yikes almost dropped my busa!!

justa-busa-girl

Registered
After a few hours of cleaning my bike up to a spotless shine i decided to take it for a quick ride before i put it back in the garage. We are haveing road work done so i decided to turn around and go back home when i saw the road was being tared, well for the first time in my life i about droped it, i was going to slow, turned to short and the bike just fell to the left side before i even had a chance to realize what i had done. OH dear god i about **** my pants let me tell ya , it was all i had in me to get it stood back up. I looked like one of those guys lefting weights, my legs were trembling,. I swear i could see pictures of my poor bike scratched up in my head!!! It was a good leason never get to comfortable, always pay attention to what you are doing. Any way i so happy i didnt hurt my baby... and GOD thank you for giving me strong legs!!!

Gets real heavy when tilted over dont it?
Hope you didnt hurt your back.

you arnt a kiddin its heavy lol, I absalutly could not believe that it was that freakin hard to get back up, lol im not the worlds strongest woman,but im a farm girl and am use to heavy lifting but WOW. I ve saw friends drop thier bikes and i just couldnt believe they were so careless because im kinda anal about being carefull with my stuff .but like i said it was a good leason learned.

When the front wheel is turned it will fall over real easy. Dont ask me how I know that ! Glad you didnt have any damage :beerchug:

if you curl with your hand on the bottom handle and push with your other hand on the top handle and throw a thigh by the tank and help push...its alot easyer. but good save... i almost dropped mine thursday. was cleaning the chain on my jack stands and my 12 yr old daughter was on the left side and for some reason it rocked forward and tipped towards her ... she caught it and i threw a leg over and together we pryed it back up. (damn rotator cuff still not strong enough on right shoulder)

Have you attended a Basic Rider Course offered through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation?

It's grueling, especially in the summer heat, but they teach you how to do those slow speed u-turns safely without putting feet down. The make you do figure 8s within the confines of a box outline on the pavement. I think on the riding portion of the final exam they take 2 feet off the width of the box!

Basic technique is this:
1. Use the clutch to keep the engine pulling the bike (controlled and in combination with throttle and brakes, you'll find the bike wants to stand up).
2. Use the throttle to keep the revs up, see 1. (gyroscopic effect of engine helps the bike upright)
3. Counter weight, lean the bike but keep you body upright, maybe even move your butt to the outside edge of the seat.
4. Use the rear brake to control you speed, ride the rear brake through the turn while using the clutch and engine to keep the bike pulling / moving.

Good save... you are definitely right- the busa is a HEAVY dude trying to make a super slow turn around...I've had it get heavy on me before while doing a turnaround in the road....I live on those little country roads with little traffic... had to put the ol' left foot down really quick a couple of times:laugh:

Have you attended a Basic Rider Course offered through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation?

It's grueling, especially in the summer heat, but they teach you how to do those slow speed u-turns safely without putting feet down. The make you do figure 8s within the confines of a box outline on the pavement. I think on the riding portion of the final exam they take 2 feet off the width of the box!

Basic technique is this:
1. Use the clutch to keep the engine pulling the bike (controlled and in combination with throttle and brakes, you'll find the bike wants to stand up).
2. Use the throttle to keep the revs up, see 1. (gyroscopic effect of engine helps the bike upright)
3. Counter weight, lean the bike but keep you body upright, maybe even move your butt to the outside edge of the seat.
4. Use the rear brake to control you speed, ride the rear brake through the turn while using the clutch and engine to keep the bike pulling / moving.

i appericate it, but yes ive been riding all my life and this is the first time this has happened, my point is that even when you think youll never drop the bike and that you have lots of experience things can still bite you in the butt!!

Basic technique is this:

I was forced to take this course to ride on a government installation, I complained the whole time until I got out there. I really did learn a lot and the slow speed stuff was good fun. NOW that was on the 250cc bikes they make you use. I do try to mimic some of the techniques on my newer 'busa and it scares the hell outta me most of the time. The 'busa let's face it is heavy as hell. I've saved mine quite a few times, mostly from going low speed and having to hit the break with the wheel turned slightly. It throws the weight all out of wack. I've been lucky, but I do need frame sliders on this new 'busa. just can't decide whether to cut the plasic or get extensions???

Back