05 le

here they are  duplicolor high heat  1200 degree black  dh1602  for the mid pipes ,got that from pep boys  , then rustoleum flat black for every thing else , topped with krylon  clear coat , i realy want to powder coat , but couldnt wait ! after the throttlemiester was painted  parts just started comming off .
Are you concerned the paint peeling?
dry time /prep i dont think it will peel off ? maybe some rubbing off on the rearsets but i had rub marks on the aluminum ? thin coats multiple / i did five coats with ample dry time between coats / then three coats of clear same thing / plent of time to dry in between /thin coats ! . and for the prep i used prep pad sort of like a scotch brite pad but got it at pep boys also worked realy well you just have to knock the shine off of the parts so the paint will stick , powder coating is definatly the way to go for durability but like i said i couldnt wait ! and the dam paint matched so good , and on the le tthat was the only part that made me nutz ! it is like those parts shouldve been black ! they just look misplaced up against the black frame . would be totaly different if i was goin the bling! route but then the frame would be chrome !

oh yeah that dam rear calipre support arm was stickin out like a sore thumb ! dont know why suzuki wouldnt have powdercoated this stuff to start with ! but i guess you have to draw the line somewhere . although i think the polished lip wheels are misplaced also ! have to figure out where to go with them !

lookin good
cool.gif

here they are  duplicolor high heat  1200 degree black  dh1602  for the mid pipes ,got that from pep boys  , then rustoleum flat black for every thing else , topped with krylon  clear coat , i realy want to powder coat , but couldnt wait ! after the throttlemiester was painted  parts just started comming off .
Are you concerned the paint peeling?
dry time /prep  i dont think it will peel off ? maybe some rubbing off on the rearsets  but i had rub marks on the aluminum ?  thin coats multiple / i did five coats  with ample dry time between coats / then three coats of clear  same thing / plent of time to dry in between /thin coats ! . and for the prep i used  prep pad sort of like a scotch brite pad  but got it at pep boys also worked realy well you just have to knock the shine off of  the parts  so the paint will stick , powder coating is definatly the way to go for durability  but like i said i couldnt wait ! and the dam paint matched so good , and on the le tthat was the only part that made me nutz ! it is like those parts shouldve been black ! they just look misplaced up against the black frame . would be totaly different if i was goin the bling! route but then the frame would be chrome !
Thanks for the info.! I plan to do mine this winter when I will have more time for the pipe to dry.

....what a piece of art... ...veeryyy nice,like the cans..what are those? perfekt colour ,what a pity we don't have that colour in our lists.....yes I know You can always paint it....even though....VERY NICE BIKE.....

<!--EDIT|Agostini
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127828032 -->

the cans are carbon fiber two brothers racing bolt ons . they are very light and sound sweeeet!!!!!!!!

<span style='color:blue'></span>Those are the same cans I want. Are you REALLY!!! happy with them? I haven't the chance to hear what they sound like yet. I understand they put out about 105 db. How do they compare to the Yoshs'?
1zhelp.gif

<span style='color:blue'></span>Those are the same cans I want. Are you REALLY!!! happy with them? I haven't the chance to hear what they sound like yet. I understand they put out about 105 db. How do they compare to the Yoshs'?
1zhelp.gif

so far i have heard on busas hmf ,d and d,and my two bros . i realy like the sound of the hmf , but they are loud ! d and d are not as loud as thier rep is . and the two bros sound good and look great ! i bought them to give me more sound ,the looks , and to hold me over till i decide on a full system ? heard those systems on a group ride i went on this weekend , but still havent decided?
good luck

Nice work . I will get around to either painting or powdercoating my pegs after Christmas . I also used the Ceramic High temp paint on my stock cans after we gutted them and they are holding up great . HERE's a small video of the cans and my Stock seat Corbin backrest mod . I've got to get new stainless bolts for the endcaps but they sound pretty good gutted ........

Nice work . I will get around to either painting or powdercoating my pegs after Christmas . I also used the Ceramic High temp paint on my stock cans after we gutted them and they are holding up great . HERE's a small video of the cans and my Stock seat Corbin backrest mod . I've got to get new stainless bolts for the endcaps but they sound pretty good gutted ........
i am very interested in the stock seat corbin backrest mod !!!!!!!!! i have tobins but still have my stock seats also, do you think you could post up some pics of the bottom of the seat where the backrest connects ? and piucs of any other mod you had to do to get it done ? how much did you pay for just the backrest ? do you think it would be posible to mount it on the front seat also ? sorry for all the ?s but like i said i am very interested ! i belive alot of other people would be also ! thanks
biggrin.gif
sounds and looks great !

i am very interested in the stock seat corbin backrest mod !!!!!!!!!  i have tobins  but  still have my stock seats also,  do you think you could post up some pics of the bottom of the seat   where the backrest connects ?  and piucs  of any other  mod you had to do to get it done ?  how much did you pay for just the backrest ?  do you think it would be posible to  mount it on the front seat also ?  sorry for all the ?s but like i said i am very interested ! i belive alot of other people would be also ! thanks  
biggrin.gif
sounds and looks great !
+2 on the info.

i dig the cans and those screens. they really set the bike off. nice work with the midpipes, they look great!
smile.gif

i am very interested in the stock seat corbin backrest mod !!!!!!!!!  i have tobins  but  still have my stock seats also,  do you think you could post up some pics of the bottom of the seat   where the backrest connects ?  and piucs  of any other  mod you had to do to get it done ?  how much did you pay for just the backrest ?  do you think it would be posible to  mount it on the front seat also ?  sorry for all the ?s but like i said i am very interested ! i belive alot of other people would be also ! thanks  
biggrin.gif
sounds and looks great !
I'll take a few pics and start a new thread . It's fairly simple . Don't know about the front seat , never even had it off . You can search ebay for Corbin backrest and find them from $50-200 . Mine is the medium Oval and I paid about $179 new .

Back