I am not racist but this is bull

and the one thing that no one every points blame at is the american people themselves. We as a whole are as much to blame for the current financial situation as anyone. Alot of which comes down to living on money you borrow that you cant pay back and buying more house than you can afford.

So what some people voted for him because he is black, I would bet there is an equal number who didn't vote for him because he is black.

As far as the givers and takers (tax payers/no taxpayers) go, what was that number 4 years ago? 8 years ago? 12 years ago? If you look at the trend, that number went up with unemployment. Don't act like this is something new under Obama, or it is his fault. Don't forget the mess he stepped into. I kow mwny of you would be happier, but surely you don't believe things would be better if the other side had won in 2008. If you didn't like it before 2008, why would you vote for McPalin who would have continued us down the same path of destruction as the previous administration?

Since the topic is "I am not a racist but ......",

I am not a racist and I know every president has had his critics, but the treatment this president is shown in his own country is down right disrespectful. I wonder if it were not for the color of his skin, would he be treated the same?

That is a strategic mistake, it may cost him the election.:banghead: Sad that he has stooped to the level of the race card. He has remained above the fray this far, at least publicly, even when things got ugly. Guess that's over....

So what some people voted for him because he is black, I would bet there is an equal number who didn't vote for him because he is black.

As far as the givers and takers (tax payers/no taxpayers) go, what was that number 4 years ago? 8 years ago? 12 years ago? If you look at the trend, that number went up with unemployment. Don't act like this is something new under Obama, or it is his fault. Don't forget the mess he stepped into. I kow mwny of you would be happier, but surely you don't believe things would be better if the other side had won in 2008. If you didn't like it before 2008, why would you vote for McPalin who would have continued us down the same path of destruction as the previous administration?

Since the topic is "I am not a racist but ......",

I am not a racist and I know every president has had his critics, but the treatment this president is shown in his own country is down right disrespectful. I wonder if it were not for the color of his skin, would he be treated the same?

I think GWB was treated with a lot of disrespect too, so I'm not so sure it's about 'color' as much as it is the "internet effect". Now that everyone with access to a computer can say all kinds of hateful stuff yet hide behind their keyboard with impunity, it's made things much 'nastier'. It's gotten much worse with the advent of the internet (remember "BI" - Before Internet)? And it's carried over into our daily discourse. I mean, look at some of the actions of Code Red, the "Glittering" and Westboro Baptists. It's like reasonable discourse has been shunned instead for "who can make politics look like an episode of the Jerry Springer show"?

The deterioration of tax PAYERS vs. tax RECIPIENTS has been going on for decades, started mostly by Rooselvelt and the New Deal programs coming out of the depression. It's a lot like a small business; in the growth mode, there is a lot of money and a lot going on - then as a business hit's it's maturity and then decline, all of the things you used to get away with no longer work. This recession (and you have NO IDEA on how thin ice we are turning this into a REAL Depression that would make 1929-35 look mild) has brought all the things that we have been putting off facing for years into the forefront. OUR GENERATION needs to FIX THIS so our KIDS don't have to, or get to a point they can't get out of it.

An improvement in the overall ecomomy will help some, but it will still only put off the inevitable if we dont' FIX IT NOW. And NOW, when people are despareate, is when there may be enough politicial will to do something. We cannot contine to spend and borrow more than we take in. I truly fear for my daughter's future, and that is why I am very passionate about it.

I know I am going to need to pay some more in taxes. But I wonder if those receiving them understand they also must be ready to receive less?

I think GWB was treated with a lot of disrespect too, so I'm not so sure it's about 'color' as much as it is the "internet effect". Now that everyone with access to a computer can say all kinds of hateful stuff yet hide behind their keyboard with impunity, it's made things much 'nastier'. It's gotten much worse with the advent of the internet (remember "BI" - Before Internet)? And it's carried over into our daily discourse. I mean, look at some of the actions of Code Red, the "Glittering" and Westboro Baptists. It's like reasonable discourse has been shunned instead for "who can make politics look like an episode of the Jerry Springer show"?

The deterioration of tax PAYERS vs. tax RECIPIENTS has been going on for decades, started mostly by Rooselvelt and the New Deal programs coming out of the depression. It's a lot like a small business; in the growth mode, there is a lot of money and a lot going on - then as a business hit's it's maturity and then decline, all of the things you used to get away with no longer work. This recession (and you have NO IDEA on how thin ice we are turning this into a REAL Depression that would make 1929-35 look mild) has brought all the things that we have been putting off facing for years into the forefront. OUR GENERATION needs to FIX THIS so our KIDS don't have to, or get to a point they can't get out of it.

An improvement in the overall ecomomy will help some, but it will still only put off the inevitable if we dont' FIX IT NOW. And NOW, when people are despareate, is when there may be enough politicial will to do something. We cannot contine to spend and borrow more than we take in. I truly fear for my daughter's future, and that is why I am very passionate about it.

I know I am going to need to pay some more in taxes. But I wonder if those receiving them understand they also must be ready to receive less?

it is refreshing to see someone who actually knows that is what they are talking about (or so it seems so far). there is so much that goes into an economy its not even funny. This particular recession is nothing more than the purging of alot of bad ideas and financial decisions going wrong at the same time, of which the american people are a part.

Yup the Bush haterism was worse IMO. The media was there in lock step to help the bashing. If Hillary would have been president and the masses voiced out their critisism on policy, the ginned up excuse would be its because she is a woman. Always some excuse and mass deception and sadly it works with many people who are not going to check the facts. Alinsky tactics in full effect.

And check out what has been said about Allen West, Herman Cain, Clarence Thomas...if not out loud what do they really say in their circles.

Before Obama, who was the last President to be interupted during a speach to Congress? Who was the last President to have a finger pointed in his face by the head of a state? Who was the last president to have half of a bi-partisan committee disapear when he went to address them?

Getting roasted by the other side has always been a part of the game but some of this stuff has gone too far.

In my opinion, anyone who didn't get upset over the shoe incident with Pres. Bush is not a true American. A true american doesn't have to love the man, but you have to respect the office.

Obama Announces the 2012 Launch of African Americans for Obama - YouTube[/url]

If you are black you should vote for me ?! REALLY ?? What would hapen if Ron paul or Romney started saying the opposite?! His family never overcame slavery or any other issues the the American blacks did ! For one , HE IS HALF WHITE ! Two , He grew up in Hawaii , not the getto. Sorry if this offends anyone ! Its not my intent and I don't believe that he is the worse choice for President . It just sounds like he's saying that if you are a proud of your black heritage then you should vote for him . If you are black, white, or any other ethicity you should vote for whom ever is the better canidate NO MATTER WHAT COLOR OR SEX!! that is the end of my rant.

Hi, the link that you posted is one of 10 groups I believe, along with AA for Obama they also have Jewish Americans for Obama, Military Families for Obama, Latinos for Obama etc... note sure why this one is the focus. I think the message was more so be proud of the accomplishments to society and also be apart of this campaign.

I'm Not sure why this would ruffle any feathers seeing that this is the one month out of the year that has been given the title "Black History month", it focuses on the contributions of African Americans to this great nation that historically are not acknowledged or taught in class rooms across the country as part of American History. In my opinion it seems like the perfect time to roll out information about this particular group, after all, it is election time and every candidate for office has or has had a "fill in the blank" for "person" group. Quick question, do you know about the National Black Republican Association?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back