Anyone run a car tire??

Putting car tires on bikes! This is just about the most idiotic thread I have ever read. Even Owen looks like a bike guru after reading this. No decent dealer of tires would ever warranty a car tire on a bike, unless they are ignorant of how a bike uses the tire. I am appalled. Shocked even! Just because you can get away with something due to the product holding up generally does not mean you should. Oh heck, I'm almost speechless!

Putting car tires on bikes! This is just about the most idiotic thread I have ever read. Even Owen looks like a bike guru after reading this. No decent dealer of tires would ever warranty a car tire on a bike, unless they are ignorant of how a bike uses the tire. I am appalled. Shocked even! Just because you can get away with something due to the product holding up generally does not mean you should. Oh heck, I'm almost speechless!

Hey speaker doc, do you have a cruiser? If so, you really ought to do some research on the dark side thing before you slam it too much.

If you don't have a cruiser, I guess I can understand your attitude.

CW
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Spot on!

Bikes lean to corner.....cars don't....

Rocket science, this aint...

:rulez:

Here it is: The wet area illustrates the contact patch.

CW

VTX_car_tire.JPG

Last edited:
i want a Rocket 3 Roadster and when i get one as soon as the stock tire wears out it will be riding Darkside im sure ill neeed the extra contact on the road :bowdown:

- The New Triumph Rocket III Roadster Motorcycle[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
i want a Rocket 3 Roadster and when i get one as soon as the stock tire wears out it will be riding Darkside im sure ill neeed the extra contact on the road :bowdown:

- The New Triumph Rocket III Roadster Motorcycle[/url]

With that torque, you need lots of rubber. Nice bike!

Last edited by a moderator:
(shakes head, slowly...)

I'm going to link this thread to another board....I am just gobsmacked.....

:rofl:

Yes I don't have a cruiser. I guess if you never lean it over to get on the edge of the tread you should be OK. But any real lean and your into the dangerous sidewall/edge of tread zone which is not made for that. I guess going slow with no turning would allow a car tire to be used. I would have to say that no one ever should put a car tire on a sport bike of any type.

Great pictures of those rear tires guys!

Motorcycles that do not lean when they turn....amazing.

Could this be the stupidest thread in the history of motorcycling?

Yes, I think it could....

:beerchug:

They should be shot for doing that to a hayabusa :banghead:

Im starting a peta for hayabusas.

Riders for the Ethical Treatment of Hayabusas.
RETH

As for car tires. Run what you want, you know the risks any time you put something on anything its not meant to go on. Its your motorcycle. But for the love of God please don't make your busa look like the one above. Or as the president of RETH I will be coming for you :firing::firing::

They should be shot for doing that to a hayabusa :banghead:

Im starting a peta for hayabusas.

Riders for the Ethical Treatment of Hayabusas.
RETH

As for car tires. Run what you want, you know the risks any time you put something on anything its not meant to go on. Its your motorcycle. But for the love of God please don't make your busa look like the one above. Or as the president of RETH I will be coming for you :firing::firing::

I agree....I do not know anyone who has installed a car tire on their sport bike. It's really not recommended anywhere online I've visited and that's understandable too. But, there will always be the show/bling bikes that do over-the-edge stuff. Would I stretch my Busa and put a fat-a$$ tire on the back??? No, but plenty of members do and it looks pretty mean!

Any of the darkside sites I've been on ALWAYS give their opinions and advocate researching the subject yourself and making the decision yourself. Pure and simple, make your own "informed" choice.

Motorcycles that do not lean when they turn....amazing.

Could this be the stupidest thread in the history of motorcycling?

Yes, I think it could....

:beerchug:

No, my opinion does not support this assumption but some of the responses are typical of uninformed and unresearched opinions. I will advocate, at the least, for people to try and have an informed opinion instead of a shotgun type response.

As most everyone knows, people love talking about their bikes.....look for a cruiser with a CT and ask him a few intelligent questions and it may be discovered the tires are safe and worthwhile. Or the person may not like his experience. Of course, if you start slamming right away....:lol:

Back