Yoshimura R-77

Yo Mate, my hearing is fine thanks. With the baffles in, it sounds very quiet like the stock pipe. Ran Yosh on my R1's for the past many years and they did get growlier after I broke em in.

I think you may need to have your hearing tested. Stock?

Not even close mate!

Yo Mate, my hearing is fine thanks. With the baffles in, it sounds very quiet like the stock pipe. Ran Yosh on my R1's for the past many years and they did get growlier after I broke em in.

We'll have to disagree there. Even with the baffles in, the Yoshi sounds MUCH deeper, growlier, and louder than stock. Louder still with the baffles out admittedly, but way too loud for me (and, more importantly, my neighbours early on a Sunday morning when I like to ride the best).

Looks great on the 08

yosh.jpg

Hi all
Gents are these much of an issue to put on a Gen1, personally I don't think anything comes close thats currently available...and dayem! they look good.
Cheers

So aside from looking awesome on the Gen II's, power wise...are they comparable to the TiForce or Orient Xpress?

They are just slipons so power gains are all going to be so small it's not really a consideration IMHO. What I like about the R77's is that they fix a basic problem I have always had with the back end of the Busa. The "hump" makes the back end very heavy and it hangs out way past the rear wheel. It almost looks like the wheel is too far forward and not centered under the "fender". One way of fixing this is to do a 3-4" stretch, but let's just say I have a real allergy to stretching a bike that already has a wheel base approaching 60".

The Yoshi's solve this because 1) they are just the right length to hide the part of the wheel that looks to far forward and 2) they angle up slightly filling the void between the fender and the wheel. I didn't realize this when I bought the R77's but after hundreds of photos I realize what a great aesthetic fix the R77's are.

On top of that, the shape of the R77's really fits the Busa and the sound is polite but aggressive. The full header sounds even more snarly, but that means going to a single can which would reduce the aesthetic magic the R77's do for the Busa's booty.

Now I'm now saying the R77's are the only slipons that do this, I just really love their look and quality build. Besides Suzuki and Yoshimura go together like Ducati and Tamburini.

Stock vs R77 Exhaust.jpg

You my friend, are going to find out in a wonderful way...

:brave:

The first day I got my full R-77..... WOW ! I slept with them that night, the missus got home late, jumped into bed and got the shock of her life >>> cold steel between us ! :rofl:

Last edited:
They are just slipons so power gains are all going to be so small it's not really a consideration IMHO. What I like about the R77's is that they fix a basic problem I have always had with the back end of the Busa. The "hump" makes the back end very heavy and it hangs out way past the rear wheel. It almost looks like the wheel is too far forward and not centered under the "fender". One way of fixing this is to do a 3-4" stretch, but let's just say I have a real allergy to stretching a bike that already has a wheel base approaching 60".

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was wondering more or less on the full single exit compared to a TiForce or others...

How you take out the baffles?

Actually I believe they are referring to the silencer, it's actually an option from Yoshi but to take it out just remove the black cap on the side of the pipe in the rear, this exposes the screw, the silencer will slide out. I took mine out while the pipe was still on the bike and had no issue with the screw failing into the pipe.

I have to admit that you are quite right. I never realized what a huge difference in looks between the two. It's worth the money for that alone without taking the more pleasing exhaust sound into consideration.

The Yoshi's solve this because 1) they are just the right length to hide the part of the wheel that looks to far forward and 2) they angle up slightly filling the void between the fender and the wheel. I didn't realize this when I bought the R77's but after hundreds of photos I realize what a great aesthetic fix the R77's are.

On top of that, the shape of the R77's really fits the Busa and the sound is polite but aggressive. The full header sounds even more snarly, but that means going to a single can which would reduce the aesthetic magic the R77's do for the Busa's booty.

Now I'm now saying the R77's are the only slipons that do this, I just really love their look and quality build. Besides Suzuki and Yoshimura go together like Ducati and Tamburini.

I put the stainless slip ons on my 09 white and I love them! Very satisfied - only problem is I'm now thinking of putting a full system on - I'm not sure about the single can - I like the dual look.

:laugh:

Back