pinting it all black

gcal

Registered
once agian
some one probllay already asked but i cant find it

so here goes
i was wanting to paint the beast all black
and was wondering does any body have pics of a all black beast or any single color paint scheems
all blue all red etc.

if so please post or give me a link to go to thanks.
g

Got-busa?'s all black ride...

gotbusa_02.jpg

thats what my pipe looks like...can't wait to get it installed...

cool thanks
if my painter lets me get away with it i will probaly paint it all black
thanks agian BT

Then it will just look like the limited edition SE ('02 I think), which is all black. How 'bout at least some interesting stripes or graphics to differentiate it. Check out this guy's bike. He actually lives in Milwaukee and his bike is for sale.

This pic doesn't do it justice. It has some cool little characters paitned on it also.

<!--EDIT|Thinker62
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071251019 -->

Phil_s_SE_1.jpg

or this....
wow!
i like that the all burgandy
my bike is maroon and sliver now (stock 00)
that all maroon would be nice
i thought about it before
and may be with a silver racing stripe over the top from headlight to tail light about a 6 inch thick, silver or grey racing stripe?
that might be a choice

im going to take my scraped plactics off in a minute and run them up to the dude who painted my ducati monster and see what he is going to charge me to paint the busa

ill post what he is going to charge and weather or not im going to get anythnig done
thanks folks
and keep your fingers crossed for me
g

thinker:
all black would look like the se but not if i take all skickers off and make all lenses tinted then it would look all diffrent
thats what i had in mind
we'll see ]
g

Yeah I guess it really does... Not to mention the rears just slapped onto the back...

I am still waiting to find a good source for the lenses... I am thinking Clear Alternatives is off the option sheet. Besides I keep seeing a pretty cool looking set on ebay that isn't all frosted looking....

update:

ok i took the home made cover that i put over the busa (under the home made tent was a bike cover) off so i can take the plastics off and
suprise!
moisture up the asrss!!
i uncovered the bike completly and in a fit of rage destroyed my home made box with plastic walls.
that was a stupid idea to build that
i just wanted to keep it dry

it was a box i built to keep out the rain and rats racoons etc.
but it also kept out the fresh air.
any way needless to say i was pissed so i went and bought a rain proof cover and a bike lock, kryponite cable 40 bucks
i have needed one since i had the bike.
the cover was 40 bucks its a LIGHT WEIGHT BIKE COVER ! 100% rain proof (thats what it says on the box , no brand name)
i got it from cycle gear
have any off you used this type before and is so what do you think?
i also bought some of that stuff u put in gun racks and all places to keep moisture out
i stuck 3 bags under the cover it should be ok
ill let you know if it works

finally
i took off the worst of the plastics (the left side has road rash, bad) and took it into my painters work.
i missed him by minutes
but his boss looked at the piece and said
it can be made to look like new
he also said it would be a under the table pay.
which means it should be cheap (i hope)

last time he painted my monster's gas tank, the rear cover for the seat, and the wind viser he charged me 150.
the tank had a massive dent in it and he took it out included in the price.
he made it look like new.
the people at the dealership (the one i bought it from and had service done) didnt even know it was down.

i will know monday how much exactly and what color it will be

ill post what happens
untill then please keep your fingers crossed for me

thanks
g

Oh Hey the Silica Gel in the big bags will work pretty well but if i remember right it's a little pricey. Heres a suggestion, they have to new High tech kitty litters out there now, and one of them is just about pure silica gel. Anyhoo it's just little clear crystals just check the ingrediants. Point is its a whole lot cheaper than the specialty items and will work the same. Just use some old socks or panty hose and fill them up with the stuff.

I would recommend though that you not cover it with any sort of water proof cover. Your going to be trapping too much moist air in and around your bike, I would maybe see if you can get it in the house or a buddies garage or something. Or maybe just build a little carport thing for it, keep rain, snow and sun off of it without actually wrapping anything right around the Busa.

the little carport thing is what i did last time.
i think i went wrong when i covered the bike up with a bike cover as well. but had no mosituer absorbers then

it was a simple 4 post up and a square top with heavy duty plastic, stapled to the posts, as walls and roof
it was water proof, wind proof etc. but i went wrong by keeping the bike under the cover were there was no room for fresh air under the cover but there was air under the home made car port.
im going to build another one if i dont take it to a buddys garage in the next few days.
this time im only going to keep the bike under the home made carport and forget about the bike cover.
at least now its also on stands (thanks to thinker62)
before it was only on the kick stand and leaned over.

im going to take the rest of the plastics off monday and then i will know were im going to park it while the plastics are in the shop.

ill keep posting
g

sad.gif

update:
i droped the left side plastic off friday
his boss said he will have him (the painter) call me monday
here it is tuesday and no call
i called him monday he was busy in a paint both
i called him in the evening and he already left

anyway im going to make one last attempt to contact him and see if he wants to paint my bike

yes i am impatient

any way
ill post later on my busa painting adventure
hopefully it gets painted when it does ill post pics for all you to critisize
lol

<!--EDIT|g_calatean
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075924081 -->

Back