Dual R77 slip-ons fit a Yoshi 4>1 header

ottafish

Registered
This maybe the most dumbest question ever asked here, but I'm trying to figure this out and have done my fair share of searching.
Next step is an email to Yoshi themselves..
But:

If I have the factory headers, (with the feet warming cat option), and a set of R77 slip-on's and want to change to a Yoshi 4>1 header, can I use the RHS slip-on with the new header? Or is the pipe routing different with a different mid-pipe section?

Sorry for the dumb question. Just working out the best way to go during my upgrade adventure
Cheers Karl

This is similar to my current dilemma. I have a Ti-Force 4-2-1 NOT mounted at the moment because the R-77 can does not fit. In my case, the fix would be a custom midpipe that can accommodate the terminating angle difference in Ti header (and R-77) v OEM, as well as the diff in pipe diameters. There's also some debate about whether to let the R-77 hang all by itself off the header (probably not), or make the new modded midpipe long enough to meet up with the existing hanger hardware. (or more hardware to make a shorter midpipe work)

I'm currently (but not aggressively) shopping for a place that can make such a midpipe, and will compare that cost to the cost of a new can mf'd specific for Ti 4-2-1 headers. You'd think a custom midpipe would be way cheaper than a new can, but... it's difficult to map out the specific dimension (and bends) of that replacement midpipe without having the Ti header on it. Which means to achieve any decent precision I'd have to mount the Ti, then ride it around with NO can, or have it trucked around. My fix to this problem isn't much better: mount the Ti header, take lots of photos of it, then return the OEM header and R-77, and shop virtually/digitally, showing the photos to custom exhaust shops. Anyone who's ever pulled/mounted headers knows it's not difficult-technical, just difficult-timewise. Which is why I'm not aggressively shopping for a solution. Meanwhile, that sweet Ti header that weighs about a third of the OEM with cat is just sitting on a dresser in my bedroom, taunting me.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
The difference here is-he wants to go to a Yosh 4-2-1 and wants to use an existing R-77 can, The Yosh system appears to use the same can as the slip on R-77.

Yosh makes mid pipes for this application so in theory, he should be able to purchase the mid pipe and use the R-77 can.

I can see where a Ti Force system would have different angles than a Yosh system so it would be more of a challenge to link those two together.

This maybe the most dumbest question ever asked here, but I'm trying to figure this out and have done my fair share of searching.
Next step is an email to Yoshi themselves..
But:

If I have the factory headers, (with the feet warming cat option), and a set of R77 slip-on's and want to change to a Yoshi 4>1 header, can I use the RHS slip-on with the new header? Or is the pipe routing different with a different mid-pipe section?

Sorry for the dumb question. Just working out the best way to go during my upgrade adventure
Cheers Karl

Υou could buy the Vance & Hines headers, and have a complete dual exhaust system.
The R77 slip ons fit without any modifications.
Vance & Hines Performance Header for Hayabusa 2008-2019 | 20% ($140.00) Off!

Back