please help me entering in the DRY world...

lensflare

Registered
Hi fellows,

i've been thinking about Nitrous for so long, and now it's time to try.

i'm thinking about entering in this world step by step.

i saw the kit ZEX 82075 dry shot for my '00 Busa, completely stock.
i have a PCII to install if needed.

i will be grateful if someone say me if this kit is safe for my engine, if there are some indications, things to care of, or special mounting procedures.

how can i be sure not to lean over my engine???

thank you in advance!!!

Lens

with a little common sense....a dry kit is very safe. you will run into problems when you try to add too much nitrous,lean the a/f ration.

zex has an electronic switch that works off the TPS....i prefer to run a simple simple wide open switch that is activated by the throttle linkage but that is just an opinion.

where do you plan to mount the nozzle?

I use the PASS button to activate my NOS, I have 15,25,40 shot needles ...I have a nozzle in front of each ram air inlet so it mixes with the fresh air and then all of it goes through the filter and sensors before hitting the throttle bodies... I wouldn't recommend anything above a 40 shot into the air box...without something to richen up your fuel mixture, but below that the bikes sensors should be able to compensate, also a wide open throttle switch is a very good idea, so you don't bump it at a low rpm and lean out your engine...I recommend either the pc3 or get a hold of smith and get your stock ecu reflashed and set up for the NOS....lots of really good ways to do that with the stock ECU..now

Last edited:
Thank you very much!!!

yes, the only way to run SAFE is to RUN gradually...

i think about installing the first step of nozzle, for the necessary time to practice well with the surplus of power...
and probably it will be definitively enough for me for a long time...

the questions about i am wondering are:

1) even with the smallest shot and nozzles, how can the stock ECU compensate the increased oxigen in the combustion chamber?
2) if i put on my PCII with an enriched map, i will have a bad carburation for all the time without N2O injection (normal operation), so, there is a way to engage or disengage the PCII when needed (such as the HUB for the PCIII)???
3) if not, the sensors BUSAs have on the inlet sections, are able to compensate the smallest shot of a ZEX or equivalent kit???

thank you very much!!!!!!

The absolute BEST thing you can get for dry nitrous is a spray bar, they are fairly cheap now and worth EVERY penny.

As djsin stated, you're best solution (in my opinion) would be to toss the PCII and contact smithbusa to see about getting his ecu flash kit. With his kit, you'll need nothing else and its cheaper than a power commander with alot more features that you'll appreciate. You can not only use it to enrich fuel but also to activate/deactivate the nitrous, pull ignition timing, switch fuel maps....all automatically and without having to run around running rich on a nitrous tuned map all the time. Shoot him a pm or check out his website boostbysmith.com - Home

Yes Liltroy,
i think this one to be the best method but...
i have a '00 Busa... my ECU is 16bit one...
Schintz says me that their kit works only for '02-up bikes...
do the Smithbusa's one work for '99-'00 ones?
if yes, i'm ready to order one immediately!!!!
(and not only one, as my friends are asking me for the same item!!!)

Lens

Yes Liltroy,
i think this one to be the best method but...
i have a '00 Busa... my ECU is 16bit one...
Schintz says me that their kit works only for '02-up bikes...
do the Smithbusa's one work for '99-'00 ones?
if yes, i'm ready to order one immediately!!!!
(and not only one, as my friends are asking me for the same item!!!)

Lens

It works on the 02-up ecus. That being said, its a fairly simple matter from what I understand, to swap the later model ecu into the older bike. And I see those ecu's going on ebay for less than $100 most of the time making it still more cost effective than any other system out there right now. I'm pretty sure that you just have to swap out some kinda sensor to use it, not do some major rewire job. you should search here, as I know there have been threads on the topic in the last ew months, or try the hacking forum here ECU hacking. If all else ails, shoot smithbusa a pm and he'll give you the info you need....great guy!

smithbusa contacted!

thank you i'll see what to do...

i'm freighted by the differences from USA/European specs... my bike has not a o2 sensor

You better get it dynoed to have a map for that nos or yeah it will go lean everything I have searched for refers back to do not nos without a map for it.:rulez:

Back