Repainting scuffed up plastics..

rtvegas

Registered
Hello Org,

Well.. A few months ago, the storage compartment wasn't securely fastened and fell off while I was riding. So.. I went to colorrite.com and purchased the OEM color, base coat and clear coat. Since this will be first time doing this, I need some advice on how to prep the plastics for paint.. The scuffs are minimal.. see pictures below..

Thanks again!!

<center>
PA100260.jpg

PA100258.jpg

</center>

Lightly sand until smooth with a 2500 or 3k grit. With that I may wet sand. Use a block so the paper sands evenly, take your time and make gradual even strokes. When you get it smooth, apply your first base coat and let it dry completely. Then apply the other base coats to your liking, sanding between coats. Then apply the clear. I dont know if you want to add a flex additive to this part or not, but it will make the paint slightly lighter than if you didnt use it. Keep in mind, if you can see an imperfection in the paint before you apply the clear, the clear will magnify the imperfection. What mix are you using? 4:1 or 1:1?

Lightly sand until smooth with a 2500 or 3k grit. With that I may wet sand. Use a block so the paper sands evenly, take your time and make gradual even strokes. When you get it smooth, apply your first base coat and let it dry completely. Then apply the other base coats to your liking, sanding between coats. Then apply the clear. I dont know if  you want to add a flex additive to this part or not, but it will make the paint slightly lighter than if you didnt use it. Keep in mind, if you can see an imperfection in the paint before you apply the clear, the clear will magnify the imperfection. What mix are you using? 4:1 or 1:1?
Thanks for the advice.. Regarding paint mixture.. I should have clarified. I bought the OEM, base coat and clear in aerosal form.. Since the surface is so small, I thought it would be ok vs. the standard paint.

Back