, 600's and scooters all the time. I don't ride to show off the power of my bike. I ride to enjoy this beautiful beast of a machine. That being said, I let them pass me so I can set up for a fly by... I'm petty like that.
cool.gif
I agree 100%..then they can kiss my
kissass.gif

not for nothing but i pissed off busa/gixxer owners all the time before i turbo'd the 10r. i had a slip on akra, flies pulled,bmc race filter, -1/+2 520, no custom map but it dyno'd 160hp and might weigh 400lbs with out me. the first gen 10r's were the lightest and smallest in thier class and im not sure if any other liter bike has dipped bellow its stock weight since? your bikes weigh over 100lbs than my bike, that power:weight will kill ya everytime

Last edited:
Another thread brought back to life...
I read the whole thing, and don't know why a bone stock Busa that's 100lbs heavier expected to beat a modded Gixxer1k from a 6th gear roll on of all things, LoL.
It's close stock vs. stock...
If the guy who started this reads this... I HOPE YOU MODDED THAT BUSA ALREADY!!!

Does it really matter if a 1k beats you? I get passed up by 1k's, HD's, 600's and scooters all the time. I don't ride to show off the power of my bike. I ride to enjoy this beautiful beast of a machine. That being said, I let them pass me so I can set up for a fly by... I'm petty like that.
cool.gif

Beautifully said mate. I agree 100% :thumbsup:

Gixxer 1000 k9 with full system Akrapovic, while I got Micron slip-ons on my k9 busa... We are both same weight. I take him out every time + I dont even switch on my de-restrictor... But when I do... I be GONE!

Your buddy definitely got some other mods on there bro... But I gotta say them gixxers are fast! but the busa is just faster PERIOD!

Back