ZG Dub-Bub

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Check out this link and clarify this for me.

Scroll down a bit until you see about 30 clickable links. The very last one is Zero Gravity Windscreen, Please click on that and read.

According to him, the screen is horrible, in terms of wind protection, at speeds over 80mph. He mentions things that might help, but that's the problem, they might help. I always thought the Dub-Bub helps with wind protection. And since most of us Busa pilots ride at speeds in triple digits, I wanted to know the opinons of dub-bub owners before I invest in one.

i noticed a differecne right away as for high speeds is hard to tell still pretty windy but still think better than stock
cool.gif

I have used the ZG DB at speeds over 80 and not had any problems. He mentions that it may be his helmet too which is quite likely. The only problem most have experienced with that windscreen is a little noise, vibration that is eliminated with some tape around the bottom before putting it in place.

I have the ZG BD and I agree that around 75mph and above it beats you up pretty good on the slab. I do 350 mile rides once a week and it takes about 1-2 hours of freeway to get to the twisties. That slab is not fun at 80. I rode a bit with the stock screen and it's a toss up: The stock is smoother air around the helmet but generally more overall tubulence on the torso at higher slab speeds. I'm 6'2".

Maybe we'll get some Puig touring screens and get to try them out...someday
smile.gif

It just lifts the wind blast from your chest to your helmet............head still gets blasted pretty good, but makes it so when you crouch low, you don't get much wind touching your helmet at all.................makes for much smoother high speed runs!!!!!
smile.gif

ZG DB is a great windscreen, but the PowerBronze DB is a better quality windscreen in my opinion. I've used both, and they both perform about the same, but the quality and worksmanship is where the PowerBronze has the ZG beat.

ZG DB is a great windscreen, but the PowerBronze DB is a better quality windscreen in my opinion.  I've used both, and they both perform about the same, but the quality and worksmanship is where the PowerBronze has the ZG beat.
I hear the same about Puig being better than ZG. I always thought ZG was the best. I guess its kinda like Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge ...

I hate Double Bubble Windscreens as by their very design they present two different "angles of attack" unto the wind...one bordered on both sides by the other which creates two very different levels of low pressure zones which collide together just behing the winscreen itself creating "Disruptive Vortices Of Vacume"....and you can actually "HEAR" this happening through your helmet as the wind noise itself takes on a "DISRUPTED SOUND" like the sail of a boat fluttering in the wind...instead of a nice laminar and stabil tone of a constant and "Clean Wind"...like the dif between a steady breeze and an extremely GUSTY day...I'll take the clean wind and steady breeze...cause...Double Bubbles Blow!!! LOL!!!

They are like riding just behind a tractor trailer on the interstate..except ya just can't pass.

Thank you for respecting what is JMHO and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116042705 -->

My DB has served me well, but it is the only windscreen I have tried , other than stock. Thinking about trying something else. Too bad the Puig is so hard to come by.

I like mine, I'm 5'9" and the wind is considerably less wth the double bubble,Its a bike, theres suppposed to be some wind! A good quality helmet almost always quitens things down though. NJ.

I liked my old ZG  DB and just odered another.  I was seeing about 150 mph on weds with the stock screen and bufetting was pelenty.
sad.gif
  I am goning back to the DB.  No need mention the awesome look.  
thumbs-up.gif

oh and if ya dont mind slightly blemmed check out www.zgoutlet.com cheap!

New are $64 + shipping slightly blemmed $45

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116054000 -->

I like my ZG DB. When I get into my semi-tuck position, I don't feel any wind or buffeting against my helmet. If fact, those times when I am not wearing my jacket (few), I can feel the air hitting my back. Maybe that also helps keep me planted to the ground. Ha ha!

I am 5'9 and I would not want to ride with out my ZG

I have taken the bike in excess of 180 with no problems and I have cruised at 90 sitting up with no problems.

Now trying to sit up at 160 is a bit of an endurance test. But it is way better than a stock screen.

And also keep in mind. It "seems" the in the end even the ZG can cause your long term high end speeds to be impacted. I.E. not as stream line creating more wind resistance.

So in my opinion, the ZG is a good wind screen, anything that provides MORE wind protection is going to screw with the Busa's aerodynamics at high speeds

I think the ZG is great! Definitely helped.
Also, I hear the PUIG is better though.. Thicker, better quality.

Back