Back on a GSXR.

Drake614

Registered
Just picked up a new to me 03 Hayabusa. Too good a deal to pass up from a friend of a friend who just lost his license and needs to pay thousands in fines. He owned the bike a couple of years and hadn't done anything to it but whoever owned it before him put on a power commander and extended swing arm. What I'm curious to know is, can I determine somehow if it's still a stock engine or if it's been converted to a 1397? Little bit about me .. been a Suzuki junkie for the past 21 years. My last sport bike was an 03 GSX-R1000 which I traded in 2012 for a Harley Night Train. I thought it might be time being that I switch bike style since we added a baby to the family. I got rid of that last summer and just sat waiting for the right deal to come along. It feels so much better back riding this bike than it did the Harley.

..........:welcome: to the best site on the planet. My advice,if you're not into the strip,lose the extended arm.

Ride safe,

RSD.

I tried to include a pic but it didnt show up. I figured I was just new to the forum and couldn't post pics yet.
Hayabusa.jpg

welcome to the family, nice looking scooter you got there. looks like its been lower about 2 inches front and rear. what part of WNY you at? I'm in Grand Island

I'm out in Corfu (Darien Lake) but I work in downtown Buffalo. Yes it's been lowered which is beneficial to my short legs. lol. I can actually have both feet down vs my GSX-R1000 where I was on tip toes on one foot.

:welcome: to the board...sounds like you got a great deal from someone on the losing side of a good story :laugh: hope he gets everything sorted out and gets back on two wheels at some point :beerchug:

Back