Your thoughts...asking price etc 2005 Acura RSX

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys going to have to sell my car.
KBB Canada value is $6000.oo when sold to a private party.In your experience is this a good number to start at,ask more,ask less. Does not have to be sold tomorrow...but not 6 months from either.
the good:
108,000KM / 68,000 Mi.
Fully loaded with I believe every option.
heated leather,cruise,sun roof,blah blah blah
new tires
new brakes
mechanically perfect
meticulasly maintained (you could eat of the motor)

the not so good:
some scratches (15 yr old car)
is NOT the S-Type

Idea's for the ad I will post?
Thanks,
Rubb.

I learned the only thing the market cares about, here at least, is how it looks. People will buy a cherry vehicle with 10 things about to go wrong before they will buy a mechanically perfect vehicle that has a failing clear coat. Just keep that psychology in mind.

I do not know about where you are at but there are some compact cars here for 10k that are junk. It is also, here at least, a seller's market for homes and vehicles, KBB's adjustment's to price notwithstanding. Granted it is too easy, and even easier for friends to say "start high".......................okay so what..........Based on your description, start high, and higher than the book.

Did you do work? Let them know how skilled you are and what you did.

Are there any scratches that you can use OEM touch-up on?

Photos really make an ad. Take as many photos of nice areas as is possible. People spend 90% of the time looking at the pics and drooling and 10% looking at the text. I made those numbers up, it could actually be 89/11 or 92/8 so don't get all "fact check" on me as people are doing nowadays. To get more pics you take close-ups, like just the logo on the engine, etc. Think like that. Tail light is perfectly clean? Fill the frame with that. People truly do get emotionally excited over the pics. Pics are influential.

Hey guys going to have to sell my car.
KBB Canada value is $6000.oo when sold to a private party.In your experience is this a good number to start at,ask more,ask less. Does not have to be sold tomorrow...but not 6 months from either.
the good:
108,000KM / 68,000 Mi.
Fully loaded with I believe every option.
heated leather,cruise,sun roof,blah blah blah
new tires
new brakes
mechanically perfect
meticulasly maintained (you could eat of the motor)

the not so good:
some scratches (15 yr old car)
is NOT the S-Type

Idea's for the ad I will post?
Thanks,
Rubb.
As u already know the s type is what most people want but around me your car would probably be posted for around 5000 and sold for a little less. Of course most around me would be pretty well rusted out and mileage would be a lot higher so I think your at a reasonable price.

Is it manual or automatic? That will make a big difference as most people after cars like that want the manual and will pay a premium for the fast-and-furious factor.

I'm sure you've done your research online but Craigslist Vancouver has prices all over the map, from a greedy dealer asking $12K to a low private sale at $2K. I'd say you're in the ballpark at $6K obo.

Kind of wish that I needed a small fun-to-drive economical car right now.

Best advice I can give is make it look as good as you can. Clean it, vacuum it out, remove all personal items and stickers (yes, the Busa kanjis have to go)... make it look like it could be sitting in a dealer's showroom somewhere. It's like selling a house... the potential buyers have to be able to see themselves in it so anything personal to you should be out of there. Classic staging technique.

And write your ad intelligently, use perfect English and grammar, sell the pros and downplay the cons. It's amazing how a poorly written ad can turn off a buyer... for me, if the ad is written like a text message (too many abbreviations, wording that only teens use, etc) I'm done before I start. If the seller can't take the time to write a professional ad, how did he handle the maintenance? If the pictures show cups, wrappers and random garbage on the floors, did the owner actually care enough to change the oil? If it's covered with No Fear (remember those?) and "Don't Laugh Your Daughter May Be In Here" stickers, forget it. The interior is probably a leather petri dish full of crusted teenage bodily fluids. Hard pass.

Are you sure you want to sell it though? It does rain for months on end here and your 'Busa isn't set up to be a good rain bike. And don't forget the brine they now spray on the 'frosty' roads here.... ugh. Without a car, you're on the bus with the homeless and addicts and covids and scumbags etc.... *shudder*

@hayabuser its a 5-speed. I have a gr8 (abr.) LOL. idea. I'll post the ad here...get a good critique then post it for sale. :thumbsup: No choice on the sale Bro...eating is about to become more important than driving. :p
Rubb.

The ad will be:

2005 Acura RSX
108,000 kilometers
Fully loaded:
cruise control
air conditioning
tilt steering
heated leather seats
sun roof
heated mirrors

All stock,mature owner
New tires
New brakes
New battery

Regular professional service
$ 7,900.oo
Thank you.

Thats $6000.oo USD. for you members south of the border.
Watcha think guys? I can post pics but you all know what a silver RSX looks like. I'll take pics tomorrow in the sun,freshly washed/waxed,interior detailed.

Rubb.

Thought I might have had an instant sale seeing him roll-up.

busa buyer 1.jpg

Ad was on local internet for-sale sight 5 minutes when he called.
Low offer. O well. We talked bikes for about 30 seconds...he seemed un-impressed by a Turbo Busa. :laugh:
Rubb.

....bastid. :moon:
Rubb.
I think i have to agree with stang on that one rubb :poke:. I mean once they come to look at the car they're gonna know better unless u have a stunt double to do the talking when possible buyers show up:laugh::laugh::lol:.
"Stunt double" that's awesome.
rofl.gif

I'm trying to be all nice and sweet and answer all of their stoopid endless questions and shiddy comments and.....oops,there I go again.
Time to hide the real Rubb...and bring out the nice,kind, friendly Rubb...

rotti gif.gif

"Oh,what's that...the car has some scratches in it...and you don't like those?"
"Let me just get a tool and buff those right out for you"

car buyer >
cursin.gif
< Rubb
crowbar.gif

No, I've been good...telling them to go think it over...I've been leaving them with a friendly sentiment...makes their faces all warm and fuzzy...

chuck norris.gif

Rubb.

***SOLD*** to an' 18 year old kid. Went with him to the insurance place to transfer,cancel my insurance,etc. So he insured it...young guy,new driver,the RSX is in the "sports car" category...ins. com. hit him up for $3,200 buckaroos for 1 years insurance on a 15 year old car. :laugh:
Rubb's cost...old guy/safe driver/LOL/discounts,etc...$900 buck for full year theft,fire,comp,collision.
O well...no more calls from dik-heads about the car. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

***SOLD*** to an' 18 year old kid. Went with him to the insurance place to transfer,cancel my insurance,etc. So he insured it...young guy,new driver,the RSX is in the "sports car" category...ins. com. hit him up for $3,200 buckaroos for 1 years insurance on a 15 year old car. :laugh:
Rubb's cost...old guy/safe driver/LOL/discounts,etc...$900 buck for full year theft,fire,comp,collision.
O well...no more calls from dik-heads about the car. :thumbsup:
Rubb.
The insurance cost for my 10 year old $12000 car is $380 per year for me, no accident history butstacks of speeding infringements historically.
That poor kid.... $3200 .... phew!

Back