ZX-14 Kill

Ft Campbell Busa

Registered
Well after 15 months of bench racing in Iraq I finally got to run a friend who has a ZX-14! We were planning to race before the tour in Iraq but it never happened until today. Everytime I saw him over there we drew a crowd arguing about who was going to beat who, lol. Today he arrived to the local track intending to watch a friend of his ride a R1 until he saw me. They did not even unload his friends bike and went home to get the ZX-14. His Zx has a Brock pipe, PC, Strap, 8 or 10 over swing arm, lowered, etc... Beautiful bike actually. My times were not the best but good enough on a brand new Shinko with less than 2 miles on it. I ran a 6.3 at 114 to his 6.4. We are going to meet and race at the 1/4 mile track in Bowling Green when it opens in the Spring. I know he will pick up on the big end so I need to improve my 60ft. I am still reading and practicing. I have been using the Brock method of launching just above idle (2000 rpm) and going full throttle. Well, it was fun being back at the track and out of Iraq! Thanks and keep the launching treads coming!

Last edited:
So what you spanked a 14 :whistle:

Good job, I'm sure he'll throw some NOS on it by spring :laugh:

RE-POST WHEN YOU GUYS GOING RACE @ BEACH BEND (BOWLING GREEN) I will come down, I might want try him im 6.40 to.Road trip up here to EVANSVILLE SOMETIME MAN WE GOT NORMALLY LEAST $200 UP 4 GRABS IN BRACKET RACES SAT NIGHT. $30 ENTRY.CHANDLER INDIANA

MVI_4849.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

THANK YOU 4 YOUR SERVICE 2 OUR COUNTRY.WE PRAY 4 TROOPS SAFETY BEFORE EVERY RACE ARMY IS A TRACK SPONSER

GUY ON THAT 14 IM RACING 6.15--6.20 HE CAN HOLESHOT THE HELL OUT OF IT.

Last edited:
RE-POST WHEN YOU GUYS GOING RACE @ BEACH BEND (BOWLING GREEN) I will come down, I might want try him im 6.40 to.Road trip up here to EVANSVILLE SOMETIME MAN WE GOT NORMALLY LEAST $200 UP 4 GRABS IN BRACKET RACES SAT NIGHT. $30 ENTRY.CHANDLER INDIANA

MVI_4849.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

THANK YOU 4 YOUR SERVICE 2 OUR COUNTRY.WE PRAY 4 TROOPS SAFETY BEFORE EVERY RACE ARMY IS A TRACK SPONSER

GUY ON THAT 14 IM RACING 6.15--6.20 HE CAN HOLESHOT THE HELL OUT OF IT.

Thanks for the Prayers! This was my third tour over there and it was much quieter than prior tours. Me and Ripcord (He posts more in the Turbo Forum) will give you a buzz this spring when we go BG. We race here in Clarksville since it is open year round. I raced here Dec 22 last year on mid tour leave, lol. Thanks

Last edited:
So what you spanked a 14 :whistle:

Good job, I'm sure he'll throw some NOS on it by spring :laugh:

I am notthe best rider looking at what you guys are doing, lol. Some of the times that I see on here are insane. I never see anyone around town(there are a ton of Busas) running that fast that are stock? Even on Brock's site he says that a stocker should be in the 6.20 range. I see Busas here all the time in the 7's still, lol.
BTW, I know I will have to step up the power and riding skills against those ZX-14s. I raced another one before I deployed and would beat him every race. He showed up a couple weeks later with a new tune, Alien head, etc... I could still cut a better light and hold on through the 1/8th mile on him. He would pass me at that point and tore me to peices in the 1/4. My trap speed then was 140 to his 150! The ZX I raced yesterday is already planning to do the same, lol. He wants to run 1/4 mile now and says that he will take me there. :please:

Any one here own both? The ZX owner let a friend of mine take his ZX down the track yesterday for a pass. My friend has a GSX-R 750 (runs 6.6s) and claimed that he liked racing my Busa much better than the ZX. He even stated that my Busa felt like it had more bottom end than the ZX? I know he launched mine at 3500-4000 and it came up in the air where the ZX felt low on power until a bit higher in the RPM range. I thought that was a bit strange for a 1400. I never rode one though. Just wondering.

Augh, I just remembered that the ZX had aftermarket grips that had some free play. Compared to mine with the R1 throttle grip; that may have made mine feel more responsive.???

Back