Your Busa!

Just got my '08 last sunday, and plan to use it for everything except dirt! This bike is amazing; seems to play it however you want it! Just respect that power...

The orange/black ones are the fastest...btw...
coolold.gif

sport touring mostly

everyday use in the city i use a Piaggio Beverly 250cc scooter,20 euro a month for petrol
busa needs WAYYYYYYYYYYYY more than that

If I want to go out and hit the twisties I take the Busa. If I want to cruise around or take a longer ride? No if and's or but's, I take ZX14. Long rides on the Busa makes my back, ass, knees and wrists hurt.

i use mine for everything. 1 up or 2 up to work 110 miles one way. the wifey is very comfy on the back.i carve corners with it pretty well no chicken strips at all, my friend on a zx 10 is quite suprised how well the busa will do even with the wife on the back. and without a doubt the busa is the best looking bike money can buy. just get it and it will do anything you want it to do.

puppies_011.jpg

If I want to go out and hit the twisties I take the Busa. If I want to cruise around or take a longer ride? No if and's or but's, I take ZX14. Long rides on the Busa makes my back, ass, knees and wrists hurt.
I don't quite understand that, my Busa and I can ride all day long with any discomfort.  I recently rode from Mobile Alabama to Sale Creek TN (462 miles) in 6.5 hours in driving rain.  I made two stops for gas and one stop to wave bye to my friend D03 in Montgomery.

This was my third trip to Mobile area in a year on the Busa it is a great crusing bike
smile.gif

Maybe it's because I'm still so young...I'm only 57
winkold.gif

IMG_0143.jpg

I use my Busa to ensure our local sheriff's department and highway patrol never get bored.
crazy.gif
I think the SOB's have a tracking device on the bike !
guns.gif

I will use mine to terrify myself and anybody around me while im on its a silly question coz thats what they where built for !!!!!!!!!!!!
argue.gif

All enquiries to.

Find a body part
PO box 28457
WHATHAPPENED
DIDNTEXPECTTHAT
POORSOD
NEVERLAND

Was My dialy rider..now mostly My race bike..but still ride it on the street sometimes//

having another bike makes that work for Me!!

Well, you simply CAN NOT go wrong with buying you a new Busa! I "use" mine for everything. Carving up back roads, commuting for fun, 2 up with whatever hot chick I can find to ride with me, taking my kids for rides, mental therapy....you name it. Welcome! And a I hope you can enjoy your new "BUSA-LIFE" as much as I do!
I'm 50 years old, 6 ft tall and weigh 180lbs. I find the Busa very comfortable on long trips for a sports bike, but of course I have an 800ss too...Now THAT's an uncomfortable bloody bike!

-1 on getting sore as f%ck on th busa.

I am 6' 2" 240lbs and it is a very easy for me to ride 3-400 miles a day without getting sore. I mean hell thats only 3 hours of riding.
winkold.gif

Weekend canyon-carving and cruising. Hope to do some touring when the weather gets better. It's the best stress-reducer I have ever experienced.

016b.jpg

It will smoke the tire in 1st on dry pavement from a roll, I do that a lot.

It will wheelie like crazy, I do that a whole lot.

I hang off in the corners and it is kinda squirrely and drifts a bit, that is a butt load of fun.

With a little help it will fishtail for a long ways in 2nd, that's pretty fun.

It slides thru on windy days real good, the windshield and faring offer a lot of protection, I just tuck and let it rip.

It will run like stink in a straight line, I did 170 indicated in 5th thursday evening.

It has a bunch of good and a bunch of bad points.

Busa is not for everyone, just take it for what it is and you can have a large time on it.

Be careful and cover yourself in quality gear from your toes to the hair on your head.

Clean and lube your chain and adjust as needed after every ride, check your oil, clean your wheels, wipe your bike down and shine it before every ride.

Say a prayer for protection before every ride and after every ride give thanks.

How's that for unsolicited advice, I'm 53, busa is my 33rd bike, still having very major fun.

It's a great lifelong sport if you handle it right.

Dear Billy

I bought mine to pep me up after sitting at the computer for too long. I'm about to have my first child in August, and I riding bikes is something I wanted to do before getting chained to the house.

I'm trying to use her as a sport tourer, but I need Helibars, Buell pegs, and a cruise control to do that. She's just too uncomfortable for long sessions in the saddle. I can do about two forty-five minute sessions and then half-hour sessions. I need frequent breaks to stretch my legs and get the feeling back in my hands.

Most everyone here will advise you not to purchase a 'Busa as a first bike. I agree with them. But if you do, keep her in Drive Mode C for your first month of ownership. Drive Mode C cuts the power by about thirty percent.

The 'Busa's power is intoxicating and insidious. If you aren't very careful, you'll find yourself entering a decreasing-radius turn at triple-digit speeds. The 'Busa plays with 100mph as easily as your car plays with 20mph.

Respect the 'Busa's power or she will kill you.

I think a lot of you might find the Busa uncomfortable on long trips is because you have short legs or short arms and its more of a strain on your back to reach the handle bars.
It really helps if your at least 6' or over and have longer arms.
cool.gif

Back