Be a seeker...not a hater...

One more for you 'bowing'
Saudi-King-Abdullah-bin-A-001.jpg

And another 'cheek touch' as they just got off plane
bushsaudiking.jpg

Last edited:
Don't hear anyone complaining about Obama bowing to the Japanese prime minister do you ?
Obama+bowing.jpg

Konichiwa

Ghillie how bout when he bowed to Chinese prime minister ?
Didn't hear you or anyone complain about that either ?
obama-bows-chinese-premier.jpg

Che-Chen-ni

Pic of Jr bowing to Chinese wearing their clothes
china_apec_bush.jpg

Simple respect for other folks cultures is all they are .
Don't make it out to be anymore .

Does it bother you when a president bows before the pope or only when it's done in front of a Muslim?
bush_bow.jpg

Like title of thread says
"Be a seeker not a hater"
:please:

Blanca,

Sorry dude, you have support your allegations with evidence or it is as shallow and nonsensical as Obummer. I could see the likes of Jimmy Carter bowing to a head of state of some sort. But certainly not any of our past leaders that had a backbone.

None of those were bows only head nods by GWB. And one is a lean forward in prep for having something put around his neck. Is that all ya got!??

There's acknowledgement for customs and there is submission.

Last edited:
One more for you 'bowing'
Saudi-King-Abdullah-bin-A-001.jpg

That's an unfair assessment. He's receiving some sort of medal in this photo.

And you have to understand that when heads of state meet, there are certain cultural traditions that one engages in to keep things repectful. Holding hands is a Saudi custom when two men walk together. But none of the photos I have seen show Bush bowing to a head of state. I have a slightly different opinion of his bowing to the Pope, and even though I don't agre with it, Bush likely feels that the Pope is closer to God, and therefore worthy of his respect. But that's just an opinion.

I guess its just not acceptable for anyone to respect anyone else unless theyre given a reason to respect them huh?

Gotta earn respect to get it, is that it? And we wonder why kids these days are pieces of ****.

Respect is earned in my opinion. Manners are a matter of self-respect. I always put on my manners when dealing with others because it's a reflection on me. I grant respect to others when they have earned it. Heads of state have earned respect by almost all standards simply due to their position in their government. But there is a big difference between respect and subservience. Bowing is a sign of subservience in my humble opinion.

Respect is earned in my opinion. Manners are a matter of self-respect. I always put on my manners when dealing with others because it's a reflection on me. I grant respect to others when they have earned it. Heads of state have earned respect by almost all standards simply due to their position in their government. But there is a big difference between respect and subservience. Bowing is a sign of subservience in my humble opinion.

So you dont respect people you just meet and then determine if they do not deserve it? They have to do something to be respected?

Sounds to me like its the same reason kids just talk **** to anyone and everyone. They dont know them so they didnt earn their respect. Garbage.

Ghillie I could post pics of every president going all the way back to George Washington bowing and it wouldn't open your closed mind so just drop it.
I forgot I'm wasting my time with you .
It's tradition and custom to give a 'bow' or head nod or whatever you wanna call it to the King of Saudia Arabia and any president that's been there has done it .
And like I said I haven't heard you or anyone complain one time when Obama bowed to the Japanese or Chinese.
It's clearly obvious it only bothers you when done to a Muslim leader .
Have a nice day

So you dont respect people you just meet and then determine if they do not deserve it? They have to do something to be respected?

Sounds to me like its the same reason kids just talk **** to anyone and everyone. They dont know them so they didnt earn their respect. Garbage.

You're confusing respect for manners. Respect is earned. How can you respect someone that you don't know? Manners are expressed outwardly, respect is internalized. The whole "respect your elders" mantra is B.S. We need to have manners, but respect isn't some inherent right. People confuse these two things far too often.

You're confusing respect for manners. Respect is earned. How can you respect someone that you don't know? Manners are expressed outwardly, respect is internalized. The whole "respect your elders" mantra is B.S. We need to have manners, but respect isn't some inherent right. People confuse these two things far too often.

I am curious at that point how one would GIVE respect vs GIVING manners

Manners are an outward display; opening doors, please and thank you, etc. This is what kids lack today and this is what you witness when you say that kids have no respect. You're looking for manners, not respect. Respect is internalized and does not have any visible traits. Respect is more of a feeling of admiration or appreciation for the subject.

I display manners at all time (at least I try.) As far as anyone is concerned, they would have no way of knowing if I respect them unless I told them so.

Ghillie I could post pics of every president going all the way back to George Washington bowing and it wouldn't open your closed mind so just drop it.
I forgot I'm wasting my time with you .
It's tradition and custom to give a 'bow' or head nod or whatever you wanna call it to the King of Saudia Arabia and any president that's been there has done it .
And like I said I haven't heard you or anyone complain one time when Obama bowed to the Japanese or Chinese.
It's clearly obvious it only bothers you when done to a Muslim leader .
Have a nice day

Blanca,

You failed to provide one example so far. If you provide one I will give you some credit for your overblown claim. But until you do I'll call you out on your BS statement. So don't get all pissed at me because you can't back up your claim.

As for the Chinese or Japanese bow, I personally didn't like that anymore than the one to the Saudi King. It's all bull****. Showing some respect is one thing, going to the extreme of Obummer is weak and unbecomming of a leader from the greatest country in the world.

I get angry every time he bows to a head of state, no matter who it is. Obama should be bowing to his constituents, not foreign leaders.

It is just that I have never heard anyone here or anywhere complain when he bowed to Chinese or Japanese but all wanna to crucify him for doing it to a Muslim leader ?
Say it bothers you now but nobody complained when he did it , nobody .
Sure Obama seems to have perfected it and goes alot 'deeper/farther' than others but he's not the only one to have done it .

VB you know as well as I do the press and world did not see it or take it same way when he bowed to the Chinese or Japanese.
But omg he bowed to Saudi King and they harped on it for weeks .

let me ask one thing....are we so self inflated in our egos we cannot tollerate culture or have ourselves in a pretence of submission...usa#1 and everyone else can kiss our behinds...come on ...we shake hands...that is our greeting...they bow...that is thier greeting...how egotistical must you be to refuse to respect others culture and think your way of doing things is the ONLY WAY. ???

Back