New Busa Owner as of tomorrow...I think

NoMoreZX11

Registered
Well I am about 90% that I will be going to a local CT Suzuki dealer to buy a Busa tomorrow (2004 LE Red) and just wanted to ask is there ANYTHING I should know about either the 2004 model or this bike in general before I buy? Anyone deal with Suzuki financial? Ok to deal with?

Finally, my bike experience (have been bikeless since 2000) was, in order of purchase:

1992 ZX11
1997 ZX11 (punched out to an 1109)
Yamaha YZF 1000 (I think '97 but can't remember)
1994 Kawasaki ZX-9R

I am 6 feet tall, 210 lbs and 34 years old so I think I can "handle" the bike but I am a little curious as to how much quicker it will feel than the 1109ZX. Anyone have a similar bike before that now owns a Busa to compare to?

Anyway, I'll let ya all now if I buy the bike...

Dave

[fliph]HEY DAVE , GOOD LUCK ON THE PURCHASE. I HAD A ZX 11 UNTIL 2 YEARS AGO AND BOUGHT A 04 BUSA LAST MONTH AT MTR RACING IN WOONSOCKET IN RHODE ISLAND. THERE IS NOTHING I CAN TELL YOU THAT WILL ACCURATELY DESCRIBE HOW GREAT THIS BIKE IS. I HAVE RIDDEN MOST OF MY LIFE AND UNTIL NOW , ALWAYS RODE KAWASAKIS AS YOU CAN SEE FROM MY POST SIGNATURE. I JUST HAVE ABOUT 660 MILES ON MY BIKE AND LAST NIGHT ON THE WAY HOME FROM WORCESTER ON 146 I FINALLY HIT 100 OVER THE SPEEDLIMIT. I HAD BEEN VERY CAUTIOUS BREAKING IN THE BIKE BUT SOME OF THE GUYS ON BUSA.ORG TOLD ME TO USE THE THROTTLE SO I DECIDED TO DO IT LAST NIGHT. IT RODE LIKE A CHARM AND HAD PLENTY OF TWIST LEFT ALSO. IF YOU BUY ONE , I WILL GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY WITH YOUR DECISION AND IF YOU COME HERE FOR ADVICE, YOU WILL FIND THAT MOST OF THESE GUYS ARE SMART AS ALL HELL SO YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A PLACE TO COME AND GET SO MUCH INFO ABOUT THIS GREAT BIKE. DONT HESITATE, BUY THE BIKE , WELCOME TO THIS LIL PLACE IN THE WEB , AND IF BY CHANCE YOU ARE IN THE NEWPORT AREA , WE CAN HOOK UP AND GO FOR A NICE BLAST DOWN THE COAST OR OVER TO CAPE COD WHEN YOU GET IT BROKEN IN... GOOD LUCK EITHER WAY..... JOHN

AND HEY, MAKE SURE YOU SHOP AROUND. SUZUKI WORLD IN WARWICK WANTED 11 K FOR MY BIKE AND MTR RACING WAS 9999.00 OUT THE DOOR. WHEN I TOLD THEM I HAD TO GO AND GET MY HELMET FROM MY STORAGE UNIT, AND WOULD PICK UP THE BIKE THE NEXT DAY, THEY TOLD ME TO PICK A HELMET OFF THE WALL UP TO 300.00 , I KNOW THAT THESE MAY BE TOO FAR FOR YOU BUT JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU DID THE GOOD CONSUMER THING AND LOOKED..

Welcome to the board and congratulations on the (maybe) Busa.

Good luck and congratulations with the purchase and welcome to the board!

Loomis cycle sales in IN can get you one for 9699.00

biggrin.gif

Good luck. The Busa is a fantastic bike. I can't imagine how you'd be dissapointed.

I like the handle too!

Congrats NoMorezx1100,
I have no experience on a zx1100, however I do have experience trying to sleep the night before picking up my 03'. My advice on getting plenty of rest tonight is....GOOD LUCK! I was like a kid on Christmas Eve. Be safe and post pics as soon as possible.

BD

BOUGHT THE BUSA!! 2004 LE for $9900 + no set up charge and a free helmet. Picking it up on Wednesday...oh boy oh boy oh boy...anyone on here in CT?

nice work! now the hard part kicks in A) waiting to pick it up and then B) once you get it, having to wait til you get it broken in to actually feel what she has to offer
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

I have lots of time on a ZX11.
My thoughts are that an 1109 will feel quite similar.
Mine was a stocker, and I rode about 25k on it, the Busa deffinately has way more power than my stocker 11, but I would imagine if ya squeeze another 30 to 40hp out of an 11, they'd be very close bikes below say 160.....above that I would imagine the Busa would pull hard......these things scream up high!!!!
Now, spend the equivelent amount on yer new Busa, and you won't  see an 1109 Zx11 anywhere close to you!!!

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089698246 -->

Congrats on the new s.e. I have the same. I also came from an 02 zx1100d stocker. No comparison between the two. I rode my buddies 02 limeted and knew I had to have a busa. As things happen, wrecked my zx on april fools day last year. Went a year wthout and bought my baby on 05/14/04. You will love it. As you know, Red is the fastest color..... Have fun
DREW...

Back