I want to set a bike up for the Salt flats

RoadRaceIt

Registered
Frame & Motor fit question
I have built and roadrace GSXRs since the early 90s. I have always wanted to set a bike up for the Salt flats. I want to start my Salt Flats project and need some Hayabusa experienced advice. Any info, web links or places to get technical info would be really helpful.
The Goal - Set up a Hayabusa to try and get in the Salt flats 200MPH club.
Some questions.
Are Hayabusa main frames all the same. I other words, could you take a 2008 motor and bolt it into an older frame?
Is there any year motor that is better to start with?
Do any of you out there in the North East / East have stuff for sale – a crashed bike, a roller, motor, frame, bodywork ….
The bike I build will not be on the street so a clean title is not necessary.
Any info would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Alex
RoadRaceIt@gmail.com

The frames are the same, the subframes are different.

+1, The only difference is that the gen2 frame has an extra hole in it below the front of the tank on each side, the gen2 fairing has a plastic pin that pops into a grommet in each hole.
The gen1 and 2 engine external dimensions are the same also.
A gen2 has 18/43 gearing and a 50 series tire. It needs 18/41 gearing or a 55 series tire to break 200mph.
The factory 186mph limiter must be removed also. There are several ways, the best would be the ecu editor, but Smith also sells a switch for $32 that will remove the limiter only. The 99,00,and 01 models have some differences including ecu's. 02 to 07 gen1's are all the same and work with the ecu editor, 99 to 01 models can be upgraded. 99 and 00 models are unrestricted and are capable of 194mph stock. 300kmph/186mph restriction was put in place by Japanese bike makers in 01.

boostbysmith.com - Home

Back