Be a seeker...not a hater...

let me ask one thing....are we so self inflated in our egos we cannot tollerate culture or have ourselves in a pretence of submission...usa#1 and everyone else can kiss our behinds...come on ...we shake hands...that is our greeting...they bow...that is thier greeting...how egotistical must you be to refuse to respect others culture and think your way of doing things is the ONLY WAY. ???

Quite simply....YES..we are !

Wow, got up this morning and read through my thread.."flame off" guys...My point once again is that there is so much poisonous media attacks on the prez these days...do u not see...do u not understand that there are clever political agendas tooling with u?
I think everyone on here loves America and would fight to the death for our way of life and our loved ones well being...So, is it not plausible for those who haven't had the privelage of travelling overseas to see foreign cultures that they are just like you and me...human beings...flesh +blood...families..children..wives...problems at work...worries about how to get their kids raised and situated in life...
U and I are not heads of state. We are not experts on protocols at world meetings...If the president bows it is because he was tutored by the State Department...Do you think that a junior senator from Illinois has a clue what the proper protocol for meeting even someone cool like the Dali Lama would be?
Now if you want to complain about why Obama went to Saudi before he went to Israel...u got a good bone to pick..or why Geitner was selected who is so far out in left field it isn't funny...or why we bailed out the jerks who created the dirty buffonory of shorting the mortgage industry and still selling packets of trust deeds to other clients...those are things I can criticize the president on...
Saiid's pics did show our presidents performing "respectfull" rituals to other heads of state...China is now the second richest country in the world...China owns more of our national debt notes in the form of US Treasury Bonds than anyone by at least 10 fold...To my brethren on here ...maybe u can understand it this way...if u are trying to sell your sorry arse bike to a potential buyer...are u going to greet him with a punch in the face...or a smile and a handshake?
What if u were in Hong Kong on liberty and wanted to buy your woman a beautiful jade braclet...all the stuff u saw didn't excite u. U ask to see the really good stuff...the clerk disappears for a minute and comes out with an ancient Chinese man who carries a small box...he wiggles his finger for u to follow him to a small room. u sit down and he just sits there looking at u...in a moment tea service arrives...are u going to respect this man's traditions to get what u want...or are u going to be a dumb azz and show how mighty an American can be and show no one obsequious behavior. Heads of state are there to discuss what they want from one another...trade, currency evaluations, national security, military things...and on and on...why would a president want to immediately offend his host with not following the proper protocols for greeting?
So, long winded..but we have some young grasshoppers here...and we have been there...just saying...keep your ears open..and try to understand the agendas that are being played out right now for the November elections..Obama...like him or hate him...at least try to understand and judge him by the truth and not some assassins filthy lies...and some of this stuff coming out lately is just over the top filth...makes me sick to my stomach type of stuff..You all are good men...try not to be so reactive to so much crap flying around the airways..discernment is something that constantly must be refined as we grow older in this life...sometimes it is better not to take a bull by the horns...sometimes it is just better to run like hell...this man absolutely used his discernment and chose the correct option at this juncture...if his discernment had been sharper he would've dove:laugh:

bull chasing man into water.jpg

thanks to the overload of media, there is no more real truth anymore. the ONLY truth in your life is the people you know personally, and have connections with on a daily basis: family, kids, friends. nothing else matters but the glut of media in our face, all the time makes certain you don't learn about that truth. "News" isn't.

let me ask one thing....are we so self inflated in our egos we cannot tollerate culture or have ourselves in a pretence of submission...usa#1 and everyone else can kiss our behinds...come on ...we shake hands...that is our greeting...they bow...that is thier greeting...how egotistical must you be to refuse to respect others culture and think your way of doing things is the ONLY WAY. ???

Chris,

It's not one bow that's the problem. It's everything about Obummer. He talks about this country like he is ashamed of it. He makes comments about this country and our allies that's a disgrace. The guy is a moron.

FWIW, there are different things conveyed when I bow to the Saudi king and when our Prez does so.

Back