yet another curiosity question

pbghost

Registered
was wondering if it's possible / has anyone added an oil pressure guage on thier busa so they wouldn't have to rely on the idiot light.

yes
beerchug.gif
plus the idiot light doesn't come on until it's waaay to late.

Basically, you can run the oil pressure gauge line right off of where the oil pressure switch is. Or T it off and have both.

how did you hook it up (remote) , is it a standard guage / sending unit package, or mix & match. thanks for the input. I hate idiot lights, been leary relying on it for the last 8 years.
beerchug.gif

mine is a mix n match setup. I tee'd where the OE sensor is. added a short oil line and just bundled the pressure sensor with the rest of my wirring. This was it doesn't get all of the vibes from the engine.

how did you hook it up (remote) , is it a standard guage / sending unit package, or mix & match. thanks for the input. I hate idiot lights, been leary relying on it for the last 8 years.
beerchug.gif
by remote, I think he mounted the sensor away from the motor.. a piece of AN line or suitable oil pressure line from the motor, to the sensor (sensor tied to frame or floating?) Removes the sensor from engine vibrations..

beerchug.gif
by remote, I think he mounted the sensor away from the motor.. a piece of AN line or suitable oil pressure line from the motor, to the sensor (sensor tied to frame or floating?) Removes the sensor from engine vibrations..
thumb_up.gif
that's the ticket
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Back