Yoshimura to release a Street Tornado Busa!

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
As we all know the man with the handlebar mustache builds a trick Kaw called a Muzzy Raptor. Not to be out done Yosh Japan is building some special street projectiles based off their victorious Suzuka Tornado Hayabusa.

What it means is 25 - 30 Yosh Japan street bikes are heading to the US and will be sold through Yosh USA, they will be shod with Ohlins and special fuel tanks and Endurance bodywork amongst other trick parts.
Cost estimated to be 25-30K.

Who said the Hayabusa is not the King of the Road, ZX12r that one!

...you gonna get one of them? I'll still spank ya! (but not on my DR...I might actualy NEED the Busa for that one) Whuts the word on the RC51? If that lot sells I might get a TL100R to play...w/o the $80,000 factory kit , the RC should prove vunerable to the TL...I can't see where one has any advantage over the other, except that the TL has proven to be a comfortable mount, where as the RC seat looks like a painful after thought...

Dont worry buddy, I'm heading up the political action commitee to persuade muzzy to answer with a tricked out 12 with even more impressive race componentry. Stay tuned. Touche'

Kawabuser,

When and how can one be obtained? And is it the same one as the black and red unit that they have photographed?

Thanks

Kawabuser I would be interested in some carbon fiber bodywork for the ZX12R. I have been doing some looking around on the internet at some different places, and I think I found at least 1 or 2 that will make whatever piece you want if you send them a mold or the original. I know you posted something along the same lines several months back. Advanced Composites or something like that, I don't remember the name....

Yep, that's the one.
Think I posted pics of it on the other site that I got from my Yosh Japan contact.
BTW, she told me it would be called X-1 in Japan, but maybe that's because of some other bikes like Honda's X-4 and X-11 and those names were deemed inappropriate for US?

Omega and Rockman, send me an email and I will explain further. The ZX12 bodywork is on the drawing board (I mean really on the drawing board).

A-TECH is the company which produces the bodywork for Kawasaki's factory world superbike team. Concept drawings were recieved yesterday and look fantastic. Almost good enough to make me add a X12 to the collection. Time will tell.

Maybe I was a bit premature there.

Will have to wait for more detailed specs as the pics I got middle of December only show mods like pipe, tank and bodywork (no matter how beautiful already).

So no Ohlins and nothing to justify 25-30K.

Will check with my contact.

Animal the photos's you have are probably of the bike they showed at "Fisco" when Yosh-Japan met with the HOC (Hayabusa Owners Club). The bike shown in those photos wore stock wheels and suspension, but sported an endurance tank, dual headlight bodywork, and solo tail.

The $25,000 version should be coming with a little more than that to justify the big bucks.

Omega - Would you be interested in Carbon Fiber ZX12 body parts including the ram air duct? I will have something for you in April.

My intentions for the 12 consist of TI pipe w/race can, PC2, filter, Some trimming and personalizing and thats about it. Maybe a front sprocket change. Of course I'm taking the first one that arrives which means powdercoating the red rims black or painting the whole bike if green. What color would you suggest?

OMEGA, I have some interesting ZX12 paint schemes if you send me an email, I will return them to you. One looks so good it made me think about buying a 12, it is a lot better than what Kawasaki sells.

hemillard@snet.net

I am just waiting for Bimota to release theyr SB9 with a Hayabusa engine.
I have owned one Bimota before ( YB6 ) as well as 3 Nico Bakkers ( the last one can be seen on labusas page )and I like the feeling of driving something that only a few does. Even if I dont think it will be any better it will for sure be special.

Back