Rubb's Hard Bag's(update)/Why Not To Use Couriers/Stoopid Cost's Money

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
OK,the short and not so sweet of Rubb's fiasco.
Sold the wrong bags to a member.No worries,I'll make it all good.
Never send anything to anybody anywhere by way of UPS,Purolator,FedEx,DHL,etc.Send thru your country's mail system(USPS,Canada Post,etc)if possible. Never had a problem.Chances are the pkg you are sending is on the same train,boat or plane as all the other pkg's being sent by way of private courier.
The fee's involved can be huge.Duty,taxes(GST,PST)Brokerage fee's,Freight Fee's,etc...all without free Vasoline.
ALWAYS mark the package "Gift."
And...The Run Down:
Rubb pays $800 for bags plus shipping? (? can't remember,we'll leave it out of the equation)
Rubb sells bags for $350 including shipping + packing.
Rubb buys bags back for $545 including shipping.
Rubb pays fee's on bags returning to Canada $148.74
The math... 800-350=450+545=995+148.74=1,143.74
$ 1,143.74 converted to Canadian Dollars....
$ 1,613.85 CDN for bags I have yet to enjoy.(thats the Rubb stoopid part of the thread topic)
All you can do is...

Rubb.

You and I went to the same economics class Rubb! I had a similar experience with BMW, but add a few zeros to the total!

You and I went to the same economics class Rubb! I had a similar experience with BMW, but add a few zeros to the total!
OUCH right. I just wanted to point out to the brothers to learn from my mistakes.
1. Make sure what you are parting with something you can live without,so you don't have to but it back at a later date.
2. Explore all shipping options,the seller may not care,but the buyer might.
3. Check currency exchange rates. I've been on both sides of this.With many trips abroad(insert joke here) I've paid for example + $1.60 for 1 USD. And vice versa. The Euro vs CDN. Etc.
Just trying to save my Bro's from the pain. :laugh:
Rubb.

OUCH right. I just wanted to point out to the brothers to learn from my mistakes.
1. Make sure what you are parting with something you can live without,so you don't have to but it back at a later date.
2. Explore all shipping options,the seller may not care,but the buyer might.
3. Check currency exchange rates. I've been on both sides of this.With many trips abroad(insert joke here) I've paid for example + $1.60 for 1 USD. And vice versa. The Euro vs CDN. Etc.
Just trying to save my Bro's from the pain. :laugh:
Rubb.
I was just about to type, make sure you ship the right thing in the first place to avoid all this.

Well you have the most expensive bags out there. You paid for the great memories and that is priceless. Saw some cool people help a little bit.
When I croak,I'm sure they will be proudly displayed in a Hayabusa museum somewhere.:laugh: "I remember that fuggin' idiot."
The boyz,including you, are always very cool eh Matt.:bowdown:
"Hayabusa hard bags ...$1635.85 ....the look on your face in the mirror...
PRICELESS." :redface: Good thing I have...Mastercard.
Rubb.

Yellow, I love you man...just one thing to say...
"You Monday Morning Quarterback Son-of-a-.....,"
Rubb.
...It's only Sunday here....

With the costs you incurred, you can now understand why some distributors on Amazon choose to just let you keep the wrong thing they sent you vice them paying to ship it back to them.

...It's only Sunday here....

With the costs you incurred, you can now understand why some distributors on Amazon choose to just let you keep the wrong thing they sent you vice them paying to ship it back to them.
You know it.They have so many ways to write things off on their books come tax time. They also rely on the fact that a lot of folks are cheap and/or lazy and have no desire to go thru the hassle of returning items.
There internet "cred" is far to valuable to them. It's easy for that accepted return time to just pass on by leaving gullable Rubb to just eat it. :redface: I made out OK with my last return,the offered me to keep the part and accept a 10% cash incentive.A few angry emails later, I got a 100% refund and got to keep the part,which I will install,it's not that bad.
Rubb.

Did you get them back yet?
Negative. They were being held until bail was posted (bail=import charges I beeched about up top ^)
They are only being given bread and water,with no conjugal visitation.
What a hassle at the UPS website. It wanted payment to be made thru Google or Facebook,Amazon or some such krap.Got a membership thru 1 of them...then the site would not accept my CC.Had to pay with PayPal.Quite the run-around.Anyway the call about the ransom demands from UPS for freedom of said bags came in to my "cell" on Friday.I paid immediately fearing for the safety of the bags. Right now they are cold,hungry and tired sitting in an' undisclosed location near Vancouver,B.C. having successfully negotiated a border crossing.We are hopeful for a safe return early this week. I can hardly wait to hold them in my arms again.
Rubb.

I've had the same issue with things sent ups and FedEx, like rub says, if your shipping from the US to Canada always ship USPS and Mark as gift, saves us from getting robbed on this end with taxes, duty and handling charges.

Back