Yoshimura vs. Two Brothers

bigc70

Registered
Hey .org. I have the 2008 blue/gold 'Busa that is completley stock plus frame sliders and a Scorpio i900 alarm system. I'm about to start modding her out so that she can be ready for spring. The big mod that I want is a new exhaust. I know I def want slip ons. I have it narrowed down to the Two Brothers carbon fiber and the Yoshi Carbon fiber. Compare and contrast please. I was leaning toward the Two Brothers, but a couple of people have told me that they are primarily made for Honda's and are not so good with Suzuki's. ANY advice would be great! Thanx in advance!!!:newbie:

Two-bros... I love the sound from them (very deep and throaty), but you get ZERO power gains from them... ask me how I know :whistle:

I have also heard Ti-Force are good, and Brocks makes slip-ons as well and they have great products too....

Maybe someone else will chime in with more experience on the others...

I have the Two Brothers setup and have been very happy with them on short trips. (40 - 50 miles) When the weather warms up a bit, I'll probably put the solid rocket boosters back on because the Ear Comfort is a little better. I have worn ear plugs ever since I put on the Two Brothers. They sound awesome, but wear me down on longer runs.

I have the yoshi r77 full system with the ti can. Lost 33lbs. of weight and the power is noticeable in the mid to upper end!

Two Bros sound a lot better than Yosh, IMO. Very deep throaty sound. I have a full system, but the slipons sound just like them.

If you're going slipons, that's what I'd do. Mine are the older ones, the new ones have better looking tips and black carbon fiber...can't get the white/gold carbon fiber anymore.

Full systems is a whole 'nother ball game.

Here's a clip of my '03, the Gen II would sound the same.

th_2brosmontage.jpg

Last edited:
I have R-77's (Slip on's) I think they sound great, but you should just go with whatever YOU like. Your the one paying for it and your the one that has to live with it...:thumbsup:
DSC01473.JPG

DSC01474.JPG

DSC01475.JPG

DSC01473.JPG

DSC01474.JPG

DSC01475.JPG

I have the Yoshi R77 Carbons too. I love both the looks and the sound which are the only reasons to buy slipons. All a matter of taste of course. Buy whichever looks the prettiest on your bike to your eye. All of them sound better than the originals and are WAYYYYY lighter (you'll really feel the difference).

Why did you go with slip ons vs full system? Do you or anyone else have a sound clip of the R77??? Have you had a problem with the carbon "fading"?

Thanks man! Bike looks great.

I went with the Slip-Ons because I personally like the Busa with the Dual Pipe look. As for the fading, mine have not faded, but mine is only outside when I ride it, other that that it is in the Garage.

I wouldn't waste the money on slip-on's....get a full system if you are going to spend that kind of money.... ;)

Get rid of the duals and go for one! Really cleans up the look :thumbsup:

IMG_4033.jpg

Busa6.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Zee
slip ons are a waste of money. get a full system.

How so?

Because there is little, if any power increase in a motorcycle that only the most experienced professional rider can use even close to its full potential on the street anyway?

Sheesh!

Buy whichever looks and sounds the best to your eye and ear and fits best with your budget.

Ultimately its up to individuals,for my preference for looks yes i would go for the HMF high mount dual set up.For more torque,mid range,faster response and weight savings is the definelty a 4-2-1 full system set up.Thats for me right now

Back