Beaten by a GSXR1K

HooDude

Registered
I was on a group ride today and there was a guy there with a totally done up 2006 GSX-R 1000. He had a Yoshimura 4-2-1 pipe with the Japanese can (the one with two exits on one can), a power-commander and map, and K&N air filter.

He asked if we could do a 6th gear roll on on the highway and I agreed, so out we went. Anyhow, his bike pulled away from me in 6th and 5th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd. We tried starting in 6th from 200km/h roll on, which put me at 6k rpm, and tried in the powerband in each of the other gears, but his done up gix 1k was the faster bike over my stock K8 hayabusa.

guess its time for you to do some mods then and show his ass next time..

Does it really matter if a 1k beats you? I get passed up by 1k's, HD's, 600's and scooters all the time. I don't ride to show off the power of my bike. I ride to enjoy this beautiful beast of a machine. That being said, I let them pass me so I can set up for a fly by... I'm petty like that.
cool.gif

Power to weight gets me every time.Riders being equal in skill.Hard to match the rate of acceleration of a liter when you give up a 100 plus pounds,and you weight differance,and you are stock....Good Luck Next Time

well im getting an 08 busa and im trading an 07 1000 gsxr in on it. the gsxr is no joke dont fool your self thinking it isnt anyone.. if you havent rode that bike tnen you dont really inderstand how quick it is!!

Does it really matter if a 1k beats you? I get passed up by 1k's, HD's, 600's and scooters all the time. I don't ride to show off the power of my bike. I ride to enjoy this beautiful beast of a machine. That being said, I let them pass me so I can set up for a fly by... I'm petty like that.  
cool.gif
lol yeah to me it matters when someone passes me!!! i dont do fly bys because that is for ricers that know they cant beat you so they do the famous flyby.. i would ride a small cc bike if i didnt care if someone blew by me, that is jmo
tounge.gif

gsxr1000 are quick, 100 pounds lighter and it all comes to rider or you get beat.
did you check any more modifications? seems like you lost it in all gears,maybe different sprockets?

I notice you did all roll ons, if you see him again, hit him up to go from a dead stop. While he's just trying to keep from looping it, your gone.
super.gif

did you expect to beat him in roll-ons?
rock.gif
nose to nose taking off...any liter bike will beat you being that much lighter.... better not try that with a R1, 1000RR, or zx10 either.

Them liter bikes will get ya if ur not careful just be safe out there 200kmh roll on is kind out of everyones power band wind is a *****

Lol well I think he said he was -1 tooth in the front too. He was redlined out at 286 km/h so in the end I was creeping up on him. When we started out from a stop yeah, I definately took him through the first 4 gears, but then he came waltzing by in 5th and 6th.

Time for a turbo I guess! rofl

The gixxer1K is no slouch but I'm surprised he could out pull you in any gear roll ons? Real Surprised!

well im getting an 08 busa and im trading an 07 1000 gsxr in on it. the gsxr is no joke dont fool your self thinking it isnt anyone.. if you havent rode that bike tnen you dont really inderstand how quick it is!!
I had the same experience as you, except I went the other way, from an 05 busa to a 07 GSX-R1000. I still frequent this site because it's the best "family" oriented motorcycle site out there and everyone seems really friendly. And not to mention, I fully intend getting an 09 busa in the winter, or whenever they're released. But anyway, they softened the mid range a bit on the 07/08 gixxer, but man oh live, top end pull rivals anything out there, IMHO. I'm sure an 08 busa would eventually reel me in up top, but how often are we into +160MPH speeds??

It doesn't matter what cc bike it is, once you see mods.....ALL bets are off...
laugh.gif

I've seen 600's walk away from BUSA's, and stock looking Mustangs walk away from BUSA's....next time you need something up your own sleeve...
winkold.gif

i have a 1k also and it is fast as heck but my busa is fast and comfy..both badazz bikes. ps: get some juice and go find him!!
guns.gif

Back