Your Busa!

I was just wondering how most of ya use you Busa?

Do you use it for drag racing or street racing?

Do you you use it for Sport-touring?

The reason im asking these questions is because im thinking of getting an 08 Hayabusa and i dont want to get it for the wrong reason?

If i get a Hayabusa, I would mostly be using it for just everyday riding cruizing around, going to the beach, looking cool, picking up chicks,country and city riding. Theres alot of open road and country where i live.

I think the Hayabusa is definatly one of the best looking sports bikes out ther, I dont know why people make fun of the rear end of the busa, the busa looks alot better than the ZX-14.

Thanks everyone.
woot.gif

Im curiuos why would you even think of getting one in the first place.
All of us have them for a myriad of reasons, my feelings are that most of us are too big for a 1K. Im 6ft. 4 at 260.

I look like a monkey humping a football on a 1K
laugh.gif

Because i can, thats why. And its a good looking bike.

I think a lot of you might find the Busa uncomfortable on long trips is because you have short legs or short arms and its more of a strain on your back to reach the handle bars.
It really helps if your at least 6' or over and have longer arms.
cool.gif
I'm 5'9" and can ride my 05 comfortably all day. I think your statement may be true for the 08. I sat on one and it seems to be designed for folks taller than me.

i use mine as a get away from stress and the kids and wife hear and there lol

everyday riding , been long cruises ( one was over 8000 miles ) , and been to the strip !

everyday riding , been long cruises ( one was over 8000 miles ) , and been to the strip !

I'm 5 ft. 10 inches, and find the bike comfortable. However, I have raised the bars with the one-inch spacers, which helped (they are cheaper than the GenMar risers, and accomplish the same thing). You can also put a couple of washers on the rearmost spacers to tilt the bars up slightly at the bar ends, which helps even more. The riding position is now noticeably more comfortable than it was with the bars in the stock position. Personally, I don't like "riding on my wrists." It gets tiresome very quickly. If you're not in your 20s, why put up with that nonsense? I also put a Hotbodies windshield on it, which is a little taller than the stock piece. Those are all mods that I highly recommend to make the bike more user-friendly. I also put a complete Yoshi exhaust system on mine. It gets rid of 35 pounds of excess weight, and the bike now sounds absolutely fantastic (not to mention making nine more horsepower at the rear wheel).

I use mine for cruising on the weekends with some buddies. It definitely looks better than the zx-14. It might just be my height (6'0"), but I don't think I could go longer than an hour ride on this bike, I have the soupy's risers to help a little with relieving some stress on my lower back, but it still isn't that comfortable. Sorry to be so negative.
I use mine just to ride and enjoy. I to have back trouble and that is one of the reasons that i bought mine. It does not hurt me to ride it! 2 years ago i had a disk put in my back with 6 screws in my spine and it hurts 24/7. My busa is about the only thing i can do and enjoy life anymore. It lets me think about other things besides the pain i am in and i am thankful to a friend of mine for letting me ride his to see if it would hurt my back. I have a tank bag and i lay on it if the pain get to bad but for me its the only bike to have. Lots of power and looks good to. You might try the Tobin seat. It might help with the pain. I also put a set of Helibars on mine and it made a world of difference. Good luck, Doug

DSC_0004RS.jpg

I've had mine 4 months... and 6500miles later, I find myself riding it everywhere! I ride to work daily, (live in jacksonville, FL) have been to Miami, Orlando, and all over the surrounding towns (daytona a couple times)... planning to ride to myrtle beach in May for bike week. Not the most comfortable bike to ride long distance, but definatly one of the most comfortable sport bikes out there for long distance... If I can just get a comfy seat, I could ride for hours on end... my ass is usually the only thing that hurts after a couple hours on the bike.

Back