Yoshimura R77 slip on.

Carson1873

Registered
G'day all. Just new to the forum. I want to know EXACTLY what tool/s I need to remove the silencers/baffles on my Yoshi R77 slip on exhausts. Cheers KYPD

Not sure what you're asking here.

There is a repack video on yoshi's site.

Pretty simple just drill out the rivets, pull it apart and swap out the backing and reassemble with new rivets.

The R77 comes with extra silencer tubes. If installed all you have to do is remove the allen screw and pull them right out. I used mine one time and it quiets things down quite a bit but the R77s are not that loud without them so I left them out.

^^^^what he said. Take the silencer out unless you like that stock exhaust sound. I love my dual r77 carbons, I heard the Brock's and voodoo and damn talk about loud. I would love those but the attention from cops Makes them unwanted by me.. Remember the Allen screw is behind the little round rubber peice on the flat side of exhaust facing the tire.

Correct, remove the rubber grommet and remove the allen screw, the silencer will then pull out.

Thanks people for the advice, however I've tried allen keys both metric and imperial and cannot remove the screw. I'm only guessing that the previous owner or somebody else has had a go prior to me and rounded off the head of the screw. This is the very reason I asked 'exactly' what type of tool is required. I really do not want to drill them out unless it's a last resort. Cheers KYPD

I removed one of the exhausts today and tried every 'allen' key in my possession of which there are at least 30. I still cannot remove the screw. it would seem that it is one of two things. Either the head has been rounded off the screw or it's NOT an allen key. I might have to drill them out but do not wish to! Cheers. KYPD

Do you have the EPA compliant R77 or the race version. The EPA version has the screw spot welded in place. Look closely, if it's EPA compliant you may have to drill them out anyway.

drill them out, thats what i had to do. even an easy out wont remove the screw they are welded in

Thanks to all for the advice I've just got online as I write. Earlier today I drilled them out with a brand new set of expensive drills (I didn't pay for them). Job done and she sounds a lot better. Going for a ride tomorrow for a couple of hundred kms so I'll see what difference if any it has made. Cheers KYPD

Back