Yet another fuel issue

jumbodingo

Registered
So I kinda have the same fuel related problems that others have posted about. I own a 2000 Busa with full Yosh single sided exhaust and power commander. The only other mods are that the PAIR was removed and blocked of an a manual CCT installed. I had the bike dyno'd and custom mapped about 2 years ago. The problems came on slow but is now out of control. There is no power below about 2500rpm. At start up, it is had to keep an idle for the first 15 or so seconds. after a full warm up, pulling away from a curb there is just no power at all. coffing spuddering or what ever you want to call it, she just barely goes. I need many rpm any slow clutch release. At about 2700rpm and rolling and no longer feathering the clutch, magic happens. Its like a fuel map change at that moment and I am at full power and no issues. I tend to ride at 75 to 85 mph in 4th or 5th and with this starting problem, I also can feel a little lag in throttle response when I am at speed.(Just a little lag) I will be looking at the TPS in the morning thanks to some other post, but I wanted to get this out there (here) in case this info that I gave is a specific issue that someone may know about.
I will try to stay tuned to this site any reply as soon as I can with more information or results found. I am how ever limited on computer time as I work from noon till very late which gives me even less time to work on my bike. I have no garage and only a few tools but I do have a strong will to ride.
Thanks to all who read this and for any input you may have. Terry

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better.
I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better
than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…â€￾ ~Hunter S. Thompson

A few things since you didn't mention doing anything to it yet.

You have a 2000, right? 12 years old.

Have you checked or replaced the fuel filter?
When did you change spark plugs?
Have you ever looked at the injectors?
How old is the battery?
Have you ever used Sea Foam?

How many miles are on it?

Maybe this is the beginning of the 2012 apocalypse. All the Busas are starting to die and that is not a world worn living in.

Mine runs great.I would unhook the PC and see what happens.I hear of them going bad and causing weird issues.Also check plugs, etc like what was mentioned.Seafoam is great stuff

Back