Yamaha Pulls Out Of World Superbike

Hmmm.. That is not a good thing for motorcycling in general..

that is shocking. wonder whats gonna happen in MotoGP? also i thought i heard during the races yesterday the WSBK was changing the rules to make it more affordable to run a bike next year. whatever affordable is to those guys.

Well I enjoyed what I watched of it yesterday. Their team did well. Apparently the R's aren't selling ???

i think times are hard for everyone. the local market doesnt look to good for the r at all. seems most get ninja and honda here

The change being considered is not allowing a back up bike. The theory being that teams with two riders have 4 bikes. If the only had 1 bike per rider they could field two more riders on the existing back up bikes.

Remember that the reigning MGP champ is on a Yamaha, a team that couldn't scrounge up a sponsor this year. I find that more shocking than them pulling out of WSBK.

Maybe Suzuki pulling out doesn't look so stupid now...

Really, I would have thought if it was $$$$$ the MotoGp effort would be shelved. Since and SBK budget is like pocket change compaired to a MotoGp effort. Either way, it is not a good sign for our Community :beerchug:

Ducati went that way and it helped . I tried to find an article with photos of the WSB R1 and Superbike R1 --- the WSB bike is more prototype down to the frame and fuel tank and the now <detuned> Ten Kate Honda in 2008 was reported to have as much or more HP than the 08' 800cc Honda GP bike .

Big money and even BSB is pulling out of the FIM part of it.

Starting In 2012: British Superbike Championship Will Abandon World Superbike Rules To Reduce Costs News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

In the USA i can see pre-ordering on certain models and makes of bikes becoming more of the norm . Another SWAG is Yamaha will pop out a V4 powerplant to keep competitive in the GP series .

Yamaha has history of and knows their way around building the V4 engines for road racing. Honda never held the V4 by their own just lock stock and barrel.

The 83' Venture 85' V-Max came from an earlier protoype endurance racer that was sweet and everyone knows they raced V4 two strokes in the 500 days .

Anyway , i don't see it as the end , just - changing with the times.

Hmmm.. That is not a good thing for motorcycling in general..
Nope it isn't. In the next couple of years bike tech is going to slow way down, and prices are going way up. Plus I think our selection will be shrinking. Motorcycling as we know it is going to be changing in a big way. I'd get the bike you like now and plan on keeping it for a long time :laugh:

Back