Yoshimura R-77 Exhaust -2008 Busa

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
It appears there wil be no dual full exhaust systems for the 2008 from Yoshimura - yet anyway .

08_busa_header.jpg

Hmm if you look at the pic you posted, it's a duel exhust on that bike.... at least it looks that way.

EDIT: Forget it, read the link after i posted...

Why would the exhaust be different for the 08 than the pre-08? Mounting points different ? Radiator may be different too?

I think the aftermarket (Yoshi anyway) is making their pipes STREET LEGAL, which they arn't now. With States clamping down on bike exhaust (look at Denver - NO exhaust that doesn't meet dot regs, which rules out ALL exhaust except stock) and Europe requiring them to meet manufacture regs. we're going to see some big changes ! But, I think for the better. Meaning, MORE POWER, good sound, less weight and legal everywhere  
beerchug.gif

In alabama,seems like we don't care about emissions,or sound.We don't even have inspections yet!
brave.gif
?

I wonder what those mid-pipes will hike the price to ?

Not just the catalyst type . It's looking like all the mufflers will come with new mids . The catalyst type might be  very expensive

(mountainmotor @ Aug. 03 2007,13:37) It appears there wil be no dual full exhaust systems for the 2008 from Yoshimura - yet anyway .

08_busa_header.jpg
Those look good...that bikes looking better and better all the time
wink.gif

(DaCol. @ Aug. 03 2007,20:55) I think the aftermarket (Yoshi anyway) is making their pipes STREET LEGAL, which they arn't now. With States clamping down on bike exhaust (look at Denver - NO exhaust that doesn't meet dot regs, which rules out ALL exhaust except stock) and Europe requiring them to meet manufacture regs. we're going to see some big changes ! But, I think for the better. Meaning, MORE POWER, good sound, less weight and legal everywhere  
beerchug.gif
I'm not so sure about the more power part. I doubt restricting them down noise wise will allow the same power gains we get now. I'm gonna hope for the best tho
wink.gif

It will be expensive to meet DOT specs, and wouldn't that defeat the purpose
rock.gif
who's going to pay 2K for similar sound and very little if any HP gain
rock.gif

rock.gif

(The Big Red One @ Aug. 07 2007,15:13)
(DaCol. @ Aug. 03 2007,20:55) I think the aftermarket (Yoshi anyway) is making their pipes STREET LEGAL, which they arn't now. With States clamping down on bike exhaust (look at Denver - NO exhaust that doesn't meet dot regs, which rules out ALL exhaust except stock) and Europe requiring them to meet manufacture regs. we're going to see some big changes ! But, I think for the better. Meaning, MORE POWER, good sound, less weight and legal everywhere  
beerchug.gif
I'm not so sure about the more power part. I doubt restricting them down noise wise will allow the same power gains we get now. I'm gonna hope for the best tho  
wink.gif
Well I heard all those complaints and worries back in the late 60's when the Government came down on the auto industry. Gone were the big HP CARS, Nope !!!! We've got 450 to 500 Hp cars now that meet both sound, MPG and emission regs along with being 100%  more reliable than my 427/450 Hp 66 Vette
biggrin.gif
. Just like F1, the governing body makes rules to slow the cars down (groves in tires-Nope, they're faster now) , smaller engines with 8 cyl not 10 (NOPE, they're faster now) , wheelbase change (longer--AGAIN NOPE they're faster now) !! So, whatever the regs say, engineers will meet both performance and hp improvements along with meeting the new regs. Sound might change (dbs) , but the low rumble will still be there . When money is to be made and people want it, I have faith in the Engineers and their profit motives
jump9.gif

(DaCol. @ Aug. 07 2007,16:44)
(The Big Red One @ Aug. 07 2007,15:13)
beerchug.gif
wink.gif
Well I heard all those complaints and worries back in the late 60's when the Government came down on the auto industry. Gone were the big HP CARS, Nope !!!! We've got 450 to 500 Hp cars now that meet both sound, MPG and emission regs along with being 100%  more reliable than my 427/450 Hp 66 Vette
biggrin.gif
. Just like F1, the governing body makes rules to slow the cars down (groves in tires-Nope, they're faster now) , smaller engines with 8 cyl not 10 (NOPE, they're faster now) , wheelbase change (longer--AGAIN NOPE they're faster now) !! So, whatever the regs say, engineers will meet both performance and hp improvements along with meeting the new regs. Sound might change (dbs) , but the low rumble will still be there . When money is to be made and people want it, I have faith in the Engineers and their profit motives
jump9.gif
You have a point....even with the tighter and tighter regulations worldwide the bike companies are still making the bikes faster and faster. The only drawback I see is the damn exhaust cans are becoming HUGE
wow.gif

Back