zex dry kit which pc do i need?

mccama69

Registered
hello i just ordered a Zex dry kit for my stock motor hayabusa. my question is which power commander do i need the pc3usb or pc3r? stock motor and exhaust. i have already streched 8in geared -1+2 with shinko and i like to play at strip or on street. maybe 1 day i have cash for big motor 1507 but till then my little dry kit will spice up our love affair
winkold.gif

the reason i asked is because i thought the added timing control of the 3r might be nice for nitrous use. but if u say usb model then i am all for the group buy. thanks for pointing that out. SR-RACING i noticed in ur setup u have the pingel all electric kit can u give me any advice on that i have one i need to install. how do u like? thanks

The 3r is not a current production unit. There are still a few out there but they are getting harder to find. With a small spray, timing should not be much of an issue. They make an ignition module for the PCIIIusb but I think it is around $300. You might also think about an assessory hub so you can change maps on the activation of the nitrous as well.

SR-RACING i noticed in ur setup u have the pingel all electric kit can u give me any advice on that i have one i need to install. how do u like?    thanks
Love it,love it- that is got to be the best mod I've added to my bike. No need for extra bottles,on-board air compressors,psi guage to keep track of,and very easy to install and set-up.After installing follow simple steps(2), to adjust the kill time and after that rock on. Just one thing,don't use it when the bike is off,that can bend your shift forks. Kawiboy has one on his turbo Busa and also loves it. You'll be amazed at you new lower ET's at the strip too.Just make sure to keep your foot out of the way.The folks at Pingle are Great too,if you ever have a problem.Just let me know if I can help,I still have instructions if you needem'

i like the idea of a rpm window switch, is that the same thing as ZEX traction control unit? i will probably do my own install and want to do it right first time. do u guys use the them? simple install-setup? also i decided to spend a little extra to make my kit a twin nozzle,i know they say u dont need it but it just made more since to me. any thoughts?

I'm also new to the nitrous thing,so I can't comment on the rpm window switch or the zex traction control,as mine will be on demand though the starter switch.Twin nozzel as well. Another trick part you may want to look into is the Launch/shift light set up by Smithbusa in the group buy section,with has an auto shift feature that will wire in to the Pingle set up you've got.Being new to the juice,I want to have complete control to get used to what to expect;since added the 13:1 kit was a huge jump by itself.Much like your self, my riding is on hold until late Feb.

wow 13-1, so i guess when u spray u run "good gas"? was ur kit a stroker? some day i want to build a mountain motor with some nasty cams. i talked to some guys that said they like to do a 1550 and its still almost street worthy. i dont have much time to ride anymore but when i do go out that would make things a little more interesting!!!

Most of the time I ran Sunoco 112,even before the piston kit which was 81mm drop-ins.During race season I always filled up a 6 gal. can every weekend at the track so I could run 50/50 mix w/premium during the week. A local small airport feeds my needs in the off season on Sundays at their creditcard pump which is labeled 102,a little wierd hooking a static cord up to your bike though. I've learned a ton about the basics just from reading other post right here. Little stuff that I never gave a second thought,like solinoid placement effect's how hard your system hits even at different HP setting,closer to the air box,harder the hit.Just an example,lot of experience posted herein. My bike is still as streetble as ever,just more fun to blaze the tire around town on the 2-3 shift,instead of the 1-2 shift.
firedevil.gif
Great bang for the buck.Still would be kinda fun on a 1550,OMG
bowdown.gif

i like the idea of a rpm window switch, is that the same thing as ZEX traction control unit? i will probably do my own install and want to do it right first time. do u guys use the them? simple install-setup? also i decided to spend a little extra to make my kit a twin nozzle,i know they say u dont need it but it just made more since to me. any thoughts?
i run the zex kit with the window switch and the wide open throttle switch. just being extra safe. window switch set at 7000-10,500 rpms but still only sprays if your wide open throttle. Im running a 50 hp shot with 50/50 pump and c-12 through a single nozzle fan jet in left ram tube. I have it set to come on in 2nd gear with a 9" over arm. I wouldn't suggest 2nd with a stock arm. I tried it at Maple grove last year. It wasn't pretty. its a fun setup and haven't had a problem yet. let me know if I can help. good luck

Back