ZX11 First Ride

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Well I finally got the ZX11 where it can be ridden, I did a little of the work but most was done by Metric Cycles here in Tusla. ( Good Peeps )

I bought the bike for $800.00 thinking I would make a track bike out of it, But after pushing it realized how heavy it is. so thought otherwise.

So $800.00 worth of fixing she is finally rideable, $1600.00 into the bike as of now.

Had a guy offer me $2,500.00 at work today as it sat in the back of the Titan, $1000.00 down and $300 a payday until its paid off and I keep the bike until it is. Thinking real hard about doing it.

I have never ridden any other sportbike other than my Busa

I have to tell you, The 1993 ZX11 is no Busa Powerhouse, but that bike will get up and go, Put me back in my seat, and as for handling, very very easy to control and Dare I say it, Handles better than the Busa, Keep in mind my Busa is Stretched and has a 240 which Im sure takes away from its conering, But I dont ever recall the Busa handling that easy for me.

Misty have no fear of being replaced, She is still my Mistress and will always be.

Here's the ZX11 for you pick hounds ( Make sure your children arent around, it is Nekkid.

Plastics are in the Garage

==========================================================

000_3613.jpg
000_3614.jpg

Misty was feeling left out

000_3609.jpg

000_3613.jpg

000_3614.jpg

000_3609.jpg

The 11's were cool old beasts. Lots of power all through the rev range...kinda like a busa, and ran VERY hard for their day. I liked them a lot :thumbsup: Didn't handle near like a stock length busa though :laugh: and weighed alot more. You just feel that way because you got Misty lowered and stretched with that 240 out back :laugh: That 240 and stretch is going to suck up some hp though :O but you should still run away from that old 11 like a spoiled kid running away from grandma :laugh:

I'd take that 2500 while you can get it. same type deal with my 900, picked it up from my brother cheap, have a grand total of 1800 in it and i'm trying to sell it for 2500 which is like 1300 below book, having trouble getting rid of it lol

the last bike i had before the busa was a 91 zx11. i liked it alot, but once it started falling apart, it became expensive to fix.

I'd take that 2500 while you can get it. same type deal with my 900, picked it up from my brother cheap, have a grand total of 1800 in it and i'm trying to sell it for 2500 which is like 1300 below book, having trouble getting rid of it lol

Im going to tell him Ok tomorrow,

We will see what happens

$2500 for either is a deal. Both were and still are pretty awesome bikes.

I miss my 97. Bike actually saved my life by preventing the car that drove over both of us from touching me. Had we not gotten hit i would probably still have her today .

I miss my 97.

mee too! I tried to keep mine but wifey won't budge..had to sell the Kawi before I could get back on a Busa! TIM, I kept your articles about the ZX-11 handy while I was researching this bike.

DEMMYM, hope you do not mind me posting a pic below (P.S. I was able to sell mine for $3600)

Last edited:
I had an 11 for my second bike, needless to say, its no longer with us:whistle:

Id call it a short term investment and sell her to your coworker:thumbsup:

Really cool!

My cousin had recently been getting his together. Before this summer It had sat outside for about 6 or so years because after be blew the engine (decided to hop on one cold night with no warm-up time at all...) he just lost interest.

Gonna have to direct him to this thread!

Anyways, here's a pic of said bike:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg

A little more cleaned up. :thumbsup:

That windscreen will be painted Black in the next couple days

My buyer says he still wants it, $1000 down and 300 a payday so were talking 10 weeks ( paid every 2 weeks ) 10 weeks in my garage, I wont be able to just sit there and look at it, By the time he picks it up it will probably be almost brand new :laugh:

And have 2 others waiting to see what the first is going to do.

===================================================================

000_3616.jpg

000_3616.jpg

Back